What have I done.....81 FJ60 aka Tetanus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did my floorpans, top and bottom, with about a quart of POR-15 “primer” and then POR-15 top coat. They were pretty darn rusty.

And whoa, you’re now considering a motor swap too?

🍿in hand, subscribed!

Technically I was always thinking motor swap. I was just hoping to ride the 2F into the ground THEN replace it lol.

And where’s your lower tailgate?
Lol it's sitting next to the truck. Not sure why but it was removed and all the latches and such taken off. I've found most of it and will hopefully get it back on soon. Sadly without it on the bottom pinch weld where the weather striping attaches got really rotten. I'm sure none of you will be surprised to hear it needs body work. Very straight just the bottom is rusted out pretty bad.

@Crzywlf , first off, welcome down this rabbit hole :flipoff2: it's cool you want to include your little crzywlfs in your endeavors👍
i've said this to others, if you need inspiration, read thru, completely, the work in progress,aka, badass thread by one of our fine young ladies in here. if after reading it you doubt your ability, you've gotta turn in your man card:D

How much does a frame take? Most places want $30 a quart and I would rather not end up with a ton of extra if possible.

A quart should do the job. Can do a little bit as time permits. Did my old Dodge in about 4 sessions.

So I'm sure most people figured I got smart and sold this off but no such luck LOL I've been trying to figure out what to do about the motor and I'm still working that out. So I've ordered panels from Trail Tailor for the rear wheel arches both sides and this weekend I'm hoping to work on the tailgate. I did some very minor fixes today but felt good doing something so here are a few pics of the new hood bumpers. I replaced them all from dealership stock I also ordered some other odd's and ends that I could. If anyone is bored and wants to take some pictures on the tailgate handle. Mine was missing and I got one off ebay but can't seem to find the bushing or screw to attach it. If you are REALLY bored and want to take it off and measure the bolt I would be very grateful as I'm going to have to source something and any details I can get will be welcome.
hoodbumper.jpg
hoodbumper2.jpg

So yesterday my buddy helped me start restoring the tailgate. It wasn't the worst I've seen but it was pretty rotted at the bottom. It still needs a lot of work more welding hopefully as little bondo as possible and obviously paint. Most of the work will end in some rattle can work until it's all completely done and I can send it out to be painted. Excuse the bad photos it was dark when I got home and grabbed them.

tailgate1.jpg

tailgate2.jpg

tailgate3.jpg

tailgate4.jpg

tailgate5.jpg

tailgatebefore1.jpg

tailgatebefore2.jpg

Ok more updates my replacement panels for the wheel arches came in I'm super excited about that even though I want to get the interior rust dealt with first. I also removed all of the chrome trim on the rain gutters to clean off some rust and get ready to seam seal again. The a pillar seam is really tight how are people getting in there or was I confused and it's dirt not old seam sealer I see in there?
newfenderdrive1.jpg
newfenderpass1.jpg
newfenderpass2.jpg

Anyone seen this hitch before? I found it while cleaning out some of the interior parts and it doesn't look like the hitches I've seen before so I'm guessing a home brew.

towhitch1.jpg

Looks like the one of previous owners was a fan of SOR. Not sure what the lighthouse sticker is let me know if anyone recognizes it.

stickers1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom