What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, all sorts of info to snag besides mechanical. Extra stuff is $9.99

Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader Supports Torque, OBD Fusion app Amazon product ASIN B073XKQQQW
Great. Thank you. I'll check it out. For some reason I had it in my head that iOS required a wifi dongle. Good to know.

8E40F2C6-C699-47B0-9F09-C60762EBB261.png

It was defaulted to Wi-Fi when I plugged it in so you have to go to:

“settings-preferences-communications-communications type” and change it in there.

Jan. 1 I joined the club with my 99 LC with 230k. Only service records I got were a oil change about 1500 miles ago and rotors & breaks at the same time. Started the baseline project today though. On the list is all OEM, new radiator, radiator cap, upper and lower hoses, WP, Timing belt, fan, fan bracket assembly, drive belt, thermostat, tensioner, valve cover, gaskets, spark plugs, oil filter, Mobil 1 synthetic, Toyota red, heater tees, valve cover grommets, valve cover bolts, distributer gasket, camshaft crank seal, air filter. Good start, and so glad I’m doing this now. The TB is in terrifying shape. Hopefully going to get the rest done tomorrow.

C1CE8DC9-DF8E-4680-94E1-6FB47764DA2E.jpeg

37092DFF-0722-435E-A117-D4475AE9D66E.jpeg

E5ACBB66-B138-424E-B3D0-51F96D947BF7.jpeg

6FE8E993-F6F2-487C-8F66-898F442D8D72.jpeg

5BFBD00C-654D-49D4-A08F-D183DE5D298A.jpeg

Trying out OBD Fusion for iOS. Pretty slick. I like to run OBD stats on the summer trails in Moab. Have used Torque Pro in the past.

View attachment 2555427
Care to share the PIDs for AT Temp and GPS Speed? I’ve been trying like hell to get AT Temp to work but I guess the PID is different between models...It works for my 4runner but not my 100...

You have to buy the $9.99 extra package to get the AT Temp and tons of other stuff. After that, you just click it like any of the others that are available. No custom PID creation required.

Care to share the PIDs for AT Temp and GPS Speed? I’ve been trying like hell to get AT Temp to work but I guess the PID is different between models...It works for my 4runner but not my 100...

Trying out OBD Fusion for iOS. Pretty slick. I like to run OBD stats on the summer trails in Moab. Have used Torque Pro in the past.

View attachment 2555427
Damn gotta find my Kiwi 3 ODB2 dongle. Do you get any A/C sensors on that? is your rig odb1 or the newer M-ODB or whatever.

In an effort to learn more about my rig and how to use it to get outdoors with the family, I connected with a club member I hadn't met before and explored some local trails. I wrote about it here:

Greased the U-joints and yoke splines. I “overgreased“ the splines on the rear shaft and it squeezed out past the freeze plug in the yoke. The plug is still in place, which is a relief.

The drive line feels better, though I still feel a clunk on braking.

Greased the U-joints and yoke splines. I “overgreased“ the splines on the rear shaft and it squeezed out past the freeze plug in the yoke. The plug is still in place, which is a relief.

The drive line feels better, though I still feel a clunk on braking.
u can take the zerks off on the spiders and go for short drive over some speed bumps @ medium speed, this got mine to contract in a bit again. Then just put them back on, clean up the crap off the undercarriage and just put 1-2 squeezes in it again. That's what I did. Get some medium clunk here and there but nothing terrifying.

Greased the driveshafts today, following the Toyota procedure - slip yolks until grease is expelled. I read through all the opinions and decided to go this way. I did this with the truck on the ground. That was fun and easy. I had a mild clunk when changing from P to R or D, and it's gone.

Then I did a full fluid film treatment. That was not particulary fun. I'm sure it would be easier/cleaner on a lift with a full suit/respirator and a pneumatic sprayer gun. I went through all 6 aerosol cans I purchased and it was just about the right amount. Crammed a ton in the frame rails and all over everything (except exhaust of course). Next year I think I will just pay someone to do this.

Then I changed all 8 spark plugs and coil packs as preventative maintenance and no records of it being done. That was easy. 5/8 packs were cracked but otherwise the plugs all looked good.

Prepping for an engine swap on a new friend’s Cruiser(blown head gasket, coolant leak). Valve cover gaskets, plug seals, starter and complete timing belt job with all the toppings before the install. So easy with the donor engine on a stand. 👍

95826F91-5126-4956-9033-4442968ABF0C.jpeg

EB026F87-5D4A-4A90-9A04-B602A33D54A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Prepping for an engine swap on a new friend’s Cruiser(blown head gasket, coolant leak). Valve cover gaskets, plug seals, starter and complete timing belt job with all the toppings before the install. So easy with the donor engine on a stand. 👍

View attachment 2556852

View attachment 2556853
Heck now's the time to put on some nice headers! That donor engine looks fresh. Did his heater T's go or did he just run too low on coolant?

Went up in the mountains locally with some friends, had literally no clue there was snow up there or that there was snow in the forecast. Unfortunately everyone and their mother had the same idea and ended up just finding a little camp pull off to make some chili and a fire and hangout while two groups of twenty jeeps tried to pass each other. It was a mess, but it ended being a pretty nice spot and was nice to just hang out and watch the tomfoolery. 60v battery Dewalt chainsaw has been one of the better pieces of kit this winter, had dry split logs and a fire in under 10 mins, just grabbed it off the roof rack and pulled the trigger and it goes.
IMG-5882.jpg

IMG-5884.jpg

IMG-5917.jpg

IMG-5924.jpg

Getting two different map views at the same time has been awesome.
IMG-6336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom