What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just scrolled through a few weeks' worth of updates from everyone. You guys are doing some damn cool updates to your rigs!!!!

Me? Just compiling an ever-growing "to do" list..... :-(

And a big fat F to whoever is sawing out cat converters (Tempe, Az.). Cattle thieves were once dealt with appropriately, seems fair to me.

getting the old wheel hub out of the bearings is much more difficult than pressing together the new assembly.

View attachment 2613246
View attachment 2613247
But cleaned up and reassembled it’s very satisfying and I like that it’s all OEM parts

View attachment 2613248
View attachment 2613249

NIce work, there's some willpower behind getting that one done for sure.

Any update on the ride after these were replaced? Any noticeable (measured?) reduction to rolling resistance? Meaning does it just glide better when off-throttle?

NIce work, there's some willpower behind getting that one done for sure.

Any update on the ride after these were replaced? Any noticeable (measured?) reduction to rolling resistance? Meaning does it just glide better when off-throttle?
I don’t notice a decrease in rolling resistance but the ride is a bit quieter. I don’t think my bearings were very bad, it was sort of a “while I’m in there” as I had to take them off to do the CVS, and figured it couldn’t hurt with 165k on the originals.

the hardest part of the job was getting the old wheel hubs out of the bearing. If I do it again I might just buy aftermarket wheel hubs (OEM nla) with a press putting them together is pretty easy.

Just scrolled through a few weeks' worth of updates from everyone. You guys are doing some damn cool updates to your rigs!!!!

Me? Just compiling an ever-growing "to do" list..... :-(

And a big fat F to whoever is sawing out cat converters (Tempe, Az.). Cattle thieves were once dealt with appropriately, seems fair to me.
My neighbor in central Phoenix was hit a month ago. It seems to be never ending here.

Did a 13.5hr day in it and unloaded after five days in the Kalahari Desert in the South African side of the Kgalagadi TransFrontier Park...

Kgalagadi1.jpg

Finished today, but I’ve been working at this on and off for a 2 weeks as parts got here from Amazon, parts express, and crutchfield.

finished the following:
  • Replaced all interior lights and the reverse lights with leds from Alla Lighting. Saw a post on ClubLexus from @MrTorgue of the Alla light output, and it convinced to go with Alla. They’re stupid bright. I love it. Whole car illuminates at night on unlock.
  • Replaced the rear hatch interior handle with Bartact paracord handles. The black and gray match the interior surprisingly well. Snagged 2 beefy metric bolts, 2 nuts, 2 cap nuts, and 4 washers at ace. Washers + nuts keep the bolts locked in place on the door frame. Cap nuts just secure the handle. I want to paint the cap nuts black and cut a piece of black rubber to fill in the gap in plastic trim.
  • Replaced the 2 speakers in the rear hatch door with this little celestion full-range driver. Fits almost perfectly in the OEM bracket. Needed to drill out the holes on the speaker plastic just a bit. The plug on one of brackets was bad. So I got this harness from Crutchfield, a 22uF 100V capacitor, and busted out the soldering iron for the first time in a long time. No more buzzing from those speakers!
  • Vinyl wrapped all the wood trim. I hated the wood trim since day 1, wish it was the black wood trim. Alas. The vent covers were a nightmare. Pulled them and then removed the actual ac vent from the wood trim to make wrapping easier. Most proud of the shifter knob. I basically rebuilt that thing. Heated it with the heat gun to soften the epoxy and sloooowly removed the wood trim from it. Wrapped it, cleaned the epoxy off the shift knob, and then JB Welded it back in place. Wrapped the whole thing in a microfiber cloth then super tightly with tape to keep pressure while the epoxy dried.
Pictures
E7C321DD-FE9F-4738-83EC-FF7BC2719327.jpeg

C26A7D20-B39E-46BB-AA9D-8D8749FBFD98.jpeg

66665258-3E8E-4D3E-9011-E26C05BAA957.jpeg

figure the black and white camo vinyl will have a range of opinions, lol, but I have my reasons...would have preferred black, but I didn’t think I’d color match the dash black 100% and the different tones would drive me nuts. That left me with
1) a different color (didn’t want to have a tri-color interior)
2) a pattern
Really dig the brushed metal look, but was hesitant to use it for my first time with vinyl since the direction of the wrap matters (brush strokes). That led me to the camo I used, and I love it. Feels like the life size tonka toy I wanted as a kid. I never ever want to vinyl wrap again. My finger tips are sore as hell.

Last edited:
Finished today, but I’ve been working at this on and off for a 2 weeks as parts got here from Amazon, parts express, and crutchfield.

finished the following:
  • Replaced all interior lights and the reverse lights with leds from Alla Lighting. Saw a post on ClubLexus from @MrTorgue of the Alla light output, and it convinced to go with Alla. They’re stupid bright. I love it. Whole car illuminates at night on unlock.
  • Replaced the rear hatch interior handle with Bartact paracord handles. The black and gray match the interior surprisingly well. Snagged 2 beefy metric bolts, 2 nuts, 2 cap nuts, and 4 washers at ace. Washers + nuts keep the bolts locked in place on the door frame. Cap nuts just secure the handle. I want to paint the cap nuts black and cut a piece of black rubber to fill in the gap in plastic trim.
  • Replaced the 2 speakers in the rear hatch door with this little celestion full-range driver. Fits almost perfectly in the OEM bracket. Needed to drill out the holes on the speaker plastic just a bit. The plug on one of brackets was bad. So I got this harness from Crutchfield, a 22uF 100V capacitor, and busted out the soldering iron for the first time in a long time. No more buzzing from those speakers!
  • Vinyl wrapped all the wood trim. I hated the wood trim since day 1, wish it was the black wood trim. Alas. The vent covers were a nightmare. Pulled them and then removed the actual ac vent from the wood trim to make wrapping easier. Most proud of the shifter knob. I basically rebuilt that thing. Heated it with the heat gun to soften the epoxy and sloooowly removed the wood trim from it. Wrapped it, cleaned the epoxy off the shift knob, and then JB Welded it back in place. Wrapped the whole thing in a microfiber cloth then super tightly with tape to keep pressure while the epoxy dried.
Pictures
View attachment 2651330

View attachment 2651331

View attachment 2651332

figure the black and white camo vinyl will have a range of opinions, lol, but I have my reasons...would have preferred black, but I didn’t think I’d color match the dash black 100% and the different tones would drive me nuts. That left me with
1) a different color (didn’t want to have a tri-color interior)
2) a pattern
Really dig the brushed metal look, but was hesitant to use it for my first time with vinyl since the direction of the wrap matters (brush strokes). That led me to the camo I used, and I love it. Feels like the life size tonka toy I wanted as a kid. I never ever want to vinyl wrap again. My finger tips are sore as hell.

Glad those Alla’s worked for you! I strongly believe in that brand and I especially like these types (the tower) of their bulbs below. I have them in the front and back of both my GX’s and they are stupid bright. The brake lights in the 470 are especially bright with 2 per side. The rear turn indicator bulbs in the 470 face straight out unlike my 460 who has the turn indicator bulb in the back pointed ... up.

Amazon product ASIN B07H6TDYZR
Your camo vinyl is amazing, I love it.

Glad those Alla’s worked for you! I strongly believe in that brand and I especially like these types (the tower) of their bulbs below. I have them in the front and back of both my GX’s and they are stupid bright. The brake lights in the 470 are especially bright with 2 per side. The rear turn indicator bulbs in the 470 face straight out unlike my 460 who has the turn indicator bulb in the back pointed ... up.

Amazon product ASIN B07H6TDYZR
Your camo vinyl is amazing, I love it.

Huge fan of Alla now. Real glad I stumbled across your post. Their customer service was great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom