What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

" That thing", grounds for divorce!

" That thing", grounds for divorce!
I had two 60’s sitting in the driveway dying. With her it was always “those things”...
In the end of it all got to keep my dog and I got one of the 60’s to run and I never looked back.

Does your wife drive the 100? How about a little pay back?;):lol:
@TNcamp

Got my seats back and installed. Retired upholstery guy did an outstanding job. Feeling like the door panels need to match

20190223_144807.jpg

20190223_144155.jpg

20190223_144137.jpg

20190223_144218.jpg

Installed the Boss airbag system. I bought it to get rid of the saggy bottom all 60/62’s on original suspension have at this point. I had over 2” difference in height from front to rear, and exactly 2” of clearance from bumpstop to the axle.
I can’t tell you how much air I have in them yet, my Viair portable compressor gauge is on the fritz, so I filled them until the rear was level with the front. I put a few miles on it, and initial impressions are so-so. It rides rough. With that being said, I’m not 100% sure how it’s supposed to ride, since the clapped out leafs are probably ridiculously soft at this point, so maybe it rides normal. I’ll have to get some more seat time to make a definitive assessment. I will say the Boss kit is all inclusive, and appears to be VERY high quality.
The second picture is with the drivers side done and filled. It’s a huge difference appearance wise.

2C189982-AAE2-408E-9201-C9ED1A8E2EB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Really like the look of these.
Thanks I was really impressed with the job this older upholstery guy did. No substitute for experience. He kept the stitch pattern and added new foam. Re-did the interior all black, used to be the poo brown.

Finally got the rear shock crossmember and Bilstein 7100 12” travel rear shocks with reservoir installed.
Mocked up the crossmember and check everything for clearence.
A3AC75F4-F5EB-425D-BFCD-A85BA19A160C.jpeg

Install shock and see how well it fit. The 2 bolts give me options to play with.
6F45A2D9-BEDB-4058-96F6-E2F4790A3140.jpeg

Once it’s all checked for clearance time to burn it on.
F3AB0ABF-EAA1-4744-A2A0-B6517406A5BF.jpeg

Completed installation of the rear shock setup.
C573962B-7634-44DC-890C-76EE24EA2A37.jpeg

93AD400B-8CB6-4562-8F95-3A0FCF2B545B.jpeg

Sometimes I like Mud!

Told myself prior to repainting my truck that I wouldn’t be afraid to get it dirty. Yesterday I felt like I had a point to prove...

Otherwise, work on the interior continued. New vapor barriers installed:

And added a layer of 1/4” dynaliner over the previously installed Dynamat.

I like this stuff. Easy to work, doesn’t absorb water. I’m sure it’s going to make the cabin even quieter and more comfortable.

Cheers!
-Ed

Last edited:
I'm continuing to work on replacing the bushings on the OME reversable shackles. The 2 weeks of rain in GA has slowed my progress. I hope to finish it tomorrow or Tuesday afternoon.

Rebuilding my old manifold assembly. Debating whether I should buy a cheap media blaster from HF or pay to have it done.

92C87CCE-0AB7-4D36-9DC0-56A5B0E7BA90.jpeg

Rebuilding my old manifold assembly. Debating whether I should buy a cheap media blaster from HF or pay to have it done.

View attachment 1912835

Scaled up version of the second video idea?

Or first video idea with some safety elements, i.e. not quite so redneck and carefree with the waste etc.

Scaled up version of the second video idea?

Or first video idea with some safety elements, i.e. not quite so redneck and carefree with the waste etc.

I tried using that same POS compressor for a diy baking soda blaster and it it couldn’t sustain squat for a spray. Use something bigger for media blasting. Unless I had no idea how to make that crap compressor work. I ended up selling it at a tag sale.
And omfg to the cat litter box that still has a flood of cat piss in it! But similar idea to using a palm sander as a ultrasonic cleaner for a carb in carb cleaner. I did that, noisy as heck tho.

Last edited:
Took stock of the paint on my recently acquired FJ62, looks like it was poorly resprayed in an almost 153 metallic gray. Overspray, drips, and clear coat failures galore. Looks like my initial hunch of a total repaint needed was correct.

I cut and polished what was there to get a feel for the body work, found some dents, a poorly done bondo section, and some minor rust. I'm not sure if the hood is salvageable or if a new one would be better.

Image-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-6.jpg

Image.jpg

Finally, finally got time to get this bloody receiver hitch on my truck. I was amazed by what a PITA this was. Granted I rust treated and repainted the rear frame of the truck as part of this work, and had to modify the hitch to fit slightly using some strategic grinding on the mounting holes. But I finally got it knocked out. Used some SuperStrut to fil in the gap under the rear bumper. Again the hitch is actually sort of a multi-fit hitch and while it was close, needed quite a bit of modification to get it to work. Had to drill some holes into the frame rail. This proved to be an absolute beat down of the highest order. Is there no big box store around that can sell you a freaking drill bit that you have a fighting chance at using more than one time? This frame steel is unreal to cut through. First hole was quick. Second, I guess I burned the drill bit too much and it seemed to stop cutting. Two hours grinding on that second hole. Total whip. But, at last, its mounted. With any luck I'll never have to touch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom