What did you do to your pig today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uuummmm pig snow wheelin...hope you weren't using that chain as a snatch strap? hate to see it go through a windshield

I was thinking the same thing.

Chains don't store energy like a strap. The really scary ones are the straps with the steel hooks built in. Now that's a slingshot. John

Chains don't store energy like a strap. The really scary ones are the straps with the steel hooks built in. Now that's a slingshot. John

they will still whip a bit...ask my high school friends brother how i know that ;)

guards

today had to remove the grille for some touch-up (ok, a re-spray) and was able to install the light guards. Charging the battery and getting things sorted. all the chrome is back on, and the wheelhouses are again covered per original patterns. Next up is the headliner (tomorrow) and the seatbelt installation.

lightguard.jpg

photo front pig3.jpg

Hermosa11,

Nice job! I've got a set of those headlight guards, also. Would you mind taking a close up shot of how you mounted them. Did you use the chrome ring, on the light? I had all mine stuff powder coated to match the grill and not sure on mounting.

Thanks,

Ron

Tried to tune 55 today and still runs like crap, timing and ing is on the money but still backfires through carb. Can't start it cold unless you put your hand over carb. Vacuum leak? I rebuilt carb last year , maybe in there ?

Hermosa11,

Nice job! I've got a set of those headlight guards, also. Would you mind taking a close up shot of how you mounted them. Did you use the chrome ring, on the light? I had all mine stuff powder coated to match the grill and not sure on mounting.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron, happy to help out. This is only a close up of the existing front end shot, but let's start here before I can get better pics.

The chrome trim ring is there, and the 3 clips are mounted outside of it using the same screws that hold the chrome ring on. I found, and I am by no means a pig professor, that the ring and clips go on first (even though in this picture the mesh cover is there already…)
Next comes the headlamp bezel, and then after the bezel put the mesh cover on using the 3 clips. It took a few tries to get the best orientation of the mesh vis-a-vis the clips. You will see how the holes line up…

good luck!

closelyguarded.jpg

Tried to tune 55 today and still runs like crap, timing and ing is on the money but still backfires through carb. Can't start it cold unless you put your hand over carb. Vacuum leak? I rebuilt carb last year , maybe in there ?

Having to start with your hand over the carb sounds like a choke that is not working, or a major vacuum leak. Maybe the base gasket or intake manifold gasket?

Backfiring out the carb is usually timing related... Are the plug wires all on the right cylinders? I don't suppose someone put the distributed back in the wrong spot? I assume the flywheel can only go on one way since the timing mark is on there but I'd be temped to put the engine at TDC using the valves and piston and then check the distributed and timing mark on the flywheel.

Good luck

simple is usually right... 1973 fj55

rubber

Got the 33's on the rig pig today. Man, what a difference. you can see the headliner going in, and the lights working. Just need a few more days for the interior panels and then I can detail all the little items…
almost done.

BFtire.jpg

lightedgrille.jpg

facetoy.jpg

Got the 33's on the rig pig today. Man, what a difference. you can see the headliner going in, and the lights working. Just need a few more days for the interior panels and then I can detail all the little items…
almost done.

Wow, some great progress!

this morning, i thought about welding up the track bar for the pickle only to face the reality that i really need to work on the 4skinner. so instead, i'm inside scanning newsletters for the state 4wd association.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom