What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased a 1997 FZJ 80 for Christmas.
49A8471B-3A37-42EC-B18B-45A6A4E62276.jpeg

These should help on the back roads.

4C19F8D9-C93F-44EB-A01F-8E4BFEB86498.jpeg

89E4F356-F54A-42A9-904A-45C3CE2684CD.jpeg

Here is a better pic. Now I just have to decide what presents to get for the New Year? At this point it looks like:
2" lift, new tires, front bumper and winch, rear bumper and storage draws to start. From there, who knows.
I was super lucky and snagged this rig for a great price. Its a limited edition Triple Locked and it all works.
I am the third owner and from everything I can tell, It has never been off road. Well, I fixed that tonight.
It's Snowing here with soft ground/mud underneath. I took it out in the woods in some really sticky clay and even without the lockers on
and street tires it pulled right through with no issues. To say I am stoked is an understatement. If anyone has any thoughts ideas, send em my way.
The build has begun and the goal is to have it ready to begin driving across the country in the next 6-8 months when I retire.
1639874486738.png

I went to their website www.stedi.comau and ordered them direct. They arrived in 4 days via DHL! Around $400

37 gallon LRA gas tank installed in November and my Escape Gear dash cover just got here. Currently getting my janky factory rims powder coated.

37 gallon LRA gas tank installed in November and my Escape Gear dash cover just got here. Currently getting my janky factory rims powder coated.
That’s a huuuuuge bitch!

That’s a huuuuuge bitch!
Yuuup! I hate being out in BFE and always worried about where the next gas is. Gas cans are fine but the big tank is easy!

I'm pretty sure a lot of us treat our 80s like family members and probably get them more presents than our spouses ... I know I do.

I started out a little early this year and picked up a set of Weather Tech mats for the front and rear (didn't get the cargo liner). Still in the box (which is huge) and will be wrapped with my wife's name on it under the Christmas tree for humor value. I'm pretty sure all of the presents under the tree with my name on them this year from my wife will actually be for the 80.

What did you get for your 80 this Christmas?
1FZ-FE rebuild... with a 5.2 liter billet stroker kit... and a custom turbo setup... and a second ECU... and some bigger injectors... and a transmission cooler... some 3" stainless exhaust... and dyno tuning. (After that's all done, I'm guessing the A343F transmission should last about 15 minutes. Maybe 20.)
I'm pretty sure a lot of us treat our 80s like family members and probably get them more presents than our spouses ... I know I do.

I started out a little early this year and picked up a set of Weather Tech mats for the front and rear (didn't get the cargo liner). Still in the box (which is huge) and will be wrapped with my wife's name on it under the Christmas tree for humor value. I'm pretty sure all of the presents under the tree with my name on them this year from my wife will actually be for the 80.

What did you get for your 80 this Christmas?
Full 1FZ-FE rebuild... and 5.2 liter billet stroker kit... and JE pistons... and custom turbo setup... and bigger injectors... and a second ECU... and some 3" stainless exhaust... and dyno tuning. I should probably put a couple of spare transmissions in as stocking stuffers.

1FZ-FE rebuild... with a 5.2 liter billet stroker kit... and a custom turbo setup... and a second ECU... and some bigger injectors... and a transmission cooler... some 3" stainless exhaust... and dyno tuning. (After that's all done, I'm guessing the A343F transmission should last about 15 minutes. Maybe 20.)

Full 1FZ-FE rebuild... and 5.2 liter billet stroker kit... and JE pistons... and custom turbo setup... and bigger injectors... and a second ECU... and some 3" stainless exhaust... and dyno tuning. I should probably put a couple of spare transmissions in as stocking stuffers.

Sounds AWESOME.

Here is a better pic. Now I just have to decide what presents to get for the New Year? At this point it looks like:
2" lift, new tires, front bumper and winch, rear bumper and storage draws to start. From there, who knows.
I was super lucky and snagged this rig for a great price. Its a limited edition Triple Locked and it all works.
I am the third owner and from everything I can tell, It has never been off road. Well, I fixed that tonight.
It's Snowing here with soft ground/mud underneath. I took it out in the woods in some really sticky clay and even without the lockers on
and street tires it pulled right through with no issues. To say I am stoked is an understatement. If anyone has any thoughts ideas, send em my way.
The build has begun and the goal is to have it ready to begin driving across the country in the next 6-8 months when I retire.
Man, going to be hard to beat that for a Christmas present!

Super interested to hear what you think of them on the highway - their performance is already pretty well documented (and positively reviewed) off highway. I was looking at MT Baja Pro XS before I settled on the MT-Rs I have on my truck at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom