What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my BT45 yesterday.

Went pretty well. Took me a few minutes to find a god place for it but it fits perfectly next to the driver's side vent. Easy access for USB, aux, and mic cables.

I was disappointed by this factory rat's nest. Didn't expect that in a Cruiser or anything from Toyota really.

Put the mic centered on the column

Replaced the cigarette lighter with a USB and aux port. Fits like it was made for it.

Made some front and rear extended sway bar links.

J

IMG_20170521_102610614.jpg
IMG_20170521_113117280.jpg

IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG

Swapped back the stock headlights, my black depos started the get moisture inside.

Also, have these ARB fogs, less than 1 year of use if anyone wants them PM me.

Installed OME 60000 and 60002 Nitros, OME torsion bars, and OME 2860 springs (2.5" med). Still need to yank the pump assembly, actuators, accumulator, etc. I'll take it in for an alignment once the Nitro UCAs and diff drop are installed.

dside.jpg
front.jpg
pside.jpg

I did the most embarrassing mod I've ever done, on any vehicle, in all my life...

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.12.44 PM.png

And on a better note, Central Oregon Land Cruisers (CENTRAL OREGON LANDCRUISERS) organized a huge get-together to clean up a local favorite offroad area, China Hat. Tons of great sponsors from the community (free beer and free food plus raffle prizes), several dumpsters worth of garbage collected and trucked away, 3 vehicles towed off, and a great group of people from Gus to Jeremy to Dillon to (sorry I am lousy with names and got there late so am forgetting many!) basically a bunch of people all came together to make it possible:

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.14.13 PM.png

I'm very thankful to have been a part of it and look forward to an even bigger turnout next year! (tho hopefully folks don't litter as much so we have less to do...)

How was the process removing the AHC shocks/TBs/etc? Any tips/tricks?

Springs, torsion bars, and front shocks were all ridiculously easy to remove and replace. The upper shock mounts in the rear were a PITA. There's a bracket where the AHC line goes into the top of the shock, with 2x 12mm bolts holding it. The rear bolt is easy to get off, but in true Toyota fashion, the forward bolt was basically impossible for me to get to from anywhere underneath the truck- especially on the passenger side. After cussing at that bolt for more time than I care to admit, I opted to do the "hole-over-the-mount mod". To be honest, my only regret about it is not doing it a couple nights earlier, especially since the AHC bracket on the upper mount makes it really hard to get a wrench on the 22mm nut from underneath the truck. I stole this pic from someone else off here, just to give you a visual. The 2 12mm bolts that hold the AHC line go into that bracket that hides 2/3 of the 22mm nut.

ahc rear upper.jpg

flushed my power steering fluid - used the hose technique listed here. Worked fine - the old fluid was not as bad as I thought. I decided that my jack stands are too small to be comfortable - their weight capacity is OK, but they just barely reach the height once the car tire is lifted. They look too extended. Any suggestions are welcome.

flushed my power steering fluid - used the hose technique listed here. Worked fine - the old fluid was not as bad as I thought. I decided that my jack stands are too small to be comfortable - their weight capacity is OK, but they just barely reach the height once the car tire is lifted. They look too extended. Any suggestions are welcome.

Elevate the jack stands? I put a bunch of stacked 2 by 6's under my stands...

Replaced the hood gas struts and both valve cover gaskets.

There is a bit of Mongolia/South America/Russia dirt on it and it seems to have corroded the metal a bit. Any way of cleaning it up really nice?

CwaObOn.jpg

Hopefully this image shows up. I want to do something similar to this for both front and rear flaps. Just need to find a candidate material that is flexible enough to roll, but sturdy enough to not flap around in the wind when extended. The JAOS flaps fit the bill, but are absurdly (prohibitively) expensive ($500 for 4)

evo%20m%20rear%20mudflaps%20rolled.jpg
Awesome car, I used to own one when I lived in Italy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom