What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found an elegant solution using Prado fender splash guards after running board removal!
No need to hack up the boards to get a tiny little trim piece when you can have complete
splash guards styled to fit the GX470. About to install rails and these functional pieces will fill
the "cosmetic gap" with a functional replacement. Amazing what you can find on AMZ these days!
What do you think?

View attachment 2083116
I'd be very interested in these before winter comes

Did my 12th trail from the NOCO fun treks book. I have only once gotten a MVUM and have never called a ranger station to check on things. Kinda wish I had. They closed the trail two weeks ago right by the end for bridge maintenance. I’d planned a day around popping out the other end and ended up having to go all the way back the way I came. Still fun but wrecked my big plans for multiple trails today. Maybe worth that phone call tot he ranger station..... also, I’ve wanted to discuss this for a while here but didn’t want to come across a “way”. Now I don’t care how it’s received. I have. A request for all members. Maybe you do this already and if so I thank you. If not, can I please implore you To carry a trash bag and pick things up trash that is within your reach. I filled up a bag today (as usually) but the trail today was disgusting. I can’t believe people do what they do. It’s behavior like this that gets trails shut down. We already get weird looks being in lexuses so who cares what someone thinks you look like? I’ve read it: leave the trail better than you found it. I try every time and im
Asking everyone here to do their part. Sorry. Soapbox over.
Trail was Bunce School House Rd outside Lyons
029E3AEA-4258-4D48-8FA0-6C47358B6446.jpeg
4F9EC1BB-3037-45B5-8D63-987CFA810FE8.jpeg
0644C298-F2C3-4E37-B852-D06B96E2A051.jpeg

I did bunce school a few years ago in my old Toyota mini truck and I must say it’s a fun trail so that’s a bummer that you didn’t get to do it

Found an elegant solution using Prado fender splash guards after running board removal!
No need to hack up the boards to get a tiny little trim piece when you can have complete
splash guards styled to fit the GX470. About to install rails and these functional pieces will fill
the "cosmetic gap" with a functional replacement. Amazing what you can find on AMZ these days!
What do you think?

View attachment 2083116
price?

And by 'rails' do you mean sliders?

I'm also intregued with the finished product.

Last edited:
price?

And by 'rails' do you mean sliders?

I'm also intregued with the finished product.
See photos attached, they are not sliders as I see on other GX which “hug” the body and protect against serious bouldering damage. So far the rear splash guards are identical to original and can be painted. Once my welder fashions retrofit brackets for the “rails”will see if front splash guards fit w/o trimming.

FE50DE4A-B9AD-4822-8DF6-AF7AAD28A548.jpeg

8823206B-8D53-4613-800B-75F8447E31BA.jpeg

What did you guys do to your GX today? Cleaned and conditioned my seats today. Cannot stress the importance of maintaining the leather in our seats! Had them treated today, took some time to clean then condition, but man, sure does make the seats feel more "supple". This also extends the life of the leather and allows it to last without cracking/ripping over the years.]

Nice looking grill....what is best technique-products to preserve? Anyone use Lexol?

All O2 sensors (that upstream sensor is a bitch!), oil change with Amazon 5W-30 synthetic and OE filter. Lubed driveline, tie rods, UCA's. Attempted to remove some trail pin stripes to no avail.

What do you think?

View attachment 2083116

I'm very interested in this follow-up. A buddy just looked and Amazon says it doesn't fit a GX.

1568643440053.png

I know The Prado running board trim is different from the GX, The Prado is much more like the Land cruiser 80 + 100 + 200, where it's just straight across and doesn't have the notch the GX does.

I dig the rail and will be psyched to see it completed! 👍

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this follow-up. A buddy just looked and Amazon says it doesn't fit a GX.
View attachment 2083752

I know The Prado running board trim is different from the GX, The Prado is much more like the Land cruiser 80 + 100 + 200, where it's just straight across and doesn't have the notch the GX does.
I dig the rad, psyched to see this finished! 👍
Im most interested to see if the rears fit... these look like a good solution to trim these for the rear bumper and save the stock ones to put back on later.

Will do so once the rails are modified to fit in place in a few weeks. I am using the existing brackets that support the current boards-are they bolted onto undercarriage or just less secure tap screws?
Anybody posted what to do to reroute the electrical lighting? I do not want to delete it but I saw that changing them to ground lights was possible. Can't find that post.
added note: re: I saw that but for $50 and return option I wanted to try. The Amazon "doesn't fit GX470" msg. I got also. Likely refers to it with the running boards in place (some high end Prados have same running boards as Lexus GX). The rear ones are a complete fit now. And will be used as MN winter approaches...
If I get the time next weekend I'll try to pull the run. boards and see if the front splash guards fit as they appear they will. The welder's rail-step bracket mods are in process and may take awhile before ready. So we will see...to be continued
Any help here on the lighting wiring remount to "ground lights"?

Last edited:
Explored some trails in Montana.
added note: re: I saw that but for $50 and return option I wanted to try. The Amazon "doesn't fit GX470" msg. I got also. Likely refers to it with the running boards in place (some high end Prados have same running boards as Lexus GX). The rear ones are a complete fit now. And will be used as MN winter approaches...
If I get the time next weekend I'll try to pull the run. boards and see if the front splash guards fit as they appear they will. The welder's rail-step bracket mods are in process and may take awhile before ready. So we will see...to be continued
Any help here on the lighting wiring remount to "ground lights"?
havent finalized my lights yet but I did test them. Remove lighting harness from running boards and cut off both ends. Get a volt meter to see what is positive and negative and splice on new lights. Super simple. Here is a terrible picture. The lights are actually blue.

79C26393-703F-490C-9EAD-F198F781C7E4.jpeg

Installed the President Bill CB in lieu of my ashtray.
IMG_2868.JPG

It is 4x4x1. It has 2 different mounts for different configurations. The mount that allows the CB to be removed was too wide to fit in the space left from the ashtray by about 4mm. It is simiar to that of a hot swappable server hard drive. I used some scrap aluminum to fill the space above the radio (I can't paint to save the world :( )

Explored some trails in Montana.

havent finalized my lights yet but I did test them. Remove lighting harness from running boards and cut off both ends. Get a volt meter to see what is positive and negative and splice on new lights. Super simple. Here is a terrible picture. The lights are actually blue.

View attachment 2084251
Nice! Did this a while back with a LUX lighting sale. Got amber lights.
20190608_172111.jpg

We tried to relocate the fuel tank over the weekend.

0915191907a.jpg

0915191908.jpg

PSA: if you live in the southeast and plan to wheel your rig, go with steel skids. Aluminum is awesome, but I'm just not sold on long term durability under moderate use on the offerings in the SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom