What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
It’s a never ending money pit! Where did you get the trailer hitch? I need one to haul my dirtbike.
I'll tell you a secret where I sourced my hitch from......the junk yard! My local salvage yard had an 03 and 04 4runner, I basically took off the 04, told the lady at the front it was a bracket and basically got for $8 vs $130+ online. It's an older style, but works the same across the board.

Just completed a full replacement of the audio system. I had previously replaced the HU with a pioneer touchscreen with apple CarPlay but the stock amp (nonML) sucked and has weird crossover cutoffs.

I previously lined the car with sound deadening material and this weekend, I put in a pioneer 5 channel amp under the front PS seat, Hertz 6.5” components in the front doors, disconnected the rear doors for now and a kicker 6.75” sub in the stock subwoofer enclosure.

I would have included pics but everything is hidden but the HU and that’s an old post.

I can now hear everything in the music as it was recorded. It’s amazing how much detail can get lost when the OEM tuning has to protect the crappy paper speakers.

How do you like the 2-way up front vs the 3-way? are you running crossovers or active in the front? Which kicker are you running? did it noticeably increase sub bass? How many watts to the sub?

I miss the 12" sub i had in my 3rd gen 4runner! I wouldn't mind stronger sub bass again. I liked feeling the kick drum, but not sure a 6.75" will do that!

How do you like the 2-way up front vs the 3-way? are you running crossovers or active in the front? Which kicker are you running? did it noticeably increase sub bass? How many watts to the sub?

I miss the 12" sub i had in my 3rd gen 4runner! I wouldn't mind stronger sub bass again. I liked feeling the kick drum, but not sure a 6.75" will do that!
I think there’s better clarity than OEM with the hertz speakers and I just have the passive crossover that comes with them running for now. I’m deciding whether to run the tweeters and woofers off separate channels and not ever use the rear so a ic use the active crossover in the head unit.

The kicker is the 6.75” dual 2ohm (wired at 4 ohm for my amp) and gets 300 watts from the amp.

It doesn’t sound boomy like a lot of aftermarket subs but my taste in music doesn’t really include that. In other words, I don’t “feel” the base.

I seemed to have to do this every time I drive. I was holding for about 15-20.
I noticed you have to cycle the window completely from the up postion go fully down and then up and hold. Works for me every time until I take the battery cable off for some other reason. Then you have to reset them again.

Are they going to come.out with
GX
OR
badges? 🧐
Bet they'd sell thousands of em!

Working on it

505F553D-DC65-4C95-B1A6-B95819FE936E.jpeg

Rad.
Will it be one piece, or maybe OR part sold separately? 🙄
🤘
Again, Dan, well done! Whatever your magic, your work and efforts over the years have paid off for affording notice and change in the industry!

Working through material and color. Will likely be the whole thing to match. This was just a "what will it look like" attempt.

Working through material and color. Will likely be the whole thing to match. This was just a "what will it look like" attempt.
FWIW, in Subaru land, they have badges of ownership, owners can order whatever badges they identify with (not like that 😆), blahblahblah, but they come with a paper template to make mounting easy and straight.
IMG_20190820_163301.jpg

(From interwebs) note paper template above badge...
maxresdefault.jpg

I can see using a similar paper template for mounting the OR appropriately and squarely below the stock GX badge....
Increased marketability. 😉👍

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's the font Lexus used for the logo for the concept. Sticking to it :)

Toyota tie rod end gave up on me after only 6k. Not total failure but lost most of the grease so it was only a matter of time.
IMG_20190821_185245.jpg

Wheelin's hard on parts I guess :steer:

Replaced it with a greasable Moog one. Anyone know if OEMs can be re-booted?

Got this sorted for when I dont want to have my RTT mounted.

The fridge gets strapped down which I dont like. I need to decide on a drop down slider.

View attachment 2065957

This is the kind of setup I want for solo travel in my gx470. What do you have near the front seats under the bed?

Created a pretty cool GXOR emblem in honor of the concept. Same colors, but carbon fiber/thermoplastic for better UV and strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom