What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

98 with 260k
My EFI/ECU fuse holder finally melted - I have had replace or clean the fuse once or twice a year for several years, now completely shot. Kept it running for a day using a jumper from battery to “f” terminal, until buying fuse holder and terminals. Had to find separate source (always hot) - used open fuse (Rated 20A) source. Relay tucks in nicely (relay extensions and one to new power source).

Details of issue/fix on “my immobilizer fix” thread here. Problem is slight resistance in fuse box, which triggers immobilizer to ‘immobilize’ vehicle. Resistance>heat, and fuse holder or fuse melts. ( I stuck a blue fuse in damaged holder, below white wires)
7F0C50DF-9737-4A77-AF98-53EED522FC90.jpeg

ALSO this site sucks on an iPad. Variable size google adds keep pushing text up and down

98 with 260k
My EFI/ECU fuse holder finally melted - I have had replace or clean the fuse once or twice a year for several years, now completely shot. Kept it running for a day using a jumper from battery to “f” terminal, until buying fuse holder and terminals. Had to find separate source (always hot) - used open fuse (Rated 20A) source. Relay tucks in nicely (relay extensions and one to new power source).

Details of issue/fix on “my immobilizer fix” thread here. Problem is slight resistance in fuse box, which triggers immobilizer to ‘immobilize’ vehicle. Resistance>heat, and fuse holder or fuse melts. ( I stuck a blue fuse in damaged holder, below white wires)
View attachment 2075733

ALSO this site sucks on an iPad. Variable size google adds keep pushing text up and down
Agreed- this site is unusable on an iPad. Drives you crazy.

po previous owner had a back up device that beeps , displays numbers, displays 4 orange circles one for each sensor? when placing in reverse and also the circle sensors in rear bumper. the back up camera and display work
20190905_081037.jpg
20190905_080831.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get some 1.25” spacers and an OME lift kit but am nervous about changing the engineered geometries of the components affected by such modifications.

I would love to get some 1.25” spacers and an OME lift kit but am nervous about changing the engineered geometries of the components affected by such modifications.

The only thing I have noticed is slightly more stability cornering, well and it looks cooler. I run OEM suspension for the record and have no intention of changing that. I can't say about the long term affects on components, but after having used good quality spacers on several Yotas, I'm not hesitant to run them.

Sold!

Edit: A mechanical engineer broke it down for me after work today and I’m convinced and happy to not lift or add spacers to my LC. Stock all the way for me! A white roof is where I’ll stop for now :)

Last edited:
^^^ I've also been using similar prefabbed pieces on the (3) rear windows with great results. Plus, food in my dry box like bread hasn't gotten destroyed in the back.

Sold!

Edit: A mechanical engineer broke it down for me after work today and I’m convinced and happy to not lift or add spacers to my LC. Stock all the way for me! A white roof is where I’ll stop for now :)

You’re boring.

Bro-in law bought a cheeeeeeaap non running 100 in Scottsdale. It was advertised as needing a tow due to unknown circumstances. (Older woman who I believe was going to assisted living and her kids were selling it). Pushed it out of the garage (in park). Jumped and fired right up after sifting over 2 years. Took the transfer case out of neutral and drove away. 😂
Did some fluids last night, put an OEM rack in it (never again!!) and replaced a bunch of bulbs. He’s been driving it every day.

E8D5583A-3288-4446-A7E1-E27A6679F5A8.jpeg

73F9072F-A291-4EC7-8AED-DC16FC5D50E6.jpeg

16E90E88-9397-47D9-B11E-9F68DD829562.jpeg

64F5582C-85F2-4AD3-B191-D2F09B24A4FE.jpeg

Bro-in law bought a cheeeeeeaap non running 100 in Scottsdale. It was advertised as needing a tow due to unknown circumstances. (Older woman who I believe was going to assisted living and her kids were selling it). Pushed it out of the garage (in park). Jumped and fired right up after sifting over 2 years. Took the transfer case out of neutral and drove away. 😂
Did some fluids last night, put an OEM rack in it (never again!!) and replaced a bunch of bulbs. He’s been driving it every day.

View attachment 2076767

View attachment 2076768

View attachment 2076769

View attachment 2076770
might be a dumb questions, but what is it that you cleaned that had all the debris in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom