What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know that feeling. I had a trip to Northern Florida all planned out but now i find myself sitting on a flight to Los Angeles. I might be the only person who complains about going to California.

No you are not the only one, that place is horrible,and that wit's ends guy lives there and that alone tells you how bad it is

Another weekend 2500 miles away from my 80. But since I just past 1000 messages here on Mud, thought it would be fun to start the next thousand off with some FZJ80 pride!
View attachment 1497729

But it's been a pretty Land Cruiser heavy week here in the Golden State. Photo stalked a couple of nice ones I spotted. Saw this funky 70 series (I think) down in Imperial Beach.
View attachment 1497725

Saw this old 40 series parked down in Point Loma across the street from my hotel. I am pretty sure a 40 will be finding its way to my home sometime in the near future!
View attachment 1497726

Then Stopped for a visit at this crazy collection of rare Land Cruisers in Los Angeles. Had a nice chat with Mrs. Spector (despite the 100 degree heat!) before heading north to cooler climates.
View attachment 1497728
View attachment 1497730
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Well seeing your new shirt, made mine :clap:

Shot some paint on these beefy sumbeatches
20170716_110844.jpg

Posed it next to my "new" 60. It's a total pos, but it's pretty cool. No idea what I'm going to do since it needs a ton of work. It's missing all kinds of stuff and what's there, especially the suspension, is all hacked together. I couldn't pass it up for $350 though :eek:. Being desmogged and having a 4 speed, it feels noticeably faster than my 97 lol. I almost wonder if it's been re-geared. I'll have to GPS it next time I drive it and see where the rpms fall. Hopefully I can make a fun father son project out of it. It's definitely a good way to learn since it basically needs EVERYTHING.

Ordered an A/C Compressor - $186 Denso on Amazon, not bad

Installed New rear rotors, thanks Guys. I need to know where I can score new lines for rear caliper. the rubber is knicked and S.S is showing.

Started in Florida and got this far. Not bad for a days work. Now where's the pub....:beer:

if i drove from FL to CA in a day i'd be looking for a bed!

I finished gutting the interior. Go the dash and all the ac stuff out. Glad i pulled it as the evaporator was completely blocked with mud from PO and everything had lots of glass dust in itfrom my bead blasting the rust on the floor pan. Now to finish with the asphalt deadener removal and removing the dynamat in the rear quarter the po installed enough to weld in the flare holes where the PO ripped them out.

Twenty-five kilometers from the nearest truck and 100 meters from the nearest winching tree, I chose a bad line and a worse gear trying to get past an old washed-out bridge. After 5 men spent 3 hours digging in the mud and sand only to see our progress flooded faster than we could dig, I left it parked in the riverbed overnight and finished digging and jacking in the morning. Thank god I had a snatch block to double the power of my winch; otherwise I'd never have been able to pull it up that bank. Ripped the tow hook off the chassis of a 70-series while winching it up the river bank, too. All in all, the camping trip was more eventful than anticipated, and I was only 2 hours late getting home!

img_8119.jpg

img_8113.jpg

img_8114.jpg

img_8118.jpg

img_8121.jpg

Twenty-five kilometers from the nearest truck and 100 meters from the nearest winching tree, I chose a bad line and a worse gear trying to get past an old washed-out bridge. After 5 men spent 3 hours digging in the mud and sand only to see our progress flooded faster than we could dig, I left it parked in the riverbed overnight and finished digging and jacking in the morning. Thank god I had a snatch block to double the power of my winch; otherwise I'd never have been able to pull it up that bank. Ripped the tow hook off the chassis of a 70-series while winching it up the river bank, too. All in all, the camping trip was more eventful than anticipated, and I was only 2 hours late getting home!

img_8119.jpg

img_8113.jpg

img_8114.jpg

img_8118.jpg

img_8121.jpg
Wow! You deserve a beer! Glad you made it out. Great pictures!

Worked all weekend. But did find time to finally mount my solar panel yesterday. And it works. So EXCITING!

Also found time to do a little fishing yesterday evening...

1. Bought my 2nd 80 series. Locked 94. (after a little convincing from fellow MUD members)
2. Sweat my ass off with come along
3. Hauled it Home
4. Wife walks outside, rolls her eyes, walks back in
5. First Mod - REMOVED TEXAS LONGHORN emblem
6. 2nd Mod - Add IH8MUD sticker

LC 1st Mod.jpg

IMG_20170716_160419.jpg

7. Remove damage multiplier brushgards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom