What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20200103_083054.jpg

Good idea, however, the "paperclip" is the cooler for the power steering and relies on airflow past it to keep the fluid cool.
Your cool guard won't allow your PS fluid to be..............less warm.

there still holes in behind the paper clip for air flow to go past so its not blocked off.... time will tell maybe I need a temp sensor on there..

replaced a bad birf. installed passenger seat after having new foam and new cover done. Fixed back pass window so it goes up and down.

No pictures but installed a blue hub fan clutch as the old eaton was not working well after changing the oil. Love the start up roar now and hopefully it'll help keep idle temps down.

Pulled rear door cards and associated bits from my parts cruiser. I feel like I need a shower every time I enter this vehicle :oops: (step 6 always helps 👍 ). Every non hard surface has grown mold and the carpet is NASTY! It amazes me the condition that some folks will let a vehicle interior get to. Absolutely disgusting. On the flip side, parts is parts :hillbilly:.

7179A66F-3FD2-448E-A5EB-FC19FBB217D4.jpeg

9A33E1F1-BC9F-447C-BB6C-99A46F5AF70C.jpeg

Removed my smashed up roof rack.. Left the middle runners for now..

Worked on pulling out a few dents today.. Got a lot of a big dent pulled out on the driver side rear corner roof.

A brush guard. They're wimpy metal things that basically bend into the headlights/body more when in a wreck and cause more damage than if they were not there.

Well, given I've got an ARB bumper, I guess I need to plan to dodge all obstacles!

No pictures but installed a blue hub fan clutch as the old eaton was not working well after changing the oil. Love the start up roar now and hopefully it'll help keep idle temps down.
I couldn’t get my original Eaton to work very well either. Haven’t had a problem since.

:cheers:

Well, given I've got an ARB bumper, I guess I need to plan to dodge all obstacles!

The ARB bumpers are solid. I had a friend hit a deer down here in Texas and all it left were some hair marks on the paint of the ARB bumper. I never want to hit and deer and haven't but they do some crazy things during the rut and sometimes you can't miss them. Better to have a big heavy ARB in deer country, it cuts down on the body shop work.

Well I gave mine a nice oil change with filters, greased the yokes and topped all fluids, bled the brakes, (still a bit soft) cleaned her up and getting ready to go play.

Removed lower intake manifold but cutting the web between cylinders 4&5. Removed and blocked both EGR ports with 1/2" plates of aluminum.
PAIRS and vacuum solenoid removal today.

Mind sharing how you ran your wire from the hatch back to the body? I've got a light I'm interested in mounting up but want to be sure to route the wire in a way that doesn't end up with it getting pinched.
I pulled my wires through rear wiper boot, so as not to invite aany leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom