What DUI do i have please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.valorbound.com
i have this distributor from performance distributors...

http://www.performancedistributors.com/toyotadui.htm

part number 80820

well today the inside shattered the spinning plastic part inside and the two arms held by springs fell off and i pretty much need to replace the inside... the problem is i dont know what to tell the auto parts store what kind of distributor or what it is found stock in???

anyone know?

Thanks!!!

call the manufacture of the dist at 901-396-5782

Thanks, yup will do on Monday, and i sent them emails too, just wasnt sure if these are stock in another vehicle and another 40 guy knows which one.

Thanks, yup will do on Monday, and i sent them emails too, just wasnt sure if these are stock in another vehicle and another 40 guy knows which one.

This is a stock GM 6 cylinder unit converted to run in the 'yota engine with a 'yota gear at the bottom.

EDIT GM HEI unit.

Go to ANY parts place, such as NAPA, or even a GM dealer and you can get parts.

You MUST NOT loose that lower gear. Do NOT exchange for a GM unit. The yota gear differs from the GM gear.

You can also go to a junkyard and look for the piece out of a 6 cylinder. (some parts will interchange with 8 cylinder BUT you need to know which ones.

Best,

T

Last edited:
awesome thx

Awesome thxxx

Ok this is the part thats broke and i dont have an answer

The metal pegs on the flat piece the weights go on are broken off... how i have no clue but apparently its pressed on to the distributor shaft.

Thanks for the answers above, my problem is when i call the autoparts store they want a make, model and year of a car... i told them its a GM HEI inline six, but you know how auto parts stores work they need a make model and year.

Any idea what make and model and year of a GM car that would have an HEI on an inline 6? or will any six cylinder do V6?

or now that we know what part is broken do i even order the shaft or just spend another 400 for another entire DUI distributor?

ign17.jpg

It either needs to go back to whomever made it or replace it in my opinion . If you have to replace the unit , either get a good used one from an FJ60 and have it re-curved to suit the 40 (side cover swap required) or buy one of Trollhole's electronic drop-in units . I have THC's drop-in unit in mine and couldn't be happier with the timing curve and reliability so far .
Sarge

Ask for a 1980 Chevy C10 pickup with the 6 cylinder. 250 and 292 use the same stuff so it doesn't matter which one. That should get you what you need to fix what you have. Or ask in the Classifieds -Wanted section for a used parts dizzy. One of us Cruiserheads might have some of that stuff for cheap.

Nick

Ask for a 1980 Chevy C10 pickup with the 6 cylinder. 250 and 292 use the same stuff so it doesn't matter which one. That should get you what you need to fix what you have. Or ask in the Classifieds -Wanted section for a used parts dizzy. One of us Cruiserheads might have some of that stuff for cheap.

Nick

x2 guy at advance knew what I needed when trying to replace the ignition module. They tested it and it was bad. When he asked me what it was from I told him it was a custom distributor and he said no problem and pulled up a 1980 C10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom