What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going to do it too, but appears the charcoal canister sits in the way

You can still do it with the charcoal canister. You can get about an inch or so. I just did it on my 04. Another guy was able to swing his canister to the side and get even more room. Take a look at the spare clearance thread.

Successfully cleaned the garage enough to get the LX in so I can replace the brakes, rehab the Hubs with the @cruiseroutfit hub bearing kit, and start fabbing my roof rack with the mount brackets i picked up from @TRAIL TAILOR . Also my daughter was supervising the back in. These florida garages are shallow and not as wide as western states garages. I think it has to do with wind loading requirements on garage door widths. This is a "3" car garage, but as one friend said "it's more like a 3 CART garage". That's probably more accurate.

IMG_8941.JPEG
IMG_8942.JPEG

What aircraft stripper? The Rustoleum gets good reviews but is tough to find...and Summit is 2-weeks out on expected ship date.

Kleanstrip’s new (legal) formula gets horrible reviews.

Thanks!

I used klean strip. No basis for comparision, but if I had half a brain I would have just had them media blasted.

Spare tire clearance mod. Approx 1.7"View attachment 2319206

Does not look strong enough for a highway speed breaking or minor hit from front or rear. I wish someone fabricates a plate to cover the full surface area between cross section and frame mounts.

How big of a tire will fit now? I want to do this to accommodate a 295/70/18 if possible...
Did it in preparation for stowing a 265/75 AT. Nothing big at all on my rig.

You can still do it with the charcoal canister. You can get about an inch or so. I just did it on my 04. Another guy was able to swing his canister to the side and get even more room. Take a look at the spare clearance thread.
Here is the link. Spare Tire lift for those with charcoal canister in the rear.
I'm going to try this myself but maybe use longer bolts & a couple more washers to try to gain a touch more.

I set up a ProPride 3P hitch for my Cruiser and 26' travel trailer combo. I had about 700 pounds of tongue weight on the camper so definitely needed weigh distribution and antisway. Trailer if 5000 pounds dry, I'll keep it under 6000 pounds loaded - but it's a tall trailer and weight is pushing limits. I did tow it about 4 miles without the hitch and even with no weight distribution AHC did not go into Low, I was surprised. I was the only one in the truck though.

Changed both upstream 02 sensors. I was lazy and just did it from under the truck. Didn't even jack it up. Super easy 20 minute job to do both sides. Crowfoot 02 sensor wrench makes the job cake. Now let's hope my P0150 and P0153 go away...

Hi, I bought my first Land Cruiser. 253,000 miles and I have had it almost a week now. The bones are good but cosmetically, it needs some attention. So far I haven't done much to it yet. I ordered a few little things like hood struts, all new lug nuts, since there is one or 2 missing and some others that don't look like the rest. I also ordered a new key, the one I received is in a few pieces and is just taped together, that is on it's way. But today I did take it to the garage near me and we put it up on the lift to check it out. Not bad, no leaks that we can see and only some surface rust in places. The owner let me change the oil while I was there since I had already bought oil and filter over the weekend. I am planning to change out all of the fluids in the next couple of weeks.

Probably finished restoring a set of 18" LX wheels I bought over a year ago on Mud classifieds. They've been sitting on the side of the house waiting for me and some bonus project time thanks to covid.

Pressure wash, aircraft stripper, wire wheel and sanding. Had a little help, less than enthusiastic. Seems self defeating as they are or will be the primary drivers of this fine machine.

Couldn't find the good before pics, but I haven't touched the spare yet, so it's indicative of the salt-induced corrosion around here.

New finish is all Rustoleum - self etching primer, graphite high performance wheel paint and clear coat.

Not as smooth as I'd like, seems like some dust nibs in the sides of the spokes, so I may polish and hit it again with clear after it is good and cured.

View attachment 2317366View attachment 2317367View attachment 2317368View attachment 2317369I think those look fine! Thanks for the inspiration.

Here is the link. Spare Tire lift for those with charcoal canister in the rear.
I'm going to try this myself but maybe use longer bolts & a couple more washers to try to gain a touch more.
That’s a good one. My car is a 2000 and doesn’t have the canister in that area. I followed this video but used different spacers for the tire sub frame. I went with a 1.5” iron (?) plumping connector and a few spare tapered nuts as extra spacers to get a little more lift.

All new OEM rubber transmission ATF cooling hoses to/from the radiator and ATF cooler + new OEM power steering hose from the reservoir to the pump.

Also I removed and cleaned the gunk off the crankshaft position sensor. The sensor cap now looks like new. Also treated the plug and socket with dielectric grease so it will be easy to remove and service again someday.

Hi, I bought my first Land Cruiser. 253,000 miles and I have had it almost a week now. The bones are good but cosmetically, it needs some attention. So far I haven't done much to it yet. I ordered a few little things like hood struts, all new lug nuts, since there is one or 2 missing and some others that don't look like the rest. I also ordered a new key, the one I received is in a few pieces and is just taped together, that is on it's way. But today I did take it to the garage near me and we put it up on the lift to check it out. Not bad, no leaks that we can see and only some surface rust in places. The owner let me change the oil while I was there since I had already bought oil and filter over the weekend. I am planning to change out all of the fluids in the next couple of weeks.

Welcome to Cruiser Land. It looks like you are off to a good start. Just hang around for a while and we'll help you use this 💳

Make 24: EZFix of door switch panel

1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2312259

A lot of us have suffered from flimsy door panel caused by broken or deformed tab. The panel is getting harder to source and cost a fortune. The printed EZFix tab can be glued over the broken factory tab. EZFix has overall larger dimension and thicker material.

View attachment 2312224

View attachment 2312234

2. Glue I used:

Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue 20-Gram Bottle (1365882)

3. Price:

$0 + Shipping ($7.5 to $8.5)

The CAD took me about 1-2 hours. Material cost is minimum. So I will just make it free.
Just PM leaving your shipping address.

This was the best ezfix for sure. Ive been searching online for used switches and too $$$ since all my buttons work. Thank you for this works perfect. Just epoxy let dry n done
20200526_174049.jpg
20200526_174055.jpg
20200526_210418.jpg
20200526_211153.jpg
20200526_211223.jpg

Geez Louise, are you me? My goodies from rockauto just showed up yesterday for my new to me 230k LX. Hood struts,lug nuts to replace a few missing ones, bulbs. 😂

Changed both upstream 02 sensors. I was lazy and just did it from under the truck. Didn't even jack it up. Super easy 20 minute job to do both sides. Crowfoot 02 sensor wrench makes the job cake. Now let's hope my P0150 and P0153 go away...
Hey Sloth, man I'm needing to do this on my LX. What was involved in the swap, what size tool did you use?

Geez Louise, are you me? My goodies from rockauto just showed up yesterday for my new to me 230k LX. Hood struts,lug nuts to replace a few missing ones, bulbs. 😂

This me of me in more ways than one. Hood struts were my first purchase and my name is Craig also. Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom