What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably!

Every year our local Land Cruise Club volunteers with the Forest Service to patrol the local Christmas tree cutting area. We get people unstuck, help them if lost, etc. Today was pretty quiet but a fun day of snow wheeling. Most was snow packed with icy spots and some deep snow spots.
85F557AF-E13D-4E74-AA21-24396E0C9E7D.jpeg

ECD423C1-E81F-4B11-8E16-63BAE984647C.jpeg

1EAB046C-E3F4-40EF-B0F7-77C6CEB55F7B.jpeg

Looking small next to the JK on 37s and 80 with 4” lift on 35s
A79A748E-AB50-49C3-8112-6CC824C8D35A.jpeg

Got the car-b-que going to warm up the burrito

exactly. One is the TPMS stem (if you have it) and the other is a non-TPMS stem for airing down/up so you can do it faster with no errors (or air down on one and read pressure on the other).
Thanks for the reply, I did not know you could have two stems, makes sense to me.

This is more of a 'over the last week' saga but I installed 4.10 gears and an elocker. Installed Total chaos spindle gussets and upper and lower Metaltech adjustable rear control arms.
Had an odd bearing noise in the new-to-me rear diff. Thought maybe I went too tight on my bearing preload so I pulled it back out and readjusted.
Noise and vibration continued. I dreaded it being a bad pinion bearing and it was.
Pulled the diff a third time and did all new bearings and a solid pinion spacer.
Inner pinion bearing didn't have enough space for a bearing separator and i don't have a fancy clamshell puller so it came off the hard way...

Gear pattern looked good. Put it back in and everything is good so far.

Just need to build a wiring harness and I'll be done with that project.

20191216_212403.jpg

20191216_200253.jpg

20191216_200227.jpg

20191216_200300.jpg

20191207_174547.jpg

Nice! Sorry about your bearing woes. Anything special about welding on the spindle gussets? I've got a non-sway bar set teed up.

They welded on fine once they were ground to fit. There were some gaps that I wasn't happy with that I attribute to total chaos's design.

I used the thicker top cap piece and had a hard time getting the UCA ball joint hole, gusset and cap to all line up. My guessets are straight and we did my buddy's at the same time and his had the same problem so we either got two sets that slipped through QC, or total chaos built them expecting the end user to have to do a lot of grinding to get them to fit.

You basically choose if you want your holes to line up or if you want the gusset edges to line up. If you pick having the holes line up, get ready to fill about 3/8" gaps with bead.

In the end, they are on the car and will serve their purpose but I was not impressed with the amount of grinding that was required to make them fit.

Here's a pick of both sets getting paint.

20191207_113606.jpg

Rago fab. He said it right in the title

Last edited:
I did a once over on the GX: check your UCAs! Mine developed some sloppy steering and found my UCA bolts were finger tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom