What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (89 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Valve Cover Gasket
Passenger side valve cover gasket had the worst leakage of the two. Only replaced that side and snugged the bolts on the driver side. The only signs of the leaking gasket was low oil pressure at idle and burned oil smell while driving. I noticed it leaking about 10,000 miles ago. It took me about 1 hour per side

Looks like a coolant leak too.
611F9772-FC56-43DA-8524-4CD36ADDB8EC.jpeg
2F986545-10D0-4ECD-863B-D06C2FB5C034.jpeg

Busy weekend and everything took longer than it should've but, the Cruiser is ready to grind on.

- Changed oil, air filter, and greased my driveshafts.
- Installed worm drive clamps from McMaster-Carr to reseal the outer side of my inner CV boots which started to spit grease.
- Replaced the door lock assembly on the driver's door to cure my no lock in warm weather situation.
- My parking brake started sticking, so replaced the driver's side bellcrank and bellcrank holder, disassembled the passenger side bellcrank and cleaned and lubed it up.

The seized up driver's side bellcrank.

2.JPG

Thursday was the Slee Installed Suspension Kit:
OME 2860 Rear Coil Springs
Old Man Emu 60000 Shocks
Old Man Emu 60002 Shocks
Old Man Emu Torsion Bars
Slee Diff Drop Kit
Upper Conntrol Arms

IMG_1992.jpg

Also freshened up the front end with CV Shaft/Axles, Seals, Drive Flanges, and Sway Bar Bushings. Drives so Solid Now! The service at Slee was Excellent! By the way they have Specialized E bikes for use while your rig is being worked on! Table Mountain is across the road and a short cruise into Golden provides lunch and a brewery tour.

Got home from Colorado to a giant box on the porch so todays addition was the Trail Tailor Creeper Skid Plate
IMG_1997.jpg

Jason has done a fantastic job with this plate! Perfect fitment, Great design, so impressed with the quality of work.

It is finally spring. 🤞
IMG_20190330_182037355_HDR.jpg

@beno met me at the launch to grab a spring-weather, water-front drink after a couple hours on the Hudson. It might not have roll-up windows, but my 100 can accommodate my 17+ ft. boat.
IMG_20190330_170528859_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190330_164936855_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190330_163546504.jpg

I brought her home...sold both of my cruisers a month ago and thought about moving to a 200, but i just can't. Just too big and bubbly.

So i bought another 100

46782637234_0e47a10be5_b.jpg

Installed white knuckle sliders and removed the roof rack.

View attachment 1940745

How long did you have to wait for those sliders? I want a pair but i have a trip to moab in less than 30 days i'm not sure if i order now i'll have it in time. Also how did you get the one without the little flare in the back? I prefer this style over the other one, website only show the flared out ones.

How long did you have to wait for those sliders? I want a pair but i have a trip to moab in less than 30 days i'm not sure if i order now i'll have it in time. Also how did you get the one without the little flare in the back? I prefer this style over the other one, website only show the flared out ones.
I think those do have the kick out, just from the angle it looks straight. Check out the reflection on the side of the truck it sort of shows the kick out.

Finished up the arb lockers with 4.88's after detonating my front ring gear. Anxiously awaiting gear break in, at least I have an excuse to drive around aimlessly.

That uneasy feeling of drilling holes threw your housing..
IMG_20190323_143108.jpg

Air line routing, little extra slack but was happy with the patterns didn't want to do it all over again.
IMG_20190327_163537.jpg

Final backlash check
IMG_20190323_121520.jpg

Since my 100 is an 04, the easy accessory relay bypass isn’t an option, so a friend with lots of expertise designed the a slick (possibly over engineered) solution for charging accessories with the ignition off.
Blue sea circuit breaker, blue sea fuse block, two relays, and a ch4x4 switch....
Accessories are on when ignition is on. With ignition off, usb and 12v ports in the dash can be activated by the switch for charging a phone or such while camping without turning in all accessories or idling the truck.
Possibly a complicated answer to a simple question (could’ve just run straight unswitched power to the accessories in the dash from the fuse block) but avoids having the constant parasitic drain of the usb port’s transformer always running....

AF2E4032-AB9F-4B8A-AAA9-D23CCAB4E42C.jpeg

90CD5496-3BFE-421F-8800-B53D5535972D.jpeg

B2E6007C-39BF-4728-9B44-AFBA3B209EC3.jpeg

32300471-F3E1-42DF-AE43-7C218502DAC7.jpeg

Installed my ARB compressor. The compressor itself is awesome, the wiring was less than stellar. But I got most of it in shielding and more organized.

2000 LX470 - Karma - Build

IMG_9792.JPG

Removed the heater blower under the driver seat and cleaned up, installed sound deadener. The landcruiser has so much of the stuff from the factory, so I’m not sure how big of a difference it will make on the floor.

So did it make any difference in sound? Put some in mine in 3rd row, and door skins and I didn't really think there was a difference. Also heard you don't need 100% coverage and even 50% coverage will do.

I placed the order on 1/31 and they emailed me that my order was finished on 3/6. They say that the standard lead time is 4-6 weeks.

Also, they are the one with the kick-out, the angle is deceiving. I'll attach another pic. The kick out is actually pretty useful as a larger step for the rear door, since there is less "foot-space" than the front doors (second and third picture).

MVIMG_20190331_094012.jpg
MVIMG_20190331_094030.jpg
MVIMG_20190331_094109.jpg

So did it make any difference in sound? Put some in mine in 3rd row, and door skins and I didn't really think there was a difference. Also heard you don't need 100% coverage and even 50% coverage will do.
Being honest I don’t think it did.
Butyl sheets don’t actually reduce sound, but they change the resonance frequency of the sheet metal of the vehicle by adding mass, so that the metal doesn’t vibrate.
To reduce noise, you need Mass loaded vinyl, which absorbs sound waves. I think if I did a layer of that in the whole truck it would be quieter.

The oem butyl sheets in the vehicle are really thick, thicker than any kind of sheet product you could buy online, so I wasn’t going to see any vast improvement. 50% coverage applies to the thickest butyl tikes you can buy, thicker than the sheet stuff I used. I think some in the doors is going to make the biggest difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom