What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Beams37, that is a fairly juicy tire. May be what it is. Suppose you can play with the spacing on the mod a bit, but most folks are not running tires that big, so the adjustement/mod shows significant improvement. I run skinny tires 255/85-- 1.6" thinner than yours and a 33 vs 34. Still nice to have the cargo space back for ya. All the folks you see with tires on roof's, just silly. Can't lower these huge tires safely w/o a boom.

Yeah. It's meaty. Wasn't expecting it to disappear, but wanted people doing the mod to know what they were getting into.

That is not a glacier, but a snow drift.

Common practice is that if you can't get through it on the path of the road you turn around. What you did was not only dangerous, but very much against everything tread lightly. I hope you learned both lessons. I woulds suggest you read up at Home - Tread Lightly! about the do's and don'ts on trail riding. You are much safer trying to get out the way you came in.

Why could your buddy not have winched you up the steep hill you came in on. Or if it was so steep have one person hang back to make sure the trail is passable. You need to read up on high altitude tundra landscape and the realize the impact your actions had on that environment.
THANK YOOUUUUUU CHRISTO! People need to understand as well, the behavior they promote by posting their "wow, look at what I did" moments. This inevitably will impact the environment (alpine tundra-as there are warnings everywhere about the impact even walking in certain areas have on the terrain) and promote others to say "oh well, others have done it, what can it hurt". Education will ensure these areas stay pristine and remain "ours" to enjoy. I'm sure he regrets it, but these posts are not meant to bash him/her, but to hopefully put awareness out there for the future.

I'd take down those photos. The authorities have no sense of humor for off trail excursions.

is it a true Cat or a delete?

It appears to be a full delete. Header sensor was already plugged and being 2000 no post cat sensors. Whether Lexus did this off the sales floor or previous owner i will never know

Common practice is that if you can't get through it on the path of the road you turn around. What you did was not only dangerous, but very much against everything tread lightly. I hope you learned both lessons. I woulds suggest you read up at Home - Tread Lightly! about the do's and don'ts on trail riding. You are much safer trying to get out the way you came in.

Why could your buddy not have winched you up the steep hill you came in on. Or if it was so steep have one person hang back to make sure the trail is passable. You need to read up on high altitude tundra landscape and the realize the impact your actions had on that environment.

exactly! :cheers: Thank you exactly what I was trying to say.

Slow Clap.

Visited Cerro Gordo

505.JPG

Washed it yesterday and got a bunch of wax out of door jam crevasses, gas door, door trim, etc. Found a bunch of scratches and spent some time buffing them out and applying a fresh coat of wax. Just because it's an overland rig doesn't mean it's gotta be filthy!

IMG-2750.jpg

Replaced the PCV
95E02139-F3A8-48C1-A749-0535F0225E76.jpeg

Freon pressure was low so topped up with freon from walmart.

Took out the MAF sensor and sprayed it clean with carb cleaner.

Sprayed the intake throttle body with carb cleaner and wiped off those carbon deposits.

Previous owner got a little overzealous with bump stops. I know, given the condition of the already deteriorated bumper this is like curing a cancer patient with a cold but I do what I can with what I have for now lol.

(This is an example of paint transfer)

Passenger side before:
IMG-2735.jpg

Passenger side after:
IMG-2736.jpg

Driver side before:
IMG-2732.jpg

Driver side after:
IMG-2734.jpg
Nice what was the fix ? Compound/polish? Paint?

Nice what was the fix ? Compound/polish? Paint?
I used some very fine sandpaper and water to get the paint transfer off. WD40 and Magic Eraser trick didn't work... at all. That left some scuffing on the paint so I used some polish and then sealed with wax.

Spent some time for me today and to get laser and machining files cleaned up and off the to-do list and all the cluster of papers and notes off my desk...

ELE ELE will get a set of these to replace the worn out stockers in 2 weeks once they come off the mill. Also a new set of my new CrMo turnbuckle RUCAs.

7075 Aluminum RLCAs will get a stop shim washer at the Currie Johnny Joint and a cross drilled sleeved poly bushing set on the other end.

Teaser pic--------------

7075 RLCA TT.jpg

Testing a new sleeping position in the back. the duffle bags are for lumbar support

vxekO5V.jpg
Ha, say what you want. I've found them to be quite comfortable at times over the years!

Hello everyone,

I am a noob as well in this forum. I just bought a 98 Landcruisers with 268k miles on it. So this week all I did to her was tune up, change the hood dampers cause they are dead, change the tailgate cables as one of them snapped, ceramic tint on the windows, buying the 16 inch tires today with ko2s on em. I love it so far. gonna make her my off-road/ overland rig.

Hello everyone,

I am a noob as well in this forum. I just bought a 98 Landcruisers with 268k miles on it. So this week all I did to her was tune up, change the hood dampers cause they are dead, change the tailgate cables as one of them snapped, ceramic tint on the windows, buying the 16 inch tires today with ko2s on em. I love it so far. gonna make her my off-road/ overland rig.

Right on. Pics or it didn't happen :flipoff2:

Hello everyone,

Look at your heater tees at the back of the engine and also your front axle boots. As well as oil leaks from valve cover gaskets. Also check your radiator for replacement, If it hasn't been replaced, replace it!

Hello everyone,

What size tires you going with? I just bought mine last week and it desperately needed new tires so I went with KO2 265/75R16. They were $188 a tire at discount tire, any other size remotely near there smaller or bigger was about $250 a tire.

Look at your heater tees at the back of the engine and also your front axle boots. As well as oil leaks from valve cover gaskets. Also check your radiator for replacement, If it hasn't been replaced, replace it!
Great advice, glad I bought mine with a new radiator and new heater T's. I'll need to do with valve cover gasket though, both sides are leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom