What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know some of you guys are running 285/75 17 tires in here, Are yall just running them on the normal OME and the like type 2.5 inch lift springs?

I picked up a set with some 4.30 BS wheels. Will have to run spacers to get them to the 3.5 ish backspace area on the fj60 axles. The backspacing is correct for the 80 series axles incoming.

Just trying to see if anyone had to do anything else to fit the 285/75/17 (34 inch tall) tires spring under. Longer shackles or cutting or anything?

@benc is running that size on his 62

Also I believe Mike Burroughs’ old rig

Breaking Trail – The StanceWorks Project 6.0 LS-Swapped FJ60 Land Cruiser Heads to Big Bear, CA – StanceWorks - https://stanceworks.com/2017/08/breaking-trail-the-stanceworks-project-6-0-ls-swapped-fj60-heads-to-big-bear-ca/

Oh nice, i looked at the photos on that link and it looks like hes got somewhat decent clearance. im wondering if he was running wheel spacers, +8 offset probably has the wheels pretty. Thanks for the link, really helpful

Took my wife out for breakfast and found a couple of jeeps to park next to...
20221201_073746.jpg
20221201_073807.jpg

So I am working on a poor man's rooftop tent. There are many reasons I want a rooftop tent and there are many reasons I would never buy one. Long story short, I am looking for flexibility. Here is a sneak preview of what I am working on. the swag tent cost $300 and the perforated sheet of aluminum that I will get for my decking will cost about $325. Threw the tent up there tonight to check fit. I will still have room to leave my fuel up top and a storage box if I want along one side. excited to get this project done. The sheet of aluminum will be 4X7' and will give me some good overage one side. Going perforated will cut the weight down....I think the decking will only add 12lbs. Stay tuned....
fj60tent.jpg

tent1.jpg

Finally settled on a motor swap choice and looked at a 2008 escalade yesterday. It's in rough shape but it's only got 131k miles on it. Seller offered to have it towed to my house since there's no tag on it to drive it home. A cracked header is the biggest worry as an indicator to general lack of maintenance and care. Trying to figure out if I can break even on the purchase price if I cannibalize the truck. He wants $4k for reference, and I think I can get $1,500 for the 6L80 that it comes with. Should be able to make up the difference selling other parts off it.

Anyone have experience parting out whole vehicles like this?

Finally settled on a motor swap choice and looked at a 2008 escalade yesterday. It's in rough shape but it's only got 131k miles on it. Seller offered to have it towed to my house since there's no tag on it to drive it home. A cracked header is the biggest worry as an indicator to general lack of maintenance and care. Trying to figure out if I can break even on the purchase price if I cannibalize the truck. He wants $4k for reference, and I think I can get $1,500 for the 6L80 that it comes with. Should be able to make up the difference selling other parts off it.

Anyone have experience parting out whole vehicles like this?
If youre lucky, it could just be the manifold studs in the rear of the heads holding the exhaust manifolds to the heads are just broken. Its SUPER common. When you go to put your new manifolds on definitely use the ARP bolts

Picked up my fuel tank from the rad shop where it spent the weekend in the hot tank. I thought this tank was a goner but it actually came back pretty good:

zz6286.jpg

So I decided to treat it to a new pump assembly:

zz6287.jpg

Just gotta get it painted/undercoated and then it's ready to hoist back up into place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom