What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Washed, De-badged and added a few HP's

image.jpg

image.jpg

Built a sleep platform for an upcoming four day cruise through the Ozarks.

032517_sleep_platform.jpg

View attachment 1427065 Christmas in March has arrived. WKOR sliders with full top plate. They made them at a 10 degree angle for a better step. Skipping the gym this morning and headed to the hardware store for some primer. Still debating but I'm 99% sure I'm going to paint them "anthracite" color to match my wheels. Any thoughts?
lets see how they look!

The big box truck dropped this of today...I THOUGHT about doing it! Plan to install some 865's and these items next week!

20170325_124554.jpg

TourFlex with 53mm fronts and 45mm rears

View attachment 1428123

w/ 53mm fronts and 41mm rears

View attachment 1428124

Are you installing or advertising? Just curious because I'm running the first pic on my LX. I'ts taken me a long time to fine tune it as the adjustment dials on the 9 stage adjustables have zero feedback or indication of when you have gone to another stage. After lots of driving around i've found the most suitable setting to be as close as I can make out 2.5 notches firmer from the softest setting.

Ideally my Big Bore 50mm's at the front will ride better when I have a Sahara bar fitted. All in all though, i've been very happy with it and they are a very popular choice here in Aus - Tough Dog-.

Are you running it on your rig?

Are you installing or advertising? Just curious because I'm running the first pic on my LX. I'ts taken me a long time to fine tune it as the adjustment dials on the 9 stage adjustables have zero feedback or indication of when you have gone to another stage. After lots of driving around i've found the most suitable setting to be as close as I can make out 2.5 notches firmer from the softest setting.

Ideally my Big Bore 50mm's at the front will ride better when I have a Sahara bar fitted. All in all though, i've been very happy with it and they are a very popular choice here in Aus - Tough Dog-.

Are you running it on your rig?

M,

I'm the main US distributor for TD. I've installed several on customers rigs and my personal rigs alike. The dial works from the 12 o'clock position clockwise to 12 o'clock and then BACK, not continuous clockwise back to 1, 2, 3..... If you look at the dial there will be small dashes and large dashes. The large dash when first installed should be straight up and down in the 12 and 6 o'clock position, this is stage 1 it is the softest. First clockwise stage is 2, then 3, 4, etc.. the larger the number the stiffer the shock becomes. I run my 100 for the most part in 5, offroad 2-3, highway 7-8

Each stage doesn't actually physically "click" into a stage. Its more like a gate/petcock valve. Progressively increasing or decreasing the oil that passes through the valve of your chosen setting.

Hope this makes sense to you.

J

EDIT- TD guide

IMG_20170325_210436292.jpg

Last edited:
Tuat
M,

I'm the main US distributor for TD. I've installed several on customers rigs and my personal rigs alike. The dial works from the 12 o'clock position clockwise to 12 o'clock and then BACK, not continuous clockwise back to 1, 2, 3..... If you look at the dial there will be small dashes and large dashes. The large dash when first installed should be straight up and down in the 12 and 6 o'clock position, this is stage 1 it is the softest. First clockwise stage is 2, then 3, 4, etc.. the larger the number the stiffer the shock becomes. I run my 100 for the most part in 5, offroad 2-3, highway 7-8

Each stage doesn't actually physically "click" into a stage. Its more like a gate/petcock valve. Progressively increasing or decreasing the oil that passes through the valve of your chosen setting.

J

EDIT- TD guide

View attachment 1428390[/QUOT
M,

J

EDIT- TD guide

View attachment 1428390

That does help, Thankyou v. Much mate.

I went to the factory as it's about 3 hours from my home. Quality operation.

What is your personal favourite setting for a
M,

J

EDIT- TD guide

View attachment 1428390

What would be your personal favourite setting for a nice highway ride whilst still being able to corner well enough and without harsh impacts?

Thanks again mate!

Tore my door panels off and replaced some blown speakers in the front.

Both sides looked like this:
51191442561__8ACEEEA6-8AD4-48F7-9FF1-AA308D6FC8E6.JPG

Replaced with:

IMG_3906.JPG

51197932063__27335C4E-ED10-4662-9ADC-89951F1D10AE.JPG

Had to modify the holes a little bit to fit but it was pretty cake install to say the least. They sound 100x better.

+1 I would like to know as well. Is it common for people to replace these with brass ones?

TEES were from Home Depot Plumbing section. 5/8" I think? Some people think brass might corrode. I'm not worried one bit about it. It will outlive me. Now that I think about it, they might have been 1/2". Which is a bit smaller but the hose clamps seal them up nicely. Haven't had a drop of coolant leak.

Is that plastidip?
Yes it is. Went on great. Probably 6-7 layers plus 2-3 layers of their "Glossifier" product. We'll see how it holds up on the trail.

IMG_2077.JPG
I just picked up my LX from getting the alignment done. My buddy and I installed 30mm rear coil spacers, cranked the torsion bars, raised the ahc sensors, and installed the slee diff drop. I'm installing the duiser one inch body lift this week! I can't wait to put on my 285/75r18 nittos!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom