What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, suspension handling, braking and excelleration are all big improvements with the 80 components.

4498316E-5360-48DD-8125-BD7CFC57032F.jpeg

2E6D59B8-F9B8-4071-86D6-B70E61165FB7.jpeg

02F53101-9B08-483D-9264-38AC0B60A300.jpeg

Mine is also stripped out. How did you remove? Can't figure out.

My adjuster bolt was not stripped out, the bolt was frozen to the adjuster and the head snapped. After that it was easy to pull out. I would think that if the bolt or the threads within the adjuster block are stripped that you'd have to remove the alternator and alternator bracket that bolts to the block. With those out you should have access to the failed parts.

My adjuster bolt was not stripped out, the bolt was frozen to the adjuster and the head snapped. After that it was easy to pull out. I would think that if the bolt or the threads within the adjuster block are stripped that you'd have to remove the alternator and alternator bracket that bolts to the block. With those out you should have access to the failed parts.
Awesome thanks

CDEDE4F1-10EB-40F9-AD1D-9816CCBBF975.png

Does anyone know where to get the plugs for number 5? Image is pulled from City Racer. Found water in the pocket missing the plugs back there on the passenger side of the trunk. They sell the plugs for 3 but those holes are larger than number 5.

Replaced my charcoal canister with the AC Delco recommended unit. Truck runs so much healthier now. Idle is quieter, don’t have to continuously pump the gas on cold starts, feels smoother/quieter at highway speeds.

View attachment 2915113

Does anyone know where to get the plugs for number 5? Image is pulled from City Racer. Found water in the pocket missing the plugs back there on the passenger side of the trunk. They sell the plugs for 3 but those holes are larger than number 5.

Replaced my charcoal canister with the AC Delco recommended unit. Truck runs so much healthier now. Idle is quieter, don’t have to continuously pump the gas on cold starts, feels smoother/quieter at highway speeds.
Looks like maybe 90950-01056 which was replaced by 90950-01826

I had so much fun last week swapping out a water pump on a 3FE I decided to do it all over again. Actually we had leak at the pump. The pump is an Aisin from Rockauto and I assumed that I had not sealed the paper gasket well when I applied it to the block and to the pump, or that the sealant seam became broken while installing the pump. Once the pump was off it appeared that the gasket had been ok, but @cruiserinsanity and I noticed a small gap on the lowermost potion of the pump between the pump body and the backing plate. I pulled the three screws and checked the gasket, which appeared fine. Next step was to use some Permatex rated for water pumps to seal between the water pump body and plate. I also installed a new OEM water pump gasket between the block and pump with sealant. While doing a 3FE water pump is easier the second time I do not want to repeat this for a third time.

I've got a gas leak somewhere upfront and others have suggested the charcoal canister valve might be the problem. To be honest I don't even know where to find the blasted thing, but how tough could it be?

Question: Does the 3FE engine have cold start and engine running issues related to the canister like the 2FE does with a carb? Thanks.

I've got a gas leak somewhere upfront and others have suggested the charcoal canister valve might be the problem. To be honest I don't even know where to find the blasted thing, but how tough could it be?

Question: Does the 3FE engine have cold start and engine running issues related to the canister like the 2FE does with a carb? Thanks.
FEB3F6AD-127E-4F96-A2E4-4A3D7A2D1166.jpeg

Not sure about the fj62 but this is where the 60 charcoal canister is located (passenger side).

In the 60 it only affects the carb by allowing it to vent the fuel bowl. From my understanding, the other hookups would impact any motor regardless of fuel delivery method. It allows your tank to breathe through heating and cooling cycles and prevents pressure buildup in the tank. If there’s a rush of air when you remove the gas cap I’d recommend changing it out.

I had so much fun last week swapping out a water pump on a 3FE I decided to do it all over again. Actually we had leak at the pump. The pump is an Aisin from Rockauto and I assumed that I had not sealed the paper gasket well when I applied it to the block and to the pump, or that the sealant seam became broken while installing the pump. Once the pump was off it appeared that the gasket had been ok, but @cruiserinsanity and I noticed a small gap on the lowermost potion of the pump between the pump body and the backing plate. I pulled the three screws and checked the gasket, which appeared fine. Next step was to use some Permatex rated for water pumps to seal between the water pump body and plate. I also installed a new OEM water pump gasket between the block and pump with sealant. While doing a 3FE water pump is easier the second time I do not want to repeat this for a third time.
Is the aisin logo cast into the housing or is/was it a little gold sticker? I forget if you were part of the conversation a while back but there are counterfeit aisin parts floating around. Commonly, water pumps and clutches. I think they’re mostly sourced from Amazon and eBay, however, I bet rockauto is getting the real deal.

View attachment 2915756
Not sure about the fj62 but this is where the 60 charcoal canister is located (passenger side).

In the 60 it only affects the carb by allowing it to vent the fuel bowl. From my understanding, the other hookups would impact any motor regardless of fuel delivery method. It allows your tank to breathe through heating and cooling cycles and prevents pressure buildup in the tank. If there’s a rush of air when you remove the gas cap I’d recommend changing it out.

@TheEngineer would you happen to know the AC Delco EVAP canister part number? Thank you.

finally figured out these will plug and play MOUNT mechanically to a 8/80-9/87 USA spec. 60 and or 62

combined with my JIS PURE YELLOW Billet Aluminum LED bulbs

simply BLISS ......... :D

1644214207256.png

1644214267641.png

1644214278201.png

1644214519141.png

1644214531093.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom