What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just bought a National Luna legacy fridge 40L … love it :)

7D74CBFB-0096-49D5-9B80-1347A06C57FF.jpeg

On the advice of a member on another forum, I have used an Ozone machine to get rid of smoke smells from my car. That machine worked wonders!!
I agree on the ozone machine. Couldn't find one in the time I had to do the project. Will try to locate one to finalize the job. Thanks for the post.

I agree on the ozone machine. Couldn't find one in the time I had to do the project. Will try to locate one to finalize the job. Thanks for the post.
I bought this one. Amazon product ASIN B00JAP7388
It took several treatments (and physical cleanings and scrubbings) to rid my 100 of 250k miles and 17 years of the previous owners smoking habit to fade away. Still, 5 years later, I can smell a slight cigarette odor coming from the dash pad when it sits in direct sun at 100 degrees.

As a bonus, the ozone machine has been used around the house for pet odor and burned popped corn...

Technically was some weeks back, BUT, restored my parents' '00 LX470 from the brink of being abandoned again. Fixed the AHC Suspension (wasn't showing any signs of life because the AHC-IG fuse had been pulled) making for a MUCH smoother ride. Fixed the A/C blower (had some debris inside that caused unsavory sounds when A/C was set to highest fan speed). Identified a leaky PS line, gonna fix that soon. Also, the console screen is all crusty-looking and barely legible, I figured it's the polarization film that's crusting off due to Nigerian heat and humidity so gonna also fix that soon. Gave the car a nice thorough wash and vacuuming. Looking to replace the driver side CV axle and hub flange because their splines are nice and worn, resulting in the car only being able to be driven with CDL enabled. The car has started squeaking when revved or driving at high RPMs (4500+) but it's barely audible. Will look at the fan (turpentine) belt later. I know I have a lot of will-look-at-them-laters but hey college applications is coming 'round the corner so ye. 🤷‍♂️ The car has come 115k miles and still has a long way to go! Cheers!!

Technically was some weeks back, BUT, restored my parents' '00 LX470 from the brink of being abandoned again. Fixed the AHC Suspension (wasn't showing any signs of life because the AHC-IG fuse had been pulled) making for a MUCH smoother ride. Fixed the A/C blower (had some debris inside that caused unsavory sounds when A/C was set to highest fan speed). Identified a leaky PS line, gonna fix that soon. Also, the console screen is all crusty-looking and barely legible, I figured it's the polarization film that's crusting off due to Nigerian heat and humidity so gonna also fix that soon. Gave the car a nice thorough wash and vacuuming. Looking to replace the driver side CV axle and hub flange because their splines are nice and worn, resulting in the car only being able to be driven with CDL enabled. The car has started squeaking when revved or driving at high RPMs (4500+) but it's barely audible. Will look at the fan (turpentine) belt later. I know I have a lot of will-look-at-them-laters but hey college applications is coming 'round the corner so ye. 🤷‍♂️ The car has come 115k miles and still has a long way to go! Cheers!!
Sounds great man! Post some pics of the rig. Also, post some details like what engine and chassis it is. Here is US we don't get the diesel or solid front axle (105).

New heavy springs from 0ME to replace the medium duty ones after the new rear Dobinson‘s bumper with dual swing outs. Previous owner had the B spring on the driver side and the A spring on the passenger side. Got back about 2 inches in the rear and the rake looks much better. Definitely need some new bushings in the rear.
6E9759A0-B288-4224-9377-E7190E42FFCC.jpeg
7FA4131C-8E1F-4CF8-8147-BD10C3B6CD9E.jpeg
B625B49C-C5FA-4182-9EB0-23BDE99AE791.jpeg

When you absolutely, positively need to get that lower shock mount off. It was a little crusty.
2BE5FF6D-AEF1-45F0-85FD-9792B1668A20.jpeg
1BB82E35-64AB-4A6C-880E-C96402BB1735.jpeg

New engine and transmission mounts installed on my Mall Cruiser LX470 2000 this week (99K on odometer).
Racked up a total of over $5000 placed on my LX over the past 3-4 months. 😵

fa52f7e2-6afa-4a7a-bd16-aa5bb78bcf17-jpeg.2701835

-All 8 spark plugs and coil packs (denso)

-Timing Belt / Water Pump / Thermostst Aisin Kit

-Starter Denso Reman

-Alternator Denso Reman

-Costco 27F Interstate Battery

-Couple of gas and vacuum hoses in engine bay

-Engine Mount

-Transmission Mount

-Engine Bay Fusebox

-New APPS

-Cleaned MAF Sensor / Throttle Body

-Engine air filter

-A/C filter

-Hydraulic Hatch Lifts

-Engine Hood Hydraulic Lifts

-CV Axles

-4 Yokohama G015 Geolandar AT/S

-Freon

Fluids:

-All oils including transfer case and diffs

New heavy springs from 0ME to replace the medium duty ones after the new rear Dobinson‘s bumper with dual swing outs. Previous owner had the B spring on the driver side and the A spring on the passenger side. Got back about 2 inches in the rear and the rake looks much better. Definitely need some new bushings in the rear.View attachment 2701752View attachment 2701753View attachment 2701754

Is this how your rear is sitting post springs? Which did you end up getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom