What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PSA make sure your hood is latched.

View attachment 2003969

Yep. I learned that lesson on my first vehicle, which happened to be a 1985 FJ60. I had just changed the oil and was taking it for one last drive before a buyer was coming with cash to pick it up. Needless to say, he backed out at the last minute.

Source a hood, pull as much of the dent out on the cowl as you can or cut and paste from another 60/62. Sand, prime, paint. Good as new!

Been having trouble starting the rig lately....so, I cleaned up the cold start injector. It might have needed it. LolView attachment 2005747
View attachment 2005748
When you took off injector for cleaning, do you have to replace a gasket or does it have a reusable metal (as long as it's in good repair)? Also, does a lot of fuel come out when removing injector?

When you took off injector for cleaning, do you have to replace a gasket or does it have a reusable metal (as long as it's in good repair)? Also, does a lot of fuel come out when removing injector?
I just did this on the 3VZ-E in my '93 4-Runner, no fuel came out and I was able the reuse the fiber gasket.

That’s a shame, but it looks like the bumper took the worst of it. I bet a 4x4 labs bumper with a spare tire swing out on the passenger side would cover the bruises.
Agreed. Lucky the glass didn't break - you can maybe hammer out the dents with enough finesse to get the hatch and gate to operate well, and save the replacement cash for a tailgate storage locker and bumper setup.

My radio cut out on me a long time ago. After three years I finally figured out what happened and fixed it for three dollars.... jeeze.... I don’t know if I’ll feel right listening to tunes while driving again. I’m also dreading the rats nest that is shoved in my dash. There was a cb radio and tv/stereo set up in this thing at one point and lord knows what else. View attachment 2004813View attachment 2004814

Was it lowered in its previous life too? :steer:

IMG-20190615-WA0020.jpg
20190614_174317.jpg
20190615_143106.jpg
20190614_173901.jpg
20190613_211609.jpg

Things got shiny this weekend. I'm tempted to tear it all back down and replace the dust shield with the eliminator plate. That thing is a pain in the ass - I can only imagine doing birf work on a trail and having to jack around with cracking open brake lines, etc.

But for now... bling

Was it lowered in its previous life too? :steer:
Haha, no but it’s kinda lowered right now...:rolleyes: I need new springs. It also had a 100 pound roof rack living on top of it.

Evidently forgot to put the truck in gear when I got out of the truck... Thank goodness for my neighbors pine trees keeping the Cruiser out of their house. Nobody got hurt. Now to start saving for the 4x4labs and find a new hatch and tailgate. Don't think it bent the frame.View attachment 2005763
I did the same thing in the Harbor Freight parking lot. Getting old.

Very little fuel came out and I didn't have to replace a gasket. It stayed on the manifold for me, and the looked in good condition (pretty sure its metal). Really easy, quick fix.

Drove out to a car show. I'll definitely enter next time just for fun.

IMG_9605.jpg

Got a pair of new rear Sachs shocks from rockauto for $60 total. Crawled under the rear of the truck Tuesday afternoon expecting the worst. And 25 minutes later had both shocks installed with 0 headache. Original bolts came out easily and went back on with anti seize for the future. Rear rides a bit nicer than the old Monroe’s as they were starting to suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom