What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2334250Attempted to replace wheels with 20" Sequoias but broke a stud.
This would be a high time to replace all the studs - they are all of the same age and might break at an inopportune time. Looking at that front wheel I laud your efforts here!

Couple days late to the party...replaced a steering rack and the DS motor mount Saturday. Then we got a slew of thunderstorms, so we figured we had to make a run for the hills to test out the new tires. Quick run up Forest Lake in American Fork Canyon—tough, technical first section, but pretty smooth sailing afterwards.

I got a few more long scrapes on the sliders, but that's the game when your friend (the guy in the Burton hoodie) leads the trail runs in a triple locked 80 series on 37s. I already wanted to SAS it, and now it's practically a guarantee.

_DSF9565.jpg

I'm still floating around 7500 pounds, so sometimes the obstacles move with me. Super stuck here, had to winch the passenger side over that ledge.
_DSF9576.jpg

Still very stuck, smoking tires :hillbilly:
IMG_0508.jpg

Made it up eventually, and even got above the snowline.
IMG_0513.jpg

Clear skies once we made it down the trail.
IMG_0520.jpg

Couple days late to the party...replaced a steering rack and the DS motor mount Saturday. Then we got a slew of thunderstorms, so we figured we had to make a run for the hills to test out the new tires. Quick run up Forest Lake in American Fork Canyon—tough, technical first section, but pretty smooth sailing afterwards.

I got a few more long scrapes on the sliders, but that's the game when your friend (the guy in the Burton hoodie) leads the trail runs in a triple locked 80 series on 37s. I already wanted to SAS it, and now it's practically a guarantee.

View attachment 2334429

I'm still floating around 7500 pounds, so sometimes the obstacles move with me. Super stuck here, had to winch the passenger side over that ledge.
View attachment 2334431

Still very stuck, smoking tires :hillbilly:
View attachment 2334432

Made it up eventually, and even got above the snowline.
View attachment 2334436

Clear skies once we made it down the trail.
View attachment 2334437
When did you go up? I was just up there yesterday morning
7p6gbeR.jpg

That was going down. I was also with a triple locked 80 on 37s. I made it up fine but it annoyed me how easily he walked up it. ha

When did you go up? I was just up there yesterday morning
7p6gbeR.jpg

That was going down. I was also with a triple locked 80 on 37s. I made it up fine but it annoyed me how easily he walked up it. ha

It is annoying! No lockers on mine (yet), so I struggled in that first section.

We went up Sunday afternoon. Too crowded for my taste, can't imagine how busy it is on a normal weekend. Otherwise AF canyon was pretty empty.

It is annoying! No lockers on mine (yet), so I struggled in that first section.

We went up Sunday afternoon. Too crowded for my taste, can't imagine how busy it is on a normal weekend. Otherwise AF canyon was pretty empty.
I don't even bother to go there Fri-Sun anymore. Especially when the weather's nice. But if you can swing it, Monday at 8am, there was one guy taking photos of his s2K at tibble, one guy blasting down the trail with an open beer, rattling his old f250 to pieces, one homeless camp, and two jeeps haha

I don't even bother to go there Fri-Sun anymore. Especially when the weather's nice. But if you can swing it, Monday at 8am, there was one guy taking photos of his s2K at tibble, one guy blasting down the trail with an open beer, rattling his old f250 to pieces, one homeless camp, and two jeeps haha

Same for the most part. We just wanted to hit it during the rain and snow.

No paint needed for the tan interior.
For the grey interior, there is a larger color deviation. I have been in contact with filament makers to see if I can get a better color match.
Great! Thx for the fast response. How do I order and can I get with one usb and one outlet (wall plug)?

Refoamed my speakers; I have sound now! I'm certainly not going to win any competitions with a stock system but it sounds fine to me. Now I think I need to get a BT45-TOY so I can actually listen to some good tunes.

I also disassembled most of the trunk in the process and the previous owner went to the beach a few times... there was a ton of sand and some corrosion which I'll need to take care of :(

Front diff, with Harrop e-locker and new ring and pinion, arrived from ECGS yesterday, carried by a sad-looking fedex guy. I ran down the steps and relieved him of his burden.

Yesterday afternoon I got the diff mated to the axle tube and mounted up on the truck (thanks to my long suffering wife working the floor jack while I balanced the diff and grunted and cursed and tried to get bolts in). Then got the passenger side cv in (relatively easy, thank goodness) and everything bolted up in that side.

This afternoon I did drivers side cv etc, prop shaft, and....gear oil!

Then jacked up a wheel and tested the locker. It works! Confirmed later in a nearby gravel lot.
Still need to tidy up my wiring. Used the oem switch and the relay and harness that came with the Harrop.
5BF63334-470C-46E4-AE05-34E10AABCF22.jpeg

This week we put some new tyres and springs in, and we put in a neat little dual battery / voltage monitor that fits nicely into the OEM Toyota switch recess.

gX3WMBB.jpg

Was on Toyo Open Country AT1 33's (285/75/16) with 2" Dobinson springs

ndUmIeI.jpg

Now on Toyo Open Country RT 35's (315 75 16) with 3" Dobinsons springs

7UMsG2z.jpg

LINK FOR DUAL VOLT METER
This little voltmeter looks nice and (I think) almost looks like it could be factory fitment.

This week we put some new tyres and springs in, and we put in a neat little dual battery / voltage monitor that fits nicely into the OEM Toyota switch recess.

gX3WMBB.jpg

Was on Toyo Open Country AT1 33's (285/75/16) with 2" Dobinson springs

ndUmIeI.jpg

Now on Toyo Open Country RT 35's (315 75 16) with 3" Dobinsons springs

7UMsG2z.jpg

LINK FOR DUAL VOLT METER
This little voltmeter looks nice and (I think) almost looks like it could be factory fitment.
That’s really cool mate! Did this dual volt meter come with some type of wiring and instructions also?

Thursday: New CVs and found a bad upper ball joint. Needed to have it back on the road ASAFP, so ended up with a new set of SPC upper control arms. Thanks to Accessory Outfitters in Beaverton for getting the SPC arms for me so quickly.
View attachment 2332990

Friday: Best alignment I've had so far on the 100, then we headed out after the all-clear for a little of this in the Central Oregon:
View attachment 2333095

Thanks to Matthew Mangus for putting the trip together and the great pic. :)
Kicking myself for not going lol. Ya'll went to Sisters huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom