What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@I Lean whatcha working on there? o_O

:cheers:

I like lifting my Cruisers from the body mounts. Take off the rubber pad, and use extension pieces to reach up to the mount. The bolt goes inside the extension, and the edge of the extension piece rests on the washer under the bushing. That keeps the lift points out of the way of suspension work, too. :cool:

I've never taken a pic specifically showing that, but you can see it in this one:

OMFG! I read the thread on what you're doing there!

You've obviously been around this block a time or two and have the tools and expertise to use it!

VERY nice work!

I like lifting my Cruisers from the body mounts. Take off the rubber pad, and use extension pieces to reach up to the mount. The bolt goes inside the extension, and the edge of the extension piece rests on the washer under the bushing. That keeps the lift points out of the way of suspension work, too. :cool:

I've never taken a pic specifically showing that, but you can see it in this one:

That is one hell of a build, great job :cheers:

Just watch out backing into curbs or rocks and stuff. They will get pinched and torn off. I have done that a ton of times on my 18 wheelers lol.

Speaking of 18 wheelers! I am out having a rolling pool party! Without the party... just the pools..
View attachment 1716560 View attachment 1716561
Holy cow! I'm a freight broker by trade...I hope you got PAID for that load!!!

From Socal up 395....Went up east of Independence, CA...Inyo Mtns, 2 days camp and bush bashing way down hill around for quartz crystals and quartz pockets.....hike to the spot is 1 mile distance...down 2K elevation. Nearly killed me but good to go with younger guys that have legs for this like I used too.

Also got to test some new bushings that are A-OK
got some good crystals.

oops, here is the rest of the post.

Rear main seal seems to be holding with the additive....
and the pics here
camp up top.jpg
diggin-hard AF.jpg
nice clear quartz point.JPG
smoky quartz score.JPG

I got all of the hoses to tackle the PHH and address all the other little coolant hoses as well as the main radiator hoses. Also got that little resistor used for making the window auto up as well as down. Hopefully this job is no more of a pain in the ass than all of the little fiddly work I encountered when rebuilding my Tacoma. I want to get it all done tomorrow.

My 93 is becoming “FB famous” locally... :rofl:

060EAC07-3E80-41AE-8CDB-05442C79BAB3.png

I made screened, louvered, air vents to use when sleeping in El Guapo in warmer (and potentially wet) weather.

FplkUeB.jpg

PNWyEUh.jpg

Right before I went camping/riding last weekend, I saw a YouTube video where a guy made something similar for his van. I had already made window screens, but I had to use a tarp two nights in a row because of the threat of rain.

Oz5o9Wh.jpg

So, yesterday I took a stab at making my own. The panels are corrugated plastic (think nice yard sign material). I cut them to cover the entire window, for privacy and light blockage. Tools: utility knife; Gorilla tape (black and clear); yardstick. I also repurposed (for a 2nd time) the screen and magnets from our old Magic Mesh screen door.

I left them on the LC all last night and today, just to see if they would stay. They did. And, we also had a light shower before I got home this evening. The next test will be to sit inside with the windows down while it's raining and see if there's any leakage. If so, I may have to get fancy and (try to) cut them to fit into the window track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom