What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Starting the LRA 40 gallon tank install. Gah, I hate the smell of fuel.

Stock tank slides out under the frame of my slightly lifted rig.
View attachment 2207940

Stock fuel pump assembly about to be ruthlessly hacked up
View attachment 2207943

Fuel pump bracket, float arm, fuel pump wiring and fuel return hose extended; plus a new Denso fuel pump and sock.
View attachment 2207945
Thanks for sharing the pics. Please let us know how the rest of the install goes and how far below the frame does the big tank hang.

Starting the LRA 40 gallon tank install. Gah, I hate the smell of fuel.

Stock tank slides out under the frame of my slightly lifted rig.

Stock fuel pump assembly about to be ruthlessly hacked up

Fuel pump bracket, float arm, fuel pump wiring and fuel return hose extended; plus a new Denso fuel pump and sock.

Defintetly curious how low this new 40 gal hangs down. Does it have any protection?

New sticker added. Horsepower and off road ability is noticeably better

017C989E-8A6C-4F94-BBF1-2FDBB354719A.jpeg

9F82B4B9-3180-47F4-94FA-AD0287F8312F.jpeg

Defintetly curious how low this new 40 gal hangs down. Does it have any protection?
There is no skid for this tank, but the tank itself is pretty robust. Barring any problems, I hope to have it hung this evening.

I spent some time Sunday organizing my drawers to achieve a better flow when out camping.

Organization makes me happy, and helps at camp so you know where everything is.

IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg
IMG_1875.jpg
IMG_1880.jpg

For those curious whats in the drawers here's a list I made for someone else on another site asking me what all's in there:

So in the right hand drawer I have vehicle based stuff, starting from the front of that drawer

• I have the blue tarp with a small bungee,
  • a CRKT fixed blade knife,
  • viair compressor,
  • a small plastic bin with the blue lid which has miscellaneous things such as leather work gloves spare winter gloves, electrical tape, a small 12v inverter, towing stuff (pin, plugs, small chain extensions) flint/steel random odds and ends.
  • Toilet paper and duct tape
  • an empty GSI bag that I keep on top.
  • An LED lantern (1 of 4)
  • the red case has jumper cables, various pliers and wire cutters.
  • Then I have a rigid case from homedepot that I’ve removed the lid off, which has a 30ft 30k lbs snatch strap, a soft loop 25k tow strap, 3 Clevis shackles, and a hitch mounted recovery block.
  • Then on top of that is a soft case that has sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers of various sizes that are specific to the truck.
  • to the right of that recovery case I have an eastwing forged steel hatchet and then a smaller hatchet from the 60/70’s my grandfather gave me.
  • Then a Stanley thermos/ frenchpress and an ice scraper and funnel to fill in the gaps.
The left drawer is camp kitchen/coking.

• the steel case is the first item in that drawer it has plates, knives, utensils, cutting board salt/pepper shaker, soap, an aero press (blue bag) jet boil GSI mess kit for my pans, and Stanley pots that stack in one another.
  • behind the kitchen kit is a GSI tea kettle, two 1lbs propane canisters
  • the GSI soft bag on top of the propane canisters has fire starter stuff in it, so some cedar bark, some lint some paper napkins stuffed in there a K-bar bk11 knife, and a long nose lighter.
  • the other three LED lanterns wrapped in/around a fleece Balaclava.
  • my two burner Coleman triton stove
  • Then a soft sided first aid kit (green bag in the back)

I spent some time Sunday organizing my drawers to achieve a better flow when out camping.

Organization makes me happy, and helps at camp so you know where everything is.

View attachment 2208568View attachment 2208569View attachment 2208570View attachment 2208571

For those curious whats in the drawers here's a list I made for someone else on another site asking me what all's in there:

So in the right hand drawer I have vehicle based stuff, starting from the front of that drawer

• I have the blue tarp with a small bungee,
  • a CRKT fixed blade knife,
  • viair compressor,
  • a small plastic bin with the blue lid which has miscellaneous things such as leather work gloves spare winter gloves, electrical tape, a small 12v inverter, towing stuff (pin, plugs, small chain extensions) flint/steel random odds and ends.
  • Toilet paper and duct tape
  • an empty GSI bag that I keep on top.
  • An LED lantern (1 of 4)
  • the red case has jumper cables, various pliers and wire cutters.
  • Then I have a rigid case from homedepot that I’ve removed the lid off, which has a 30ft 30k lbs snatch strap, a soft loop 25k tow strap, 3 Clevis shackles, and a hitch mounted recovery block.
  • Then on top of that is a soft case that has sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers of various sizes that are specific to the truck.
  • to the right of that recovery case I have an eastwing forged steel hatchet and then a smaller hatchet from the 60/70’s my grandfather gave me.
  • Then a Stanley thermos/ frenchpress and an ice scraper and funnel to fill in the gaps.
The left drawer is camp kitchen/coking.

• the steel case is the first item in that drawer it has plates, knives, utensils, cutting board salt/pepper shaker, soap, an aero press (blue bag) jet boil GSI mess kit for my pans, and Stanley pots that stack in one another.
  • behind the kitchen kit is a GSI tea kettle, two 1lbs propane canisters
  • the GSI soft bag on top of the propane canisters has fire starter stuff in it, so some cedar bark, some lint some paper napkins stuffed in there a K-bar bk11 knife, and a long nose lighter.
  • the other three LED lanterns wrapped in/around a fleece Balaclava.
  • my two burner Coleman triton stove
  • Then a soft sided first aid kit (green bag in the back)
I really like your hard case for the dishware. Looks like it fits in there really nicely, too.

My drawers looked that organized the first time I used them a few weeks back. That is, until we needed recovery gear RIGHT FRICKEN NOW and the whole thing turned into a mess. I should take a page from your book and plan the organization.

I really like your hard case for the dishware. Looks like it fits in there really nicely, too.

My drawers looked that organized the first time I used them a few weeks back. That is, until we needed recovery gear RIGHT FRICKEN NOW and the whole thing turned into a mess. I should take a page from your book and plan the organization.

Thank you! That hard case was a nice find for sure, and a surprise when I opened it and saw that removable panel.

I fiddled with the layout a bunch, but the way it have it now is like this, if I need my stove (which is in the back of the left drawer) then I'll likely need my pots and pans, and I'll likely need my fuel source, so all that has to come out anyways to pull out the stove.

Figured the air will be used most when wheeling so I have that in front, the blue lid container wont need to move since I can just pop the lid and get what I need, and for the recovery gear, I can remove two items (the small black tool bag ontop of the case, and the red pliers bag) to get to the straps, clevis shackles etc...

I tried to lay it out in such a way that if I need to move something the items I need to move are associated with the item I want to remove, and if they're not, then I dont need to remove it. now, the only exception is the recovery straps, and I made a sacrifice to remove the lid of that case to give me a little more room, so the case isn't as portable, but now I can reach into the drawer grab my straps and shackles and go.

After 6 or so years...I finally talked myself into ponying up the dough to give my baby what she always deserved.

Done:
Slee front and rear bumpers
- Smitty built winch
- 4 Baja Design LEDs
Slee sliders
ARB snorkel
Heater T’s
“Fix” the pinch welds
Oil Change
Reinstalled OME heavy springs (anyone need OME light duty rear springs in Houston?)

Thursday
Mount and balance my 5 “new” 18” Tundra TRD wheels (powder coated bronze)
New OEM front pads and rotors

Soon
Front grille painted satin black
Maybe repaint then sun beaten front quarter panels

E2B69983-E1BB-4878-9F08-3487A959DDA6.jpeg

20E5B1FB-EA95-4718-9255-BCC922B8E417.jpeg

11C01EF5-4BE0-4EE1-A116-AE606A45AE38.jpeg

EF678945-8FB4-44FE-AE67-99071208864A.jpeg

After 6 or so years...I finally talked myself into ponying up the dough to give my baby what she always deserved.

Done:
Slee front and rear bumpers
- Smitty built winch
- 4 Baja Design LEDs
Slee sliders
ARB snorkel
Heater T’s
“Fix” the pinch welds
Oil Change
Reinstalled OME heavy springs (anyone need OME light duty rear springs in Houston?)

Thursday
Mount and balance my 5 “new” 18” Tundra TRD wheels (powder coated bronze)
New OEM front pads and rotors

Soon
Front grille painted satin black
Maybe repaint then sun beaten front quarter panels

View attachment 2208870

View attachment 2208871

View attachment 2208872

View attachment 2208873
Gorgeous wheels

Ugh, been there. Keep the most often used recovery gear in a duffel bag. Fits in the drawers when you're cruising around normally, and you can pull the bag out and put it somewhere much easier to access when offroading. Plus the bag is easier to clean than the drawers.

Ugh, been there. Keep the most often used recovery gear in a duffel bag. Fits in the drawers when you're cruising around normally, and you can pull the bag out and put it somewhere much easier to access when offroading. Plus the bag is easier to clean than the drawers.
I did the same. Left the drawers to tools and gear. I put all of my straps, shackles etc in a rigid pro box.
with a pro organizer on top of it holding air compressor and tire accessorizes.

Well, took the LC to the exhaust shop after stripping the upper O2 sensor. I couldn’t get any bite on a thread chaser so figured they might have some luck or they could weld in a new bung without pulling the manifold.. 1 hour later no luck.. towed it back home and proceeded to removed the passenger side manifold. Wasn’t too difficult, just had to get the right angle of the dangle.. got it pulled then proceeded to replacing spark plugs and coils (had cylinders 2 & 3 misfiring so decided to replace all of them at once) started on the passenger side. Cylinders 2/4 piece of cake, no issues, coil packs looked good, sparks had a larger than normal gap.. proceeded to cylinder 6 and found this:
1581530616252.jpeg

1581530642964.jpeg

looks like it’s time for a valve cover removal and new gaskets.. hooray!

00’ with ~307kmiles

OEM front rotors and pads, repacked bearings, took about 6 hours. The last photo shows the real reason I have the ARB bumper. :beer:
0gWrmpiXSMek+8wdCRwWXg.jpg
ZIYIuCw6ROCF7QHnA2ZADw.jpg
TSVLsnabR3qHNwEIRNdFcA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom