What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added DT headers and exhaust, and new sway bar end links F&R. More details in my build thread. Truck sounds beastly now and has a noticeable power bump.
FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

New heavy springs from 0ME to replace the medium duty ones after the new rear Dobinson‘s bumper with dual swing outs. Previous owner had the B spring on the driver side and the A spring on the passenger side. Got back about 2 inches in the rear and the rake looks much better. Definitely need some new bushings in the rear.
6E9759A0-B288-4224-9377-E7190E42FFCC.jpeg
7FA4131C-8E1F-4CF8-8147-BD10C3B6CD9E.jpeg
B625B49C-C5FA-4182-9EB0-23BDE99AE791.jpeg

When you absolutely, positively need to get that lower shock mount off. It was a little crusty.
2BE5FF6D-AEF1-45F0-85FD-9792B1668A20.jpeg
1BB82E35-64AB-4A6C-880E-C96402BB1735.jpeg

New engine and transmission mounts installed on my Mall Cruiser LX470 2000 this week (99K on odometer).
Racked up a total of over $5000 placed on my LX over the past 3-4 months. 😵

fa52f7e2-6afa-4a7a-bd16-aa5bb78bcf17-jpeg.2701835

-All 8 spark plugs and coil packs (denso)

-Timing Belt / Water Pump / Thermostst Aisin Kit

-Starter Denso Reman

-Alternator Denso Reman

-Costco 27F Interstate Battery

-Couple of gas and vacuum hoses in engine bay

-Engine Mount

-Transmission Mount

-Engine Bay Fusebox

-New APPS

-Cleaned MAF Sensor / Throttle Body

-Engine air filter

-A/C filter

-Hydraulic Hatch Lifts

-Engine Hood Hydraulic Lifts

-CV Axles

-4 Yokohama G015 Geolandar AT/S

-Freon

Fluids:

-All oils including transfer case and diffs

New heavy springs from 0ME to replace the medium duty ones after the new rear Dobinson‘s bumper with dual swing outs. Previous owner had the B spring on the driver side and the A spring on the passenger side. Got back about 2 inches in the rear and the rake looks much better. Definitely need some new bushings in the rear.View attachment 2701752View attachment 2701753View attachment 2701754

Is this how your rear is sitting post springs? Which did you end up getting?

How was the driver side header job? I replaced the passenger side a while ago but have been dreading the driver side

it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I posted a separate thread detailing my experience. The worst part of the driver side for me was getting the dip stick tube bolt back in honestly.

Is this how your rear is sitting post springs? Which did you end up getting?
OME 863- heavy springs

I can send a pic of the current rake when I get home tonight.

it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I posted a separate thread detailing my experience. The worst part of the driver side for me was getting the dip stick tube bolt back in honestly.
I pulled the dip stick to replace the o-rings while chasing seepage, and I also struggled with that screw. It was really hard to get the right angle to get it started!

I pulled the dip stick to replace the o-rings while chasing seepage, and I also struggled with that screw. It was really hard to get the right angle to get it started!

yeah especially with the Doug Thorley header tube going right in front of it, there’s virtually no space. Was a fight until I got a shallow swivel socket

Didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it but the gaping whole in my driver seat is kinda fixed lol.

Props go out to the person that posted this fix on the 100 Series FB group. (Theirs looked better)

(for context; the 2 curved needles that came with the pack both broke and I went trailing the next day so had only half of it done and had to tie it off)

1A503A7A-AE44-44B5-ADEB-11CF370D978B.jpeg

635D3CB0-54A1-4B6D-B963-5A1ACCF10044.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the ratty looking Lexus “All Weather” floor mats in the 99 LX. Decided to do something a little different than the Lloyds Rubbertite mats that we have in the other two. Went with the Hex-o-mats in a darker brown. Maybe they won’t show dirt as bad as the lighter colored Lloyds that we have, and they don’t seem to have the overwhelming “pool toy” smell of the Lloyds mats.

955EBC1A-02E8-4ABC-8DEC-DF7C7A96DE31.jpeg

This past Friday (6/11/2021) I dove in and swapped out my original radiator with the Mishimoto "Hi-Performance" all aluminum unit that I picked up last October. Original red had ~185k and looked ok, but the top tank was starting to brown and the upper hose inlet, was very degraded. I also took the time to put in new OEM heater-ts, hoses, and clamps. The heater t's had been replaced about 4 years ago, but I hadn't done the hoses, and I am glad I did as the hoses had hardened and I could see signs of minor seeping at all hose connects on the t's. I also replaced the lower radiator hose and thermostat housing cover. AS you can see from the photos, there was leaking at the connection. Not major, but enough, that over time the level in the reservoir very slowly dropped. I had installed new OEM thermostat, but it was bad out of the box and was not opening all the way. The scan gauge was showing coolant temps in mid to upper 190's, while running around town after the install was complete. I could even put my hand on the lower tank of the rad and lower intake hose with the system completely up to temp. Saturday morning I swapped in the OEM thermostat that I had removed, which only had ~21k miles on it. Once I installed and bled out all the of air, I didn't see temps over 188* while driving around town, with this exception of 190* once while sitting at a red light. Ambient temps were in the mid to upper 80's.

One other note, I did not use the Mishimoto provided radiator cap (19psi/1/3Bar), I used a new OEM radiator cap (16psi/1.1Bar).

A special thanks to @ramangain for assisting on install on Friday. His help and knowledge made things much easier and enjoyable.

New parts;
parts_06112021.jpg

Bad thermostat housing (inside of the hose looked just as bad);
bad_tstat_housing_06112021.jpg

Trouble shooting for high coolant temp post install;
bad_new_tstat_06112021.jpg

running_warmer_06112021.jpg

New (old) thermostat installed and bleeding system;
new_tstat_06112021.jpg

Last edited:
We added the OMAC smoked bug deflector to the LX... :cool:

tempImageYLaxAJ.jpg

A little bit of a challenge as there were no directions with it and all attempts to reach out via land line proved negative. :banana:

We added the OMAC smoked bug deflector to the LX... :cool:

View attachment 2703589

A little bit of a challenge as there were no directions with it and all attempts to reach out via land line proved negative. :banana:

Is it clip on or did you end up drilling holes in the hood?

Took advantage of the current insane used car prices, and sold my DD for well over book..... to a dealer. Picked up a '02 LC in Riverrock Green Metallic for less than 1/2 of what I sold the truck for.

Since today was my Sunday, wash/wax/interior deep clean. Replaced hood struts. 3rd row seatbelt "delete".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom