Chasing the Elusive 100 Series Rear Wind Deflector (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the search is on, I have seen expensive used rear wind deflectors asking price of $450-$600 and cannot swallow that for the protection they offer to dust. One was available at $225+ shipping but banking on a better deal to come out I skipped out to my regret.

Instead of waiting around for a part out, or lucky enough to snag from the random classifieds posting lets work together to get these AUSSIE ones.

Thankfully our Australia cruisers Bro's have many options available, we just need to find a way to have them imported.

I'm currently asking Airplex if they ship to USA, and maybe we can entice them with a large order?

Rear Deflector - Dark Tint - Airplex Auto Accessories

lots of ebay sellers we can also try to convice:
Rear Dust & Wind Deflector Plastic Toyota 100 Series L/cruiser (lift up door) | eBay

There is also Genuine OEM toyota rear wind deflectors available for so cheap on Australia Ebay but they do not ship to USA, do you guys know any Aussie friends to help us out and ship these to us? Just not sure how it looks installed. I have through my job Australian contacts who I'm going to ask if they are willing to send me one, but going to be a weird convo lol! At $50 USD + shipping, this seems like a great option!

NEW GENUINE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 100 SERIES REAR DUST GUARD TINTED 1/1998 - 9/2007 | eBay

Last edited:
Are you sure the seller won't ship to USA? I've ordered from a parts yard and they were happy to accommodate.

Are you sure the seller won't ship to USA? I've ordered from a parts yard and they were happy to accommodate.

The OEM toyota is from a toyota dealership in Australia, and I read no shipment to USA. I will ask them though ebay and report back.

Also another indicator is that they have their ad setup as no international shipments which is why it doesn't appear in our US Ebay.

Are you looking for just a replacement wing or a complete one with the legs too? I have a wing only from a 2002 available.....

Maybe it’s just me but the Airplex looks cheap and flimsy, and if you look close it has metal brackets that wrap around the lift gate. See pic.
DEFCB1BB-E829-429E-98EE-C9A7BB4D01C3.png

I finally scored a used factory wind deflector, not whale tail, after looking for over a year (thanks Kmonty66).

Maybe it’s just me but the Airplex looks cheap and flimsy, and if you look close it has metal brackets that wrap around the lift gate. See pic.View attachment 1855364
I finally scored a used factory wind deflector, not whale tail, after looking for over a year (thanks Kmonty66).

good catch i didn't notice

i might just have to be patient

I have one sitting in a spare room that im not putting back on. 2000 Land Cruiser. One of the mounting tabs is broken off but I have the piece just needs to be epoxied.

I tried to buy one these from a dealer in New Town Australia. The will not ship to the US for whatever reason.

I then talked to some guys on the Australia FJ forums. The part is cheap but shipping is really expensive so I gave up.

I tried to buy one these from a dealer in New Town Australia. The will not ship to the US for whatever reason.

I then talked to some guys on the Australia FJ forums. The part is cheap but shipping is really expensive so I gave up.

I forgot add that I tried other countries that stock the part. I can’t read German or other languages so another dead end.

yes he ships to USA but the mounting points aren't permanent and pretty much just hangs on with metal clips. Looks like he only has one piece so may be the only airplex that's possible to get in unless he gets more in.

The Airplex company wants 10 piece minimum to ship to USA.

Still looks decent but i got lucky this thread created some opportunity where members have offered up their oem deflectors.

Pruchased from @ZetheGSD .

Now the chase is over :):)

Amazon has a rear spoiler for $150 with free shipping. It comes primed for paint. Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom