What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to help of the stickied threads in the 100 series section, the OTRAMM videos and my FSM I finally finished tackling the 90 major maintenance at home. I've been picking away at it literally 15-20 minutes here and there the past 3 weeks. We finally had some decent weather here this past weekend and I was able to get about 12 hours straight in to complete it. Also replaced radiator (which gives you so much more space to work with in the engine bay), fan bracket, all idlers, water pump, t-stat, serpentine belt tensioner, alternator, heater tees, all rubber hoses, pcv valve/grommet, cam seals, crank seal, spark plugs, heater tees, and passenger side valve cover/ spark plug tube seals. Probably a few other things in there i'm forgetting. Overall pretty simple. I took my time, bagged and labelled all bolts/ nuts etc...

Also attempted to replace the fuel filter, but the new one just would not seal and kept leaking. Had to throw the old one back in. Going to need to return it my local dealer where I got it from and get a new one. Lame.

Ghetto crank removal tool
20200428_115813.jpg

Front engine naked and wet
20200428_164604.jpg

New timing belt, tensioner, idlers, and water pump
20200429_153429.jpg

All the paint pen marks
20200502_191240.jpg

Wrapped up and running
20200503_122022.jpg

Yes! I have a crack in this same trim on either side. Any pointers?! Part #?

Wild! The finished product looks amazing! You should sell this!
Best stock/mod swing out option looks hella clean.
I know you 100 guys don't get out of this forum much :flipoff2:, but there's a bunch of guys that have done this with 80s over the years. There's even a kit that's produced and sold by a Mud member:
I'd bet that same kit could be adapted to work with the 100 without too much headache...

installed a new double din head unit in place of the factory Nakamichi unit. Still using factory amp etc. works great, just waiting on trim piece to come it so its complete (thanks covid 19 for delaying shipping by 2 weeks). ordered tree straps, snatch blocks and a bigger winch hook to do upgrades and expand on recovery gear.

I have been a busy young man as of late. I bought this truck 4/27/2020. A week ago.

Removed running boards - Removed wind deflector - Dealer fluid exchange transmission - Dealer fluid exchange coolant - Dealer checked heater tees (OK but ordered stainless steel anyway) - Changed oil and filter - New air filter - Shampoo carpets - Heavily treated dry leather seats - Removed 3rd row seat - Went 4X4 / Camping / Shooting - America

Covered plate 2.jpg

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6864.JPG

I have been a busy young man as of late. I bought this truck 4/27/2020. A week ago.

Removed running boards - Removed wind deflector - Dealer fluid exchange transmission - Dealer fluid exchange coolant - Dealer checked heater tees (OK but ordered stainless steel anyway) - Changed oil and filter - New air filter - Shampoo carpets - Heavily treated dry leather seats - Removed 3rd row seat - Went 4X4 / Camping / Shooting - America

View attachment 2295319

View attachment 2295322

View attachment 2295327

View attachment 2295331

View attachment 2295332
was it the rear wing deflector?

just so you know those are a gold mine and can go for 100-500 depending where you get them from...(original owner, reseller).

I managed to score one but there is always someone looking for one.

was it the rear wing deflector?

just so you know those are a gold mine and can go for 100-500 depending where you get them from...(original owner, reseller).

I managed to score one but there is always someone looking for one.

It is original in perfect condition. Thanks for the tip!

Where did you get those switches?
Yes, they do come with the kit. Sent the Front Locker (since that's the one I put in). They are a little wider than the knockout, so trimming was required. Used a wire clothes hanger to reach into the dash and pull the harness back through.

New wheels/tires, new hood struts and also replaced the starter.
I had to replace hood struts when I purchased mine. Both crapped it long before I bought it. Seems like a thing with cruisers

Like the garage setup. Rims seem to set that car off for some reason. Looks kinda mint.

Man, curious are those side view mirrors electric fold in ? or just turned in
Oh it’s been a habit since the beginning of my driving days 20 years ago to fold my side mirrors, the lx has a button for the side mirror to fold in and out I just press that. Thanks for the kind words, just trying to keep my sanity with the stay at home orders and just do projects here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom