What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Repacked locking hubs along with some new lipstick....
before wheel.jpg
after wheel.jpg

finally got around to rehabbing the plastic trims for the fender and quarter vent grilles. Installed the outer felts sans chrome. removed the bent metal trim at the top of the drivers door card to simulate the NUSA door cards. I'll need to add a piece of grey hide-um as a border to make it look pro, but the other cards will follow suit. ordered new windshield washer res cap and wiper post cowl, along with the remainder of gaskets, spacers, washers and orings for the reconditioned fuel injectors. pics to follow...

finally got around to rehabbing the plastic trims for the fender and quarter vent grilles. Installed the outer felts sans chrome. removed the bent metal trim at the top of the drivers door card to simulate the NUSA door cards. I'll need to add a piece of grey hide-um as a border to make it look pro, but the other cards will follow suit. ordered new windshield washer res cap and wiper post cowl, along with the remainder of gaskets, spacers, washers and orings for the reconditioned fuel injectors. pics to follow...

Photo of this door card work? Sound like what I'm wanting to do.

as soon as she gets home...

Replaced the blower motor and fan today. Three screws and a couple wire splices later and I have a functional blower.

Had a couple of loads of fill dirt brought in this weekend. Had to engage in a little redneckery this afternoon. FJ60 in 4WD low had not trouble easing up the pile and could have easily continued to the point of being high-centered. Angle is a little steeper than it appears in the photo.

IMG_3017.JPG

Good thing this was dirt and not rock considering the approach angle.

IMG_3021.JPG

iCruiser - What did you use to clean the rims?
Aluminum foil with WD-40 to remove rust. Mother's Chrome Polish. New lug nuts, My Brother CenTexFJ60 thew in a set of hub caps all the way around. Rattle canned the locking hub components. Good result with the rears as well.

RearBefore.jpg
RearAfter.jpg

Aluminum foil with WD-40 to remove rust. Mother's Chrome Polish. New lug nuts, My Brother CenTexFJ60 thew in a set of hub caps all the way around. Rattle canned the locking hub components. Good result with the rears as well.

View attachment 1593362 View attachment 1593364

Someone along the way painted the factory wheels on mine black. I wonder if I could strip the paint and coke & foil them to that. Looks nice.

Had a couple of loads of fill dirt brought in this weekend. Had to engage in a little redneckery this afternoon. FJ60 in 4WD low had not trouble easing up the pile and could have easily continued to the point of being high-centered. Angle is a little steeper than it appears in the photo.

"Redneckery" I gotta come hang out with you Godwin. I think we might have a lot in common. I have practiced quite a bit of redneckery over in your neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom