What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got to get the truck out for the first time since I've owned it! Went out to the ONSC Christmas party and meet a lot of great cruiser guys and gals!! No cool action shorts sorry was to busy having fun!

Did some light trails with @jfz80 @jamesurq amd @Trollhole look forward to the next time!

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

Took it to some bike trails in Austin. How do y’all load your bikes? I was surprised how well I was able to get it to fit inside without taking up a lot of room. Probably wouldn’t work with anything bigger than a 21", however.

I also got some goodies in the mail from Cruiser Corps.

01B5A027-078C-4258-B46F-EF5CFB0E51F6.jpeg

8C4B1748-4CD6-4AD7-A808-6307FECEECD3.jpeg

65C6B4B0-A4C6-4C32-857F-334FEF157394.jpeg

615C97E4-DCA0-4B2A-9818-9114C4A3D3CF.jpeg

DAC94663-6157-4917-9D93-07639E2D13E0.jpeg

Last edited:
drenmaster, this works great and can be made from a piece of 2X6 and a bent tube, flat bar and a few pieces of angle. but like you, it's just temp until I can make a better bumper. I can send you a drawing if you'd like?

Bumper.jpg

I must be going soft cuz I most definetly let another person put his hands to work on my truck today. Got the manifolds on and tight. We (him) added a smear of copper permatex to the intake ports and tightened her up. Nothing more than a .002 feeler can squeak be now anywhere along the mating surface to one oem gasket.
Got to the carb and couldn’t locate the fourth nut. Talk about deflated!
I was lucky to find one M8x1.25 nut in a bun at Ace that was an exact match in height. But was dark by the time I got back home so will keep chugging along tmrw.

E72252BD-BA33-4331-BA49-A409DB53C704.jpeg

I must be going soft cuz I most definetly let another person put his hands to work on my truck today. Got the manifolds on and tight. We (him) added a smear of copper permatex to the intake ports and tightened her up. Nothing more than a .002 feeler can squeak be now anywhere along the mating surface to one oem gasket.
Got to the carb and couldn’t locate the fourth nut. Talk about deflated!
I was lucky to find one M8x1.25 nut in a bun at Ace that was an exact match in height. But was dark by the time I got back home so will keep chugging along tmrw.

View attachment 1585527
Did you get the manifold planned/machined before install?

drenmaster, this works great and can be made from a piece of 2X6 and a bent tube, flat bar and a few pieces of angle. but like you, it's just temp until I can make a better bumper. I can send you a drawing if you'd like?

I like the look and seems pretty easy to fab up.. unfortunately I lack the tools haha.. the cost of a bumper is what's making me wait to get one.. guess u could just buy the tools for the price of a bumper and try my luck with some fabrication.

Did you get the manifold planned/machined before install?
Yes but the place that did it did a s***ty job and I’ve been fighting it for a long time. That guy in the pix took the intake to work and place it on a true stone and found the outer ports were cupped straight down. He and the lead machinist were able to figure out the other place put it on a side mill and either end shimmied just enough to cause cupping. It’s flat now!

Some friends and I caravanned out into the Mt Hood National Forest to find some Christmas Trees!

C6lOYAC.jpg

This is the first time I took my newish 255/85/16 Toyo MTs into the deep snow and I'm pretty happy with how they performed.

lSQsck3.jpg

Once we got our trees, we decided it would be fun to keep climbing up a rough forest road until the snow got too deep for the little Ford Ranger in the pack.

We limped along until we found a spot to a wide enough to facilitate a turn around. Despite the foot of fresh powder on the ground, the Landcruiser performed a J-turn without too much trouble, but reversing back uphill just wasn't happening without chains. Luckily, I was with the right kind of women folk to help me figure it out:

JQAHVwu.jpg

The 2016 TRD Pro 4runner in our group tried to scoot by me but ended up with his backend sliding precariously down into a steep ditch instead, which got an expected reaction after hearing him brag about the fancy ATRAC control system all morning. With a little help from the Jeep Wrangler and a tow rope, we got him unstuck and everyone made it off the mountain in one piece.

Some friends and I caravanned out into the Mt Hood National Forest to find some Christmas Trees!

C6lOYAC.jpg

This is the first time I took my newish 255/85/16 Toyo MTs into the deep snow and I'm pretty happy with how they performed.

lSQsck3.jpg

Once we got our trees, we decided it would be fun to keep climbing up a rough forest road until the snow got too deep for the little Ford Ranger in the pack.

We limped along until we found a spot to a wide enough to facilitate a turn around. Despite the foot of fresh powder on the ground, the Landcruiser performed a J-turn without too much trouble, but reversing back uphill just wasn't happening without chains. Luckily, I was with the right kind of women folk to help me figure it out:

JQAHVwu.jpg

The 2016 TRD Pro 4runner in our group tried to scoot by me but ended up with his backend sliding precariously down into a steep ditch instead, which got an expected reaction after hearing him brag about the fancy ATRAC control system all morning. With a little help from the Jeep Wrangler and a tow rope, we got him unstuck and everyone made it off the mountain in one piece.
Way to go having a couple of smart ladies w/ you. ;) Where’s the pix of the tree you guys snagged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom