What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my wipers to work properly.
Only took a total re-engineer.
Been working on it all week.
This shot is from before the first test, 'cause you don't know, it might just work on the first run and you don't want to either pull it for the pics or listen to everyone bitch there are no pics. So, the final product has been re-bent, tweaked and a few parts are different. But this is the basic concept. If it works out in practice I might start building some kits. Be aware, you'll have to re-use your wiper axes/pivots--can't get those without buying the $230 linkage assembly. Is anyone has an old linkage they'd like to donate for research purposes I'd gladly pay the freight and maybe even a few bucks by way of thanks. PM me.

20150516_144019.jpg

image.jpg
Got to drive the cruiser to Overland Expo at Mormon Lake, Arizona. Also stopped at Long Valley and met a fellow cruiser head and give some parts to him. Here are some pictures of travels.
The drive up......yes the white stuff on the side of the road is snow.

image.jpg

Post v8 conversion punch list. finally crossed off temperature sending unit and factory gauge. It's going to take some time to retrain my eyes to look at the instrument cluster instead of the lone gauge sliding around on my dash.

Next item- oil pressure sender followed by cargo and dome lights.

Thanks to mud my tachometer is calibrated. Intermittent wiper relay is working. Dash lamp dimmer(acceptable).

Just got done with this. Cleaned up and slapped rust converter on every surface imaginable around the back axle and frame. I also put in a big order with Rock Auto for a lot of stuff for the front- new calipers, rotors, MC, steering stabilizer, and some lagniappe (windshield wipers, gas cap, other small stuff) so I plan on working my way forward while all that gets delivered. I'll get under the mid section and clean it all up then do the front the same weekend I change the brakes out.

Overall, I'd say the total time invested in this project was probably around 10 hours. I also yanked the spare tire hanger out since I now have it mounted inside. 3 out of 4 bolts came out super easy. Of course the last one had flat threads and took more effort than the first 3 combined :mad:

Not too long ago, the back looked like this.
IMG_20150511_190944.jpg

IMG_20150516_134800.jpg

And now
IMG_20150517_123434.jpg

IMG_20150517_123532.jpg

I also hit the drums while I was at it
IMG_20150517_152120.jpg

IMG_20150517_154050.jpg

Last edited:
SEP_6863.jpg
IMG_7114_1920x1200.jpg
Did the Slickrock Trail near Lake Alpine, CA. Edit: received a nice pic from one of our crew of The Goat midway through her successful climb of the Ladders near the south end of the trail. Hardest wheeling yet for me, getting ready for Rubithon in a few weeks!!!

Last edited:
MtnGoat- Nice to meet you at Georg's on Fri... Very nice truck, sure wish I'd gone with you now by the look of that pic.
Looks like I've got to head south for a bit of exploring. Let me know if you come north. J

Rebuilt my RS knuckle, and freewheel hub. Also installed a Trail Gear wiper seal kit on the right side Did both sides' hub bearings, calipers, rotors, and replaced every brake line on the front axle as well as installed a new Aisin master cylinder. Ok, it was more like two weekends worth of work after discovering a damaged knuckle...Also the reason I didnt get to do both knuckles (going on trip, dont need anymore surprises at the moment). Now onto bleeding these lines for the foreseeable future.

Lots of cleaning and painting

17633534539_9a0f2025e9_z.jpg

17819319525_596e8dba9b_z.jpg

17196860214_71fbde69b1_z.jpg

Here's a before-shot of the RS

17794245346_4e580c9300_z.jpg

Last edited:
Rebuilt my RS knuckle, and freewheel hub. Also installed a Trail Gear wiper seal kit on the right side Did both sides' hub bearings, calipers, rotors, and replaced every brake line on the front axle as well as installed a new Aisin master cylinder. Ok, it was more like two weekends worth of work after discovering a damaged knuckle...Also the reason I didnt get to do both knuckles (going on trip, dont need anymore surprises at the moment). Now onto bleeding these lines for the foreseeable future.

Nice. You will find the other side goes much faster now that you've done it once.

Agreed! The first time I did my knuckles it took 5 hours with help from the entire club watching me. Second time did it in about 3 by myself with my headlamp in a parking lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom