What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (109 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a thread going, for that? I'm curious to know how big of a job it will be.

Well, I’ll see what I can do to help you gather your b^||s and commit and execute

what type of panel are you using?
great set up

They are 100W folding solar panels by Greenpath Technologies Mobile Power

Great panels but insanely expensive ($10/Watt). We have used them in our military systems for about 5 years now and have had great luck with them. I have not found a better alternative when you need to pack up several kW of solar into Pelican cases for easy transport and quick deployment.

STORM 100 watt panel..JPG

Attachments

• STORM 100 Specifications.pdf
    195.3 KB · Views: 64
So, I checked my diffs after the fairly deep water crossing last weekend... no milkshake! I can't believe it. My diff breathers are stock and the oil looked totally clean. So, in case you guys wonder how deep you can go with stock breathers, here's a video for you. Note that I fall into a hole with my driver's side tire and briefly get water on the hood. I measured the height and it comes out to just over 4 feet.

Also note: Even with all that excitement, I couldn't keep my buddy's kid entertained in the back.

Got rid of the code 340 (thanks @beno), only to have 301, 303, 305, and 300 show up. Good times. Starting to search the wiring and grounds.....:bang:

The pumpkin on the tailgate reminds me I need to order new struts - mine would never hold up to that!

So, I checked my diffs after the fairly deep water crossing last weekend... no milkshake! I can't believe it. My diff breathers are stock and the oil looked totally clean. So, in case you guys wonder how deep you can go with stock breathers, here's a video for you. Note that I fall into a hole with my driver's side tire and briefly get water on the hood. I measured the height and it comes out to just over 4 feet.

Also note: Even with all that excitement, I couldn't keep my buddy's kid entertained in the back.

Looks fun!

The way I understood it (at least from my 4runner days) is that even if you submerge the stock breather, there's still a pressure valve on it. The only way you'd actually suck water into the diff is if the pressure in the diff got high enough to temporarily open the valve while you were underwater.

Not like if you dunk the breather it just automatically takes on water.

Experts feel free to chime in.

Got rid of the code 340 (thanks @beno), only to have 301, 303, 305, and 300 show up. Good times. Starting to search the wiring and grounds.....:bang:

@beno didn’t tell you about the “Buy one, get four free” special. It’s like he’s selling fireworks!

Looks fun!

The way I understood it (at least from my 4runner days) is that even if you submerge the stock breather, there's still a pressure valve on it. The only way you'd actually suck water into the diff is if the pressure in the diff got high enough to temporarily open the valve while you were underwater.

Not like if you dunk the breather it just automatically takes on water.

Experts feel free to chime in.

I would think it would have more to do with warm/hot gear oil splashing in the cold water causing the breather to suck in water? At least that’s what I’ve understood it to be.

Have been dreaming of a Slee Shortbus for years now. A recent fender bender made that dream a closer reality. Local vendor @justdifferentials was able to order it in and have it shipped to their dock for me to pick up.

Bolted it up and it is stout.

9812BE71-D562-4E1B-BE03-08AED75413FC.jpeg
D68FA3DA-90AB-40D1-873D-96AA78ED6F18.jpeg
E9394CB5-20E9-4888-8861-1CE617835D43.jpeg
48818FBE-9415-4432-8C5B-2BBDE6F9436D.jpeg

Have been dreaming of a Slee Shortbus for years now. A recent fender bender made that dream a closer reality. Local vendor @justdifferentials was able to order it in and have it shipped to their dock for me to pick up.

Bolted it up and it is stout.

View attachment 1561375 View attachment 1561377 View attachment 1561378 View attachment 1561397

The slee shortbus is the perfect front bumper. That is next on my list. I spent about an hour the other night looking at other bumpers and it was a complete waste of time.

Winch slot is terribly empty!

Helped a buddy install his lift over the weekend. Passed along some wisdom of the easy way of removing the stock front driver shock.

F81F9915-CBE1-46B9-A629-CEFEA13B16A4.jpeg

Don’t worry, he was just lining up in that picture ;)

A wobbly 17mm? Snap-On from eeBay seems less destructive.

class 6 near exeter??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom