What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool. Always like the flares on a 60

Same! They always got the cool stuff in australia that we didnt!

Like flares too! Care to share source?
I got mine from Horizon Early Land cruisers in Australia. You can also order them from Siege Overland as well. They are made by a company called FRP in australia, you cant buy from them directly unfortunately

No better time to do it than all at once. You get fresh transfer case rebuild too.
The transfer case seems "ok" but should I have that rebuilt? I'm not much of a wrench and unsure if my mechanic would want to even rebuilt it....

The transfer case seems "ok" but should I have that rebuilt? I'm not much of a wrench and unsure if my mechanic would want to even rebuilt it....
Well, you have to disassemble the t case to put it onto the new h55, so at a minimum you'll get new gaskets, but Cruiser Outfitters and others sell rebuild kits that have all of the seals and bearings you'll need as well.

Well, I finally did it. I put a cold air intake on Maxine. I have been running the Sniper for a few years and have loved it. It has made driving her enjoyable to say the least. I have done some minor tuning of the Sniper but it has always run rich. I originally had the original air cleaner and adapter kit. I liked the way it looked stock. The only issue was it didn't seem to be getting enough air flow. Hills were a pain because I was always downshifting to keep her fron sputtering. I have to be honest, I did not think the new intake was going to change much. Boy, was I wrong! It woke the old girl up! She pulls like a passed off pit bull and the hills are no longer an issue. I can now give her the beans and it will pull like it is supposed to. I am pretty stoked to see how she pulls the Camper now.
20231028_170851.jpg

Well, I finally did it. I put a cold air intake on Maxine. I have been running the Sniper for a few years and have loved it. It has made driving her enjoyable to say the least. I have done some minor tuning of the Sniper but it has always run rich. I originally had the original air cleaner and adapter kit. I liked the way it looked stock. The only issue was it didn't seem to be getting enough air flow. Hills were a pain because I was always downshifting to keep her fron sputtering. I have to be honest, I did not think the new intake was going to change much. Boy, was I wrong! It woke the old girl up! She pulls like a passed off pit bull and the hills are no longer an issue. I can now give her the beans and it will pull like it is supposed to. I am pretty stoked to see how she pulls the Camper now. View attachment 3467161
What is the small red filter in the back for? Looks like its connected to the valve cover vent port maybe?

My combo switch housing cracked a year or two ago from all the trial and error experimenting I’ve been doing on it. It’s been held together by JB weld but makes the turn signal feel spongy. Well the jb weld finally broke and it didn’t cancel anymore so I just used the part Ultra Power TW35 from rock auto for the base and turn signal part and transferred the guys of my old combo switch over and it’s like it’s brand new now. Cost $25.

You can totally use this part to fix your combo switch. Move over your old stuff or keep the stuff that comes on it. It’s all the same. The little signal cancel ring in the middle is a little different but you can just drill a hole in your steering wheel or use the fj62 steering wheel.

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

The point of that above post is that you can buy that combo switch for like 25 bucks and either get it to work as is ( i think theres a slight wiring difference in the wiper since its got the dumb mist function) or just unscrew your guts from your current combo switch and slap it into the housing. Theres no need to spend a ton of money on a used combo switch or a reman one. Its super cheap and it works.

Couple of things. If you transfer over your turn signal stalk, there is a small ball bearing in the end of it under spring pressure so when you take it out, dont let it fly out, also the little metal bracket thing that gives you grooves for pushing in your high beam stalk is different between the two so youll just use your old one. Also the hazard indicatior is printed on the wrong side but whatever

27268e3b-c15c-4fea-ac40-bd67af7f84e3.jpg

bf1bdbd0-322d-41f9-84cd-09b79bc74c81.jpg

The new turn signal stalk uses a pressed pin that you can just drill out and then reuse the threaded screw to attach your old one to it. Or just use the new setup.

Ive taken these things apart so many times and messed with them so much my original one cracked and this was a super easy way to refresh it to new. Ive seensome of these go for a ton of money online and used and theres just no need

Well baselining my second wife (ahem .....) so 5th gear rebuild, new brake pads front and rear (also changed rear brake pistons ?)
Diesel filter change / all oils and toped off brake fluid / power steering.
New right headlight (old one had almost no reflective material left) and LED light swap.

I do need to adjust the headlights direction as I seem to blind everyone around me (specially my neighbors in the 2nd floor)

I manged to kill my wiper washers (which are not moving now after i decided to try and fix their slow movement.)
Will have to take the whole thing apart some time soon :S

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-30 at 10.54.52_d5c2c6c6.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-30 at 10.54.40_d8d927a6.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-30 at 10.54.42_19afa781.jpg

The point of that above post is that you can buy that combo switch for like 25 bucks and either get it to work as is ( i think theres a slight wiring difference in the wiper since its got the dumb mist function) or just unscrew your guts from your current combo switch and slap it into the housing. Theres no need to spend a ton of money on a used combo switch or a reman one. Its super cheap and it works.

Couple of things. If you transfer over your turn signal stalk, there is a small ball bearing in the end of it under spring pressure so when you take it out, dont let it fly out, also the little metal bracket thing that gives you grooves for pushing in your high beam stalk is different between the two so youll just use your old one. Also the hazard indicatior is printed on the wrong side but whatever

View attachment 3468319
View attachment 3468320

The new turn signal stalk uses a pressed pin that you can just drill out and then reuse the threaded screw to attach your old one to it. Or just use the new setup.

Ive taken these things apart so many times and messed with them so much my original one cracked and this was a super easy way to refresh it to new. Ive seensome of these go for a ton of money online and used and theres just no need
This is an awesome discovery. Hopefully you’ll do a write up documenting this in the 60 section. I’ve taken quite a few of these apart and still confused on a few things you shared above. A separate thread showing detailed step by step changes/options would be tremendous for the community. Very nice work and know this will be of great help to all of us.

This is an awesome discovery. Hopefully you’ll do a write up documenting this in the 60 section. I’ve taken quite a few of these apart and still confused on a few things you shared above. A separate thread showing detailed step by step changes/options would be tremendous for the community. Very nice work and know this will be of great help to all of us.
Yeah sure thing! i dont mind. I should have taken better photos but I dont mind making a post about it. Its really nice because if your high beams or something go out, you could use this and just pull the new high beam part off of the new one and keep your old stuff and vice versa.

I second this! As well as a link to the part would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah sure thing! i dont mind. I should have taken better photos but I dont mind making a post about it. Its really nice because if your high beams or something go out, you could use this and just pull the new high beam part off of the new one and keep your old stuff and vice versa.

This is the solution for manually having to switch off flashers after turning ? Or did miss understand ?
If so fantastic !

This is the solution for manually having to switch off flashers after turning ? Or did miss understand ?
If so fantastic !
yeah if your flashers dont turn off it could be as wasy as the little center collar thing not being indexed properly on the back of your steering wheel, or the housing that holds the little ball bearing is cracked. This would fix both of those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom