What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The real question is: why is this still here?

View attachment 2331336

I would kill to replace my nav with something aftermarket

Guys... I think it’s time we start a gofundme for @ikarus
Ahha dude I’m not rich like you!!
I’ve been rolling with a cassette adapter for 4 years now ha

Nice! I've often thought about getting one. Do you happen to have any photos of the two mounting points at the bottom? Looks like you have to take off the trim and maybe drill a couple holes for the screws?

have to remove lower trim and drill 2 hole on upper trim. What i did to re inforce the bottom i drill tru trim and metal behind trim. added rivnut for better support.
20200606_101934.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't done much since my late April project of repairing 2 leaking coolant hoses. Nothing exciting, yesterday had Costco rotate and balance my tires and install new tire pressure sensors...I'd been staring at the light for over a year. Today I decided it was finally time to change the oil (it has been about 13 months), cleaned the MAF sensor, pulled the factory skid plates in preparation for my ASFIR skid plate that is in route. This afternoon, I'll grease the drive shafts once my new Lock N' Lube grease gun attachment arrives.
LX470_a.jpg

Decided I've waited too long to investigate the water-in-the-driver-floorboard issue. Could be the following: sunroof leak, roof rack rusty bolts, windshield replacement.

Sunroof no longer opens, but I don't care. Either way, I removed it and checked the drains. There was a little gunk but water flowed to the ground.

Had to remove the roof rack to get it in the garage and begin this process. Everything looked great. Only one bolt had any water on it and it wasn't rusted.

I had almost decided to bypass the windshield. Even though it was replaced a few years ago, I could tell rivets were used and I haven't read anywhere on mud that anyone had a problem with rivets. Screws? Absolutely. Rivets? No worries. Decided to check anyway. Started to carefully pull away the rubber cover...

and the whole damn thing comes off the truck with the rivets attached to the seal! WUT?

I'm not sure where to begin with this. I can tell the holes have not been drilled so the rivets should fit, right? What am I missing? What questions should I ask?
holes.jpg
rivet and trim.jpg
rivet.jpg

I cured my low-voltage issue during idle while sitting in gear. With lots of the accessories on the voltage would drop below 13 and needed revs to go above 14 volts. Not good for battery health or reliability.

I got myself a smaller pulley for the alternator: Amazon.com: Pulley 6 grv Yellow Zinc 1.92" OD: Automotive

Which I would not have been able to install without removing the radiator except I got this awesome 90 degree low-profile impact: https://amzn.to/2UeTEQs
And this low profile 22mm socket: https://amzn.to/2Y79oWK

aMRNi0s.jpg

6kSdk5d.jpg

lEhIlP3.jpg

D1ddBlz.jpg

V4MW1ZY.jpg

Before:
5MFhfdD.jpg

After:
Byevpzd.jpg

I cured my low-voltage issue during idle while sitting in gear. With lots of the accessories on the voltage would drop below 13 and needed revs to go above 14 volts. Not good for battery health or reliability.

I got myself a smaller pulley for the alternator: Amazon.com: Pulley 6 grv Yellow Zinc 1.92" OD: Automotive

Which I would not have been able to install without removing the radiator except I got this awesome 90 degree low-profile impact: https://amzn.to/2UeTEQs
And this low profile 22mm socket: https://amzn.to/2Y79oWK

aMRNi0s.jpg

6kSdk5d.jpg

lEhIlP3.jpg

D1ddBlz.jpg

V4MW1ZY.jpg

Before:
5MFhfdD.jpg

After:
Byevpzd.jpg
Nice tool! (Don't take that the wrong way)

Nice tool! (Don't take that the wrong way)
Interesting that my new ho alt came with a smaller pulley. Makes sense that a big three and a smaller pulley absent of a ho alt would be solid upgrades form higher voltage and stabilization

Summer coming up, installed dash mat to help with glare and reduce radiated heat from dash... also have 70% windshield tint to help.

Got samples from 3 companies to find a color that matches the 2 tone lx interior, taupe from dash designs in velour was the best match for me.

20200606_162633.jpg

20200606_162643.jpg

Welp...almost installed new one piece Depo lights only to discover my HID bulbs and stock high beam bulbs will not fit. Anyone have any tips?

FAB9A79F-8B0F-4F28-B0B7-84DB25EA8C11.jpeg

DE147D72-D01C-4674-8422-0112B26D5C04.jpeg

Between rain storms today, I got my @TRAIL TAILOR extended sway bar links installed. On the first drive, my rig felt closer to the smooth OEM ride when cornering and hitting bumps. It had felt a little bound up and harsh since installing the Ironman lift. They're definitely more stout than stock, and seem to be an improvement in handling. If anyone wants my OEM links, see my free post in the classifieds.

Had front and rear diffy oil changed and new fill and drain plugs Installed so I could do it next time! Had radiator flushed and new “red” coolant put in, along with new hoses and stainless t joints. Now onto the sway bars...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom