What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Winter Trip to my Crater Lake Property to enjoy the snow.
50272856-B3E9-4C64-B8DB-62291A766E81.jpeg

893BBDBA-BAC6-468D-BE1F-6BC52E9DE6DE.jpeg

1281850F-8A89-4D9E-A832-4D430BDE0883.jpeg

2D69482F-B215-4261-818D-1BE2EA930B2F.jpeg

B03E7998-2A34-4D85-A698-E93498D9B808.jpeg

Moon light over ice cold Project Snowball❄️

Last edited:
Finished getting my engine broken down. Well, 90-95% of the way there anyhow. So far I don’t see anything catastrophic that would total this engine. I need to repair or replace the crank shaft. That’s the biggest thing on my plate right now. I’ll tear the pistons down this week and measure everything in the block and head. See how much farther we need to go.

5A9C87F6-5DF9-46B7-BC98-3710B22F50E2.jpeg
8466BF27-AC98-4B16-B6E1-41BF31B00AD1.jpeg
50F0F92C-0B9F-4DC3-93F3-2C48E3D4C6FB.jpeg
F92CFCA3-488F-48E0-92BC-BC32A8E210E0.jpeg
F25031CB-01A6-4054-ABA2-7CA61C3B6829.jpeg

Replaced groaning PS pump with unit from City Racer. Seems good. Not a one-hour job because, as many already know from doing this before, the entire PS/Air Pump bracket has to come off because of that one friggin bolt that's too long to clear exhaust manifold. Once again, mud was invaluable!

69231736835__DCA09934-85F6-417C-91E6-FAA0BC823715.JPG

IMG_9157.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9148.JPG

If youre lucky, it could just be the manifold studs in the rear of the heads holding the exhaust manifolds to the heads are just broken. Its SUPER common. When you go to put your new manifolds on definitely use the ARP bolts
@dbbowen which of the ARP bolts did you use? I feel like I don’t have my exhaust manifold quite sorted out.

Got a link for those wheels? The are sexxxy

They are from SCS. The ones i have are the "Gen 5"

They also have a more classic wheel called the "F5"

They are both American copies of Japanese Bradley V wheels.

Copied my combo switch for @davework. FJ60 on the left, late model firstgen 4Runner on the right. Adds cruise control accel/coast and intermittent wipers. All it needs is to be cleaned up, new dry transfer decals added from @63FST , clear coated with satin clear, and they’ll look brand spanking new. I used a dash on/off switch for my cruise from a Corolla, I think he’s got one from a celica. Got to figure out the wiring for his celecia switch next

48B075A5-6446-4381-B440-8E737B2FD6DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a horrible exhaust leaks, leaking from manifold gasket, also between Intake and Exhaust manifolds and heat riser bushing on fire wall side. Removed heat riser and bolted the holes closed. Also when I took manifolds apart Intake had the crack like a lot seem to do. So installed heat riser block off plate from @cruiseroutfit. Used a Remflex manifold gasket, new carb insulator plate and all new nuts and bolts to reattach everything.
During all this had only one issue, one off the exhaust flange studs broke off, so drilled out and chased threads and installed new stud. (Easy since off vehicle)
With all new gaskets and vacuum lines, truck purrs, it starts and idles smooth and the acceleration through all gears is also so smooth, best part so quite now!
Everything I do on this truck is my first experience mechanical working on an engine. This forum is such a wealth of knowledge, you just have to go find it.
Side note: it’s not my daily driver so I have the luxury of going slow and taking my time. This I did over 7 days doing what I could with the time I had each day.

D10F2CFE-687E-46FB-8FDB-3E11C5F5C226.jpeg

Copied my combo switch for @davework. FJ60 on the left, late model firstgen 4Runner on the right. Adds cruise control accel/coast and intermittent wipers. All it needs is to be cleaned up, new dry transfer decals added from @63FST , clear coated with satin clear, and they’ll look brand spanking new. I used a dash on/off switch for my cruise from a Corolla, I think he’s got one from a celica. Got to figure out the wiring for his celecia switch next

View attachment 3192371
Do you have any more info on adding the cruise control?!

Spotted a leak at the thermostat housing. Removed the bolts carefully so they wouldn’t snap. Replaced gasket and cleaned the surfaces well.
Re installed the housing with new gasket and lubed the screws with anti seize torqued them down to 12lbs and wouldn’t you know the last one just snapped just before the click on the torque wrench :censor:!!
Now need to order new ones and do it all over again.

Spotted a leak at the thermostat housing. Removed the bolts carefully so they wouldn’t snap. Replaced gasket and cleaned the surfaces well.
Re installed the housing with new gasket and lubed the screws with anti seize torqued them down to 12lbs and wouldn’t you know the last one just snapped just before the click on the torque wrench :censor:!!
Now need to order new ones and do it all over again.
Anti-seize acts as a lubricant and changes the torque value when used. I’ve done this before.

Do you have any more info on adding the cruise control?!
Yeah man, its really for trucks that run a GM computer for a ls swap. I dont think you could add cruise to a carbed fj60 very easily unless you used some vacuum actuated thing.

I havent ever tried, but since the FJ62 is fuel injected, dakota digital makes an aftermarket cruise that you could potentially use to add cruise. Youd have to convert your speed signal to digital with a VSS converter from marlin crawler to use it. Once you did that, you could run the toyota controls to control it and just use relays since the toyota stuff uses ground activation. Youd have to use a digital speedometer if you did that since the Marlin VSS goes into the Tcase where your speedometer cable goes.

Heres a link to add cruise to a LS swapped 60, theres a lot of overlap that you could use on the Dakota digital cruise unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom