What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170610_184722.jpg
20170610_191522.jpg

I played with the Cruiser again, this time timing how long it takes to go from 15-35PSI with my little MF-1050/MV-50 compressor.

If anyone of you is still on the fence about getting one of those air compressors, do it.
Price/size/performance ratio is great.

Added a button
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG

Dang looks like the abs harness went with it :(
IMG_2404.JPG

View attachment 1477554

This was supposed to be my sons car when he gets his license but seeing all the awesome builds on this forum has me deeply invested on projects to a least attempt to replicate some of the nice FZJ80's out there. The wife doesn't know it yet but I'm thinking making this mine and my son will be getting a different car. :hmm:

So you are saying there may be a new member, 3RDFZJ80 around here soon? :D

That pic is uncanny. Looks photoshopped or like the front is hovering over the sandy patch.

I played with the Cruiser again, this time timing how long it takes to go from 15-35PSI with my little MF-1050/MV-50 compressor.

If anyone of you is still on the fence about getting one of those air compressors, do it.
Price/size/performance ratio is great.

I still like mine but it won't take my 315s back to 35psi in warm weather without the thermal protection circuit kicking off. It then takes 15+ mins to reset.. before that there is no airing going on. I have to stop at about 30 to get all four into road condition. Which is fine.. that's usually plenty to get me to a real air supply.

Not sure whether others have this issue.. for me it's the only fault with this great little compressor.

Couldn't figure out what the dang beeping was when I took the key out of the ignition. Spent five minutes trying to figure it out. Then realized it must be because I opened my moonroof to let hot air out.

I guess it's a good idea...

Attended the 2nd Annual Relic Run sponsored by Olde North chapter of TLCA. In attendance were some spectacular examples of patina and some older Land Cruisers that were in truly amazing shape. About 350 miles of highway to get to Uwharrie National Forest outside of Troy, NC. ONSC really had things in order and even though I don't currently own a Land Cruiser older than 1990, they let me in. Cheers to the event organizers, volunteers, and LOADS of sponsors. :beer::beer:

Someone earlier in this post was messing with a tarp and two poles. The higher the better! Sleeping open air and no rain.

IMG_6379.JPG

IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6483.JPG

Poser shot on one of many hills.
IMG_6395.JPG

New Jeep, no sense. Destroyed some components under the rig while telling his significant other that everything was fine.
IMG_6479.JPG

Dust and more dust.
IMG_6518.JPG

Winner of BEST Patina.
IMG_6498.JPG

Can't possibly brag on the Event coordinator, volunteers, sponsors, and ONSC members who made me feel right at home. I went, not knowing a soul, and had a blast. Drove places in my unlocked stock rig that shocked me. Never stuck, limited wheel spin in the chute, and flexed on two wheels at one point. The pucker factor was strong with this event.

Comet.

View attachment 1477604

That pic is uncanny. Looks photoshopped or like the front is hovering over the sandy patch.
Maybe a 3rd FJ but wife is getting annoyed with me spending too much time in the garage. My build will more than likely slow down since the weather is getting better for boating.

As for the picture, surprised it turned out the way it did. I just grab the Nikon camera and decided to take a few shots on the way up with my son to our nearby favorite trail we used to ride our 4wheelers and bikes.

View attachment 1477604

Looks like a flash was used so it's probably enhancing the overall look of it. Sun's in the back off to the right, shouldn't be that much light under the rig. Hence, flash. (Or more fancy, a strobe setup.)

Where did you get this and can you provide some info please and will it fit a fzj80 1994

Which leather is that?
Invoice says Lseat, Dim gray, front and back. Looks great looking at it out of the package...I'm sure it will be a whole new look and feel when it's installed. Unfortunately, may be a a few months before it gets put in, so may be a while for a full review.

Great guess! I don't know much about photography but bought a nice camera a few years ago and never really learned how to use it. I just put it on auto, zoomed and let the camera do the rest on click. :meh:

Here's another shot that didn't turn out as good and to credit your correct analysis.

IMG_2543.JPG

Looks like a flash was used so it's probably enhancing the overall look of it. Sun's in the back off to the right, shouldn't be that much light under the rig. Hence, flash. (Or more fancy, a strobe setup.)

I still like mine but it won't take my 315s back to 35psi in warm weather without the thermal protection circuit kicking off. It then takes 15+ mins to reset.. before that there is no airing going on. I have to stop at about 30 to get all four into road condition. Which is fine.. that's usually plenty to get me to a real air supply.

Not sure whether others have this issue.. for me it's the only fault with this great little compressor.

You need to get a better wire for it. The small gauge it came with strains the motor, might be one of the causes it gets too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom