What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday we paddled Pamlico Sound and found a stargazer skeleton and a federal bird band that we learned belonged to a brown pelican banded in 1995.
IMG_20190813_184745707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190813_184649663.jpg

IMG_20190813_194819615.jpg

IMG_20190813_213616287.jpg

Takes a bit of work to get the second kayak mounted since it's 17' and the truck is so tall, but we manage.
IMG_20190814_190313009.jpg

Today, I changed my diff and transfer case fluids with 75w-90 Valvoline Synthetic. Looked like the previous owner/tech used copper washers for the diff plugs vice the steel crush washers. Fluid was in fair condition, but I did notice that the rear had some green fluid trickling out as it emptied out...old fluid floating on top maybe? Also test drove it finally since I re-booting my axle...held up perfect.

After around 2.5 years of ownership, I’m getting very close to “baselining” everything mechanical. The only things left that are in need of replacement are front and rear swaybar bushings and possibly the upper control arms. Other than that, everything is mechanically sound...thanks to the knowledge gained from this forum.

After HIH9 and two more weeks on the trail, my engine bay was pretty dusty & dirty (as was the entire truck). Gave The engine bay some love:

Before:
5FBEF7B8-8256-48C6-BA5E-CCE2DCAC56C6.jpeg

After
A4256A64-435E-475F-B5DD-F50B7647AF96.jpeg

I need to do this to mine. Looks great. What was your process?
Remove airbox & resonator and plug the intake, plug exposed vacuum hoses/lines and bag/waterproof MAF connector. Sticky cling wrap over idler & tensioner pulleys to protect bearings and top of alternator, (didn't remove accessory belt but probably should have.) Using a 50/50 mix of Mr. Clean and water in a 1 gallon pump sprayer I coated the engine bay, exterior surfaces of condenser, radiator and oil cooler. Mr. Clean works great to shed dirt & grease and leaves a little shine behind. Lightest setting on pressure washer with 2ft distance from objects worked pretty well. Followed with a very light coat of silicone on exterior electrical connectors and surfaces ( have a little attachment for silicone spray that creates a light fog instead of heavy spray).

And this happened yesterday.....

A6F522E3-895A-43BE-B38B-9B1FED4614D3.jpeg

Looks awesome!! Welcome to the 200 club, I hit that mark the weekend after HIH9
Thx-
Lets make a point to do some camping before next July. Ya'll welcome to head over to North GA and run some of the GA Tarverse, or maybe head down to St. George Island in FL panhandle

filled it up, washed it
removed rattling heat shields from cats,
washed it
ordered ome 2.5 lift with ironman shocks and slee diff drop
replaced front and rear sway bar bushings
washed it a third time
replaced steering column bolts and bushings that caused my steering wheel to be "loose"

Last edited:
I'm approaching 123,456 miles i need to keep an eye on it. Can't miss the opportunity

Pulled my front drive shaft yesterday to have the U-joints replaced and the shaft high-speed balanced. I picked it up from the shop today and will reinstall over the weekend. If you're in the metro ATL area and need a shop, I've been really happy with Drive Shaft Services off of Cobb Pkwy in Marietta.

Burped the radiator again today and found a small amount of air. Not much, but glad it's more full now.

It's fun driving the LX in RWD. Lock the CDL and enjoy the very slight extra snappiness the truck has.

Pulled my front drive shaft yesterday to have the U-joints replaced and the shaft high-speed balanced. I picked it up from the shop today and will reinstall over the weekend. If you're in the metro ATL area and need a shop, I've been really happy with Drive Shaft Services off of Cobb Pkwy in Marietta.

Burped the radiator again today and found a small amount of air. Not much, but glad it's more full now.

It's fun driving the LX in RWD. Lock the CDL and enjoy the very slight extra snappiness the truck has.
you are driving around your lx in rwd? wat

Lubed slips and u joints... they were dry!! Guessing I should have done that sooner than every 100,000 miles. Oops.

What interval do you guys lube them at?

Lubed slips and u joints... they were dry!! Guessing I should have done that sooner than every 100,000 miles. Oops.

Honestly its so easy and takes so little time, I'm starting to do it every oil change. Same with drain and fill on the transmission (4qts).

Every oil change at 5k miles.

Or after every trail day. I make a point to wipe off as much excess as possible to keep everything from getting grimey.

Excellent — thanks for chiming in folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom