What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a little rust in the rear passenger wheel well on the FJ62 and cut and grinded out the bad part and made sure no more was between the wheel well panel and body panel.. Then cleaned and coated it with Eastwood Rust Converter. Next comes rust encapsulator and then rubberized rust encapsulator/preventative. I also cleaned up the tire carrier crossmember and put some black rust encapsulator on it. I technically did it Friday before the rains and covered it.

20220930_132203.jpg

20220930_132213.jpg

20220930_132401.jpg

20220930_141044.jpg

20220930_141055.jpg

Addressed a long-standing cooling system issue that recently turned into high temps and slid down a slippery slope that ended in rear heater delete and a secondary coolant temperature gauge installation. Details are in my lazy build thread, but some pics here for those who love pics.

New thermostat
New water pump
New fan clutch
Radiator refreshed (cleaned, pressure tested, painted)
Rear heater delete
Secondary temperature gauge installed

Not how Mr. T intended the thermostat to be installed
cooling1.jpeg

Random pic along the way during the rear heater delete
rhdelete2.jpeg

Fancy temperature probe installation idea copied from @MrOverQualified
rhdelete5.jpeg

17AF52E7-BA4E-4502-A9E6-A195CB963CE6.jpeg

Anyone have these in your rig?

Product Development this weekend. We are targeting stock replacement size. As well as exploring larger sizes intended to cover more modern speaker sizes. For materials, we are looking at both plastic and also CNC aluminum. We will have more information shared as development continues.

Woke up, went outside to drive down to the court house to get my tag renewed, for $0.91. However, there was a pool of water on the carport floor. So, I get to remove the fan shroud, hoses, drain plug, etc. to locate the leak.

Restored in-cab heat today. This little saga began last April when my radiator developed a leak. Fixed that by replacing the leaky radiator only to discover that the heater core or one the lines was leaking. It was the o-ring at one of the lines. Since I didn't need a heater for about 6 months I capped off the heater lines, plus I was dreading diving into the dash to yank the heater. I wrapped up a multi-week heater core replacement a couple of weeks ago then discovered that the heater valve was stuck shut. Bought a new one off Amayama for much less than purchasing locally. Swapped that out today, reconnected heater lines and now have in-cab heat.

IMG_9035.jpg

Found a little rust in the rear passenger wheel well on the FJ62 and cut and grinded out the bad part and made sure no more was between the wheel well panel and body panel.. Then cleaned and coated it with Eastwood Rust Converter. Next comes rust encapsulator and then rubberized rust encapsulator/preventative. I also cleaned up the tire carrier crossmember and put some black rust encapsulator on it. I technically did it Friday before the rains and covered it.

View attachment 3130003

View attachment 3130004

View attachment 3130005

View attachment 3130006

View attachment 3130007
Finally got everything back together after cleaning and coating the back end of the frame beforehand. Finally got the spare out of the back and back underneath (for now).

View attachment 3130580

Anyone have these in your rig?

Product Development this weekend. We are targeting stock replacement size. As well as exploring larger sizes intended to cover more modern speaker sizes. For materials, we are looking at both plastic and also CNC aluminum. We will have more information shared as development continues.

I wonder if you printed those a little larger if they could work for people who installed larger 6 inch speakers. That way it would look 100% stock but with the larger, better performing speakers. If you install round 6 inch grilles, the outlines of the old square grille are still there. Printing these larger would cover those up.... Just a thought

Have you driven it yet and what is your first impression?
I’m “super” impressed how quickly this turbo spools up and how fast the boost climbs. Need to get a wastegate adjustment fitting installed next. Factory setting is 20psi boost then the wastegate opens. The HX-30 I had could get up to ~28psi boost, the wastegate was sealed off. This HX-30 super should easily get into the upper 30s. So far the responsiveness is the most noticeable. The turbo whistle also give ya goosebumps.

I’m “super” impressed how quickly this turbo spools up and how fast the boost climbs. Need to get a wastegate adjustment fitting installed next. Factory setting is 20psi boost. The HX-30 I had could get up to ~28psi boost. This HX-30 super should easily get into the upper 30s. So far the responsiveness is the most noticeable. The turbo whistle also give ya goosebumps.
Cool!! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom