What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

installed dissent modular rear bumper. finishing up tire carrier today.
also hacked off the resonator. what do you think of this tip location? will i get exhaust fumes in the cab or should i try and run this closer to the outside of the body. trying to keep it high but save space in the spare location for something down the road.
20200503_161201-01.jpeg
20200503_161837-01.jpeg
20200503_162049-01.jpeg
20200503_171123-01.jpeg
20200504_155616-01.jpeg

also hacked off the resonator. what do you think of this tip location? will i get exhaust fumes in the cab or should i try and run this closer to the outside of the body. trying to keep it high but save space in the spare location for something down the road.
I hacked my resonator there and did not add the tip back. No exhaust fumes in the cab at all.

I hacked my resonator there and did not add the tip back. No exhaust fumes in the cab at all.

Same here. Never noticed any exhaust and never got around to adding an extension before I sold that truck.

I crushed the exhaust tip at HIH8. All of the Dissent rear bumper trucks have the same crushed end, I think.

View attachment 2296201View attachment 2296202View attachment 2296203View attachment 2296204View attachment 2296205
I know you were looking for better clearance but did the resonator delete improve the exhaust note at all?

Check your coolant!

(I'm mostly kidding, but @geanes and another member that used a mobile mechanic recently had racks replaced and had...trouble.)
Yes, I will be finishing up some more base lining before alignment. I have transmission drain and fill and front diff to do as well. I'll probably be doing a coolant flush as well, need another jug of Toyota coolant though. Getting soooo close. It's been a good year, nearly done getting her squared away.

I know you were looking for better clearance but did the resonator delete improve the exhaust note at all?
it's hard to tell. i can notice it at idle. but can't hear the difference while driving at any speed. there is more of a vibe at idle too which i think is possibly due to the lack of hangers in the back right now. wife says she hears a "bass". maybe that's it. if you're into that sorta thing you'll probably like it.

Check your coolant!

(I'm mostly kidding, but @geanes and another member that used a mobile mechanic recently had racks replaced and had...trouble.)
it appears to be all over the ground in that pic:eek:

Finally got new tires. I was waiting for the Michelin duelers the p/o put on to wear out but after 3 years and 40k miles they still had plenty of meat left on em. Cooper at3 xlt 275/70/18, waiting on 2865 springs and new oem shocks then I'll crank the t-bars a bit.
20200505_163625.jpg

If you don't want to yank that off on the trail you can get one of these.

View attachment 2296316
Can you please provide some information on that bracket? That looks like a good option for me to install before o tear off another socket. Or at least to install when I install the next socket after I tear off the current one. 🤣

Can you please provide some information on that bracket? That looks like a good option for me to install before o tear off another socket. Or at least to install when I install the next socket after I tear off the current one. 🤣
Amazon special - Amazon product ASIN B001GKHGDM

I'm super stoked, my 2-tone project that I started before HIH7 (yes, 3 years ago) is finally, today, DONE with the sides. This is a 3M vinyl wrap, sides and hood. Rear bumper is in the back waiting for some mods, and then it and the front go to powder in the same color as the sliders and I will have my 2-tone rig!

vinyl done.jpg

Mmmmm, well maybe the grill needs to go from chrome to match SharkNet now that I look at it... ok THEN it will be done! ;)

Color is the 1080 G211 Charcoal Metallic on the Champagne Pearl, if anyone's interested.

Finally got new tires. I was waiting for the Michelin duelers the p/o put on to wear out but after 3 years and 40k miles they still had plenty of meat left on em. Cooper at3 xlt 275/70/18, waiting on 2865 springs and new oem shocks then I'll crank the t-bars a bit.View attachment 2296557
Best riding lift option there is. You’re gonna love it.

Fun times. This is only the second time the old girl let me down. (The first may have been my fault).
3DEABAEF-269E-48C4-A096-F4BBCF4457F8.jpeg
Went to start the truck and the key just freely spun from one end to the other. Thought it was the key cylinder.
Nope. The good news is I don’t have to redo all the keys.

In these uncertain times, the only true certainty is that I do not need another 100.

I convinced my ex-husband, back in 2012, to buy a gray 2002. I loved it so much I sold my 5th Gen 4Runner to get one for myself because he didn't want me driving his, and bought my 2007 in 2015.

This morning I bought his 2002.

Needs lots of love and attention. I'm very happy my husband, @Onur , supported this purchase and has already ordered tons of parts for it.

His only caveat is this: if things get rough financially, this one is first on the chopping block. 😅

IMG_20200506_173416.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom