What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Good point! I remember seeing a post you or someone else mentioning the lowers get beat to hell. I had some clear plastidip and built it up pretty thick last night. Should keep them safe till I order some LaminX.

Most likely was me. LaminX worked for me. But, any thick protective coating will suffice. I've never seen shocks get scoured and rust like the ToughDogs. They are great otherwise. But I think the paint is WAAAAY too thin and certainly not up to the task.

Gone fishing!! Found similar setup on youtube
Longest rod 7'2

ATTACH=full]2356451[/ATTACH]
20200629_170657.jpg
20200629_170651.jpg
20200629_170610.jpg
20200629_170739.jpg

20200629_170617.jpg

Edit: Deleted, question already answered.

Greased up the door stops with a 17 year old tube of Shin Etsu grease (originally bought for the S2000 soft top seals back in 2003).

Still worked!

I think I figured out the source of the pleasant "earthy" odor from my air vents :) Went ahead and cleaned the MAF sensor and Throttle Body (gunked up pretty good) as well.

1593538138790.png

I just lubed my drive shafts and U joints today and still have the clunk. I wonder if it is this part? I also have a little play in the drive shafts when lifted on Jack stands. Is this common or should there be no play? What part is this?
Front diff bushings

This past Friday I put 275/70/18 STT Pro’s and less than 24 hours I was out using them in some slop.

My first impression is I absolutely love these tires.

Little hum at 35-40mph but ride much better and are much taller than my previous rubber bands I had on the truck.
2EEF4B85-FA81-43C0-952D-34384524F82F.jpeg
C00E2DAB-6076-480F-B1A5-5A207B8A59F5.jpeg
3737BCBA-1CA9-42EE-9872-3C4C029E71FC.jpeg

Looks great, do you use spacers? If so, what kind and size?
Nope No spacers and no lift. I get zero rubbing at full turn right or left.
I still have functioning AHC.
The only issue I had was stuffing it in the stock spare location.

it wouldn’t fit aired up so o aired the spare tire down to around 10 psi and it fits without hitting the rear track bar.

Windshield replacement leads to trip to the body shop. Will get it done right, but the wallet will feel it I'm sure. Captain Slow is worth it though.

For all the threads and concern about proper windshield installs, interesting to see that I may be suffering the results of a bad install, but also that my local Safelite was very aware of the 100 Series and brought up rivets vs. screws without me prompting them with anything other than a "you guys familiar with how tricky these are?" comment.

And if you are wondering, that's a remote start antenna hanging there.

UPDATE: Bodyshop did not have to replace any steel, so that was good news. Safelite in Fort Collins, CO completed the windshield install (using rivets) and were extremely helpful and service oriented. The guy I chatted with basically said "if Toyota used rivets, of course that's how my shop will do it, no reason to do it any other way". They took pride in their work and even showed me that they filled the previous screw holes with the screws from the previous install and sealed them up. Even painted the screws and rivets black.

IMG_2204.JPG

Last edited:
That makes me want to add the filters to mine.

Blasphemy, you can't convert a Land Cruiser to one of them fancy smanchy versions. You guys get to say you own a Land Cruiser and LX owners get to live longer due to better air quality with the cabin air filter as part of the many luxury experience upgrades.

Neglected her a few days since returning from our camping trip... I vacuumed and wiped all the interior dust out and gave her a wash.

I <3 the way the green looks when clean.. regardless of how many scratches she has. Lol.

IMG-8062.jpg

IMG-8068.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom