What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced stock cross bars with 8020 t-slot aluminum extrusions. The extrusions and hardware were ordered from TNUTZ, which I’d highly recommend. Placed order on a Friday night and they shipped the following Monday, all for way less than 8020 brand.

Have a few more things to mount, will be great to flush mount the ski rack in the winter. Not gonna lie, loved how it looked when I had the entire roof rack completely off.
View attachment 2746020
you got that parts list you ordered?

you got that parts list you ordered?
You bet, image below. Only thing I forgot to add was the fasteners but I picked some up locally at Grainger. There are a lot of fastener types available.

Importantly, measure your clearance before you order. Based on another thread it seems 98-02 differs from 03+ on width between crossbars. The cuts I specified in my order came in dead on and their guaranteed tolerance was +\- .015.

1E181DCF-893F-42D2-8A3B-3F34D4291BD7.jpeg

Thinking of getting that skid plate, i dont do any hard wheel and this looks nice. How much do these go for shipped and how long does it take to get to you?
Man it’s pretty beefy. I do harder trails (stock skid plate looks like a bag of walnuts) and this one feels really beefy.
My skid plate shipped Monday from Israel and arrived Thursday. Super fast shipping.

Man it’s pretty beefy. I do harder trails (stock skid plate looks like a bag of walnuts) and this one feels really beefy.
My skid plate shipped Monday from Israel and arrived Thursday. Super fast shipping.

It bolts right up to the current holes that the stock skid plate bolt to right? Thanks man, i'm gonna order now, looking like $250 shipped. Alright, order went through, now we wait.

Replaced and resealed the windshield weatherstripping. Cleaning everything was a mess. Adhesive was perfect, but also messy. Wear gloves! The Permatex adhesive is most definitely waterproof! While I was up there I cleaned the seals around the sunroof with a silicone soaked rag since we got a few drops during the crazy down pour last week on the road trip.

C7ABADC6-6F95-4A34-A437-41997D330A8A.jpeg

7E389F76-FCAB-42C3-AB3B-87523BDD2BB8.jpeg

383B34AE-1ACF-4669-8841-AC12D2861732.jpeg

C5AA5755-01B8-4ED0-B187-CED4F6C943E9.jpeg

Replaced the rear A/C liquid hard lines. Half way through the job that $2000 quote from an independent shop was sounding really tempting, but eventually got them in! This job was no joke though, it took an entire day and I did replace several of the line support brackets as well.

I ordered the lines through the dealer, with shipping from online sites, their prices broke even.

20210730_181859.jpg

20210730_080807.jpg

Last edited:
It bolts right up to the current holes that the stock skid plate bolt to right? Thanks man, i'm gonna order now, looking like $250 shipped. Alright, order went through, now we wait.
Where did you order them from?

Installed my asfir skid plate. Super beefy and great option for the price. Also saw my driver cv boot ripped while I was under there. Ordered the reboot kit and will fix that tomorrow. View attachment 2746099
My love letter to CV boots (and CV axles in general): Why won't you just stop bothering me? Go away and leave me alone! I phucking hate you! Die mf, die. Go to hell. 😡:bang::poop:

Love
Me

Replaced the rear A/C liquid hard lines. Half way through the job that $2000 quote from an independent shop was sounding really tempting, but eventually got them in!

I ordered the lines through the dealer, with shipping from online sites, their prices broke even.

View attachment 2746273

View attachment 2746274
I was looking at these before I decided on the dobson termination caps and just eliminating the rear ac.

AC Line Repair Kit | Easy Aluminum AC Hose Repair - https://www.autocoolingsolutions.com/ac-lines/ac-line-repair-kits

Time for an over due update...

In early July I installed the Owl Expedition Fire Extinguisher/MOLLE Mount. Great product albeit involved install. I need another for the PS...
IMG-0039.jpg

Prior to heading out on our summer road trip I installed a new OEM muffler and associated hardware. The solo install was a challenge, but I managed to complete it without major issue. A lift and a second set of hands would have made for a much quicker install, but such is life. The only real snag I hit was getting the dimple that is stamped into the tail-pipe section the exhaust to line up correctly with the key-way on the muffler pipe. I ended up grinding it down and continuing on with the installation. After over 2500 miles on the intall, I have no issues.
IMG-0048.jpg

64783348759--1093C2C1-E0D8-4BC3-B504-99EE2DD9B52D.jpg

IMG-0058.jpg

IMG-0060.jpg

Summer Vacation - Road Trip

The kids (9, 6, & 4yro) and I took a road trip to visit family and friends. Our 12 day/2500 mile road trip took us to Pewaukee Lake, WI, St. Paul, MN, Fargo, ND, the Iron Range in MN, Duluth and Carlton MN, back to Pewaukee Lake, WI and then Dayton, OH (yesterday 7/30/2021). Due to her work schedule, my wife joined us for the middle portion of our trip, flying into Fargo and out of Duluth. We had really pleasant weather during the coarse of the trip we had ambient temps in the upper 70's to mid-80's, with the exception of our time in Fargo, ND when the temps were in the upper 80's to mid-90's. This trip was primarily highway driving. Trans temps range from ~131-145* and stayed around 135-140* during most of the drive and coolant temps range from 186-188*, with the AC running the whole time. On long grades coolant temps would hit 190-191*, but only for short periods and trans temps never climbed much out of the previously mentioned range. Only a few times did coolant temps hit 193*, and this was whilst accelerating onto the highway. During slow or stopped traffic (such as in Chicago) transmission temps would climb into the upper 150's and low 160's. Mileage on the trip was fantastic, averaging 17.8 mpg over the coarse of the trip, with a max of 19.4 mpg on one tank and min of 15.3 mpg on a tank. I will cavate that saying I am a speed limit driver and am usually not in a hurry to get to a destination. I had her loaded down pretty well, with 3 Rubbermaid action packers packed with camping gear tools, and other supplies, 1 70-qt Igloo cooler, luggage, etc... The LX never skipped a beat and we were glad we ended up taking her.

The open road...
IMG-0185.jpg

Pit stop -
IMG-0183.jpg

Visit to Duluth (OMC Smokehouse - not pictured :( -)
IMG-0291.jpg

McCarthy Beach State Park, MN -
IMG-0237.jpg

Summer Vacation - Road Trip

The kids (9, 6, & 4yro) and I took a road trip to visit family and friends. Our 12 day/2500 mile road trip took us to Pewaukee Lake, WI, St. Paul, MN, Fargo, ND, the Iron Range in MN, Duluth and Carlton MN, back to Pewaukee Lake, WI and then Dayton, OH (yesterday 7/30/2021). Due to her work schedule, my wife joined us for the middle portion of our trip, flying into Fargo and out of Duluth. We had really pleasant weather during the coarse of the trip we had ambient temps in the upper 70's to mid-80's, with the exception of our time in Fargo, ND when the temps were in the upper 80's to mid-90's. This trip was primarily highway driving. Trans temps range from ~131-145* and stayed around 135-140* during most of the drive and coolant temps range from 186-188*, with the AC running the whole time. On long grades coolant temps would hit 190-191*, but only for short periods and trans temps never climbed much out of the previously mentioned range. Only a few times did coolant temps hit 193*, and this was whilst accelerating onto the highway. During slow or stopped traffic (such as in Chicago) transmission temps would climb into the upper 150's and low 160's. Mileage on the trip was fantastic, averaging 17.8 mpg over the coarse of the trip, with a max of 19.4 mpg on one tank and min of 15.3 mpg on a tank. I will cavate that saying I am a speed limit driver and am usually not in a hurry to get to a destination. I had her loaded down pretty well, with 3 Rubbermaid action packers packed with camping gear tools, and other supplies, 1 70-qt Igloo cooler, luggage, etc... The LX never skipped a beat and we were glad we ended up taking her.

The open road...
View attachment 2746448

Pit stop -
View attachment 2746437

Visit to Duluth (OMC Smokehouse - not pictured :( -)
View attachment 2746438

McCarthy Beach State Park, MN -
View attachment 2746441
How do you like your ultra gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom