What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If youre lucky, it could just be the manifold studs in the rear of the heads holding the exhaust manifolds to the heads are just broken. Its SUPER common. When you go to put your new manifolds on definitely use the ARP bolts
It could also be leaking from there but there was a large visible split in the header just before the flange on the passenger side. I could see it through the wheel well haha. There's a local guy selling another one with a little more miles but in leagues better shape for the same price. Only thing making me hesitate is what I would do with the carcass of the truck once I've picked through it. I unfortunately don't have the space to let it sit and I don't want in in the garage longer than it needs to be there.

It could also be leaking from there but there was a large visible split in the header just before the flange on the passenger side. I could see it through the wheel well haha. There's a local guy selling another one with a little more miles but in leagues better shape for the same price. Only thing making me hesitate is what I would do with the carcass of the truck once I've picked through it. I unfortunately don't have the space to let it sit and I don't want in in the garage longer than it needs to be there.
oof. Yeah ive got that same problem with an 80 series. Once i take the axles off i have no idea what to do with the frame and body of it. Frame is good on it, would hate to take it to a scrap yard

oof. Yeah ive got that same problem with an 80 series. Once i take the axles off i have no idea what to do with the frame and body of it. Frame is good on it, would hate to take it to a scrap yard
I feel like someone would want this eventually if you've got the space to keep it.

I'm honestly considered going full chop shop and cutting it up into pieces to bring to a scrap yard.

frame swap the 60 instead and get the coil springs?
I was planning on using the Trail Tailor Brackets on my 60 frame. Ive already LS swapped the 60 so id have to put new motor mounts and stuff on the 80 frame and it would be a lot more work for my ole driveway haha. The 80 frame doesnt have any rust on it though, and my 60 frame is kinda rusty

I was planning on using the Trail Tailor Brackets on my 60 frame. Ive already LS swapped the 60 so id have to put new motor mounts and stuff on the 80 frame and it would be a lot more work for my ole driveway haha. The 80 frame doesnt have any rust on it though, and my 60 frame is kinda rusty
You've got my vote for doing a "How to Frame Swap in your driveway for regular folks" thread.

Welded in a bung for the O2 sensor for my fuel injection conversion. Has been a while since I welded anything, my eyes are getting old. Going to have to get a corrective lens my welding helmet.
1670606229044.png

i have Reproduced a Re-Keyable / RE-Codeable ALL things ALL modules All years 60 61 62 series Fuel door lock key cylinder in my Land Cruiser world this weekend ..........

Yesterday , NLA / Disc. ,

Today , ALIVE ONCE AGAIN :)

69058-90A04 1.jpg1.png

69058-90A04 2.jpeg

69058-90A04 3.jpeg

69058-90A04 4.jpeg

Last edited:
New H55F and t-case prior to going under the FJ60. Getting it to this point took some juggling in using the Kubota to lift it, reorient it, and settle it on the transmission jack. Couldn't have done it without help from @cruiserinsanity .

IMG_9276.jpg

New wheels and tires this weekend

7TuATRoh.jpg

1cyR0Ath.png

DsWXpUJh.jpg
Let us know how you like those tires. Looking at getting the same for my 40 in 40 inch size.

New H55F and t-case prior to going under the FJ60. Getting it to this point took some juggling in using the Kubota to lift it, reorient it, and settle it on the transmission jack. Couldn't have done it without help from @cruiserinsanity .

View attachment 3190117

I'm spending as much on this new transmission and t-case as I did when I bought the package deal of my '86 plus a wrecked '81 FJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom