What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image_72192707.JPG

Slid around on a frozen lake.

I've done a lot of things lately, but since I finally got my Slinky springs, it was time to put those in and replace the sagging, worn out 13 year old OME springs I had in there previously.

I had not realized how much the older springs had sagged until I put the new ones in.

After a test drive, the dirt road bumps near me are much smoother.

2020-06-07 09.59.11.jpg

IMG_1618.JPG

I've done a lot of things lately, but since I finally got my Slinky springs, it was time to put those in and replace the sagging, worn out 13 year old OME springs I had in there previously.

I had not realized how much the older springs had sagged until I put the new ones in.

View attachment 2553353

View attachment 2553354

I had the same experience. OME J’s and L’s from 2004. Swapped in the slinky kit in May and have been super impressed with the ride.

View attachment 2553353

View attachment 2553354
So it flys???

Looking good! I'm going to be replacing my rear window seal soon, and doing some repainting. Is there a trick you can share with the process to remove the rear window?

Easiest way I'd say is take a utility knife with a fresh blade and just go around the seal from the glass side on the outside of the truck. In other words, try to keep the blade as close to parallel to the glass as you can and just work your way around. Once you can peel off the outside edge, you should be able to gently push it from the inside. Make sure someone is there to catch it in case it suddenly pops free. You'll need to remove the plastic trim and the 3rd brake light assembly prior to glass removal.

Overall getting it out without breaking it wasn't too hard.

Finally got my Huracan Fabrication tailgate storage installed.

Cutting away the metal was a bit frightening given my track record with the “measure like 12 times, cut once, go back and get a new piece of lumber” process. But, everything seemed to work out.

Will be nice to have some permanent storage for stuff that should always be in the vehicle, but often gets moved out.
B6A6612A-8A8A-4DA1-BF77-0BDBBEFE7FB0.jpeg

1CD10FA7-553C-4134-8356-55E8280825D4.jpeg

EB7A277B-786A-476C-B267-BB38C86DC0A9.jpeg

Finally got my Huracan Fabrication tailgate storage installed.

Cutting away the metal was a bit frightening given my track record with the “measure like 12 times, cut once, go back and get a new piece of lumber” process. But, everything seemed to work out.

Will be nice to have some permanent storage for stuff that should always be in the vehicle, but often gets moved out.
View attachment 2554360
View attachment 2554361
View attachment 2554365
Nice! How thick is the steel? Any flexing if you sit on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom