What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added marine hatches to the tailgate. More storage yay!

9D4895BE-F9B3-4A54-B826-12F9E8298C90.JPG

2C4C8225-6088-49A5-B410-4AA31CD372AF.JPG

B88F22D8-1061-40D1-83DA-302253C6A621.JPG

I removed the factory roof rack and wind deflector awhile back and have been driving around with the mounting areas filled and primed. Finally got around to painting the roof. First attempt at auto painting and it came out better than my (very low) expectations.

Just ordered a Slee Shortbus bumper and sliders so that is up next! :clap:

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6009.JPG

I'm on the Scheelmann site. Which seats did you buy? These look great!

@baldilocks I have the Vario XXL for driver, Traveler LR for passenger. Vario XXL has a lot of adjustments and is for taller folks. :princess: is about 5'4" so doesn't mind shorter passenger seat. The Traveler passenger is for Land Rovers :eek:, the bottom can open up since those trucks have batteries and storage under the front seats. I can look at my rear heater. I got them 2nd hand from the rep, they were in his truck, so I took whatever he had and they turned out to be just right.

I can't say enough how much more comfortable they are. I hope they stand up to wear, in terms of comfort they rock.

Pulled out the AC evaporator and blower fan for a deep cleaning. Replaced the expansion valve, drier, some O rings and vacuumed and charged the system.

AC went from non existent to freeze you out cold (40°F vent temp).

View attachment 1494220
Where could one find the info on how to do this process? Im an HVAC/plumber so that end is covered

Sure thing. If you're ever in Portland, stop by the shop and visit.
without a doubt Ive yet to see another cruiser like mine face to face

Where could one find the info on how to do this process? Im an HVAC/plumber so that end is covered

Start with this thread about cooling unit/evaporator removal.

A/C system - how to remove the cooling unit, evaporator, expansion valve

This one details cleaning the blower.

Clean that AC / Heater Blower

I'm actually in the middle of this. I'm stalled on waiting for the new compressor to arrive. When I pulled the evaporator and saw how dirty it was I immediately turned it over trying to shake the mesquite leaves out. I spilled a good chunk of the PAG oil (I'm guessing) out all over the drive way. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. Spill the rest out on the drive way and add the correct amount is what I'm thinking. I've never done this and have no clue

Over the last week ive developed some uncomfortable front-end vibration. Took the truck apart tonight to try and figure it out.

Turned out that I lost my bearing pre-load! The adjuster nut was just spinning loose. The strange part though is that the locking ring and lock-nut were still in place. It had just gotten loose.

All back together now, and tightened to spec. I thought I read somewhere about upgraded axle lock nuts, but now cant find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom