Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did some travelling in my 80, taking a week off to see family. Mostly asphalt, totaling 1100 miles looping from Peoria to Prescott, Flagstaff, Holbrook, St Johns, Springerville, Socorro, Las Cruces, Tucson then back home.

My point...I am really pleased with how the new motor is doing. About 8000 miles since putting it back on the road in early February 18. I've done a couple of long trips with the CSC crew (Mojave Road & North Rim) and a few other trips on my own. So far I've done three oil and filter changes and have no leaks, no issues, and no oil consumption at all. Average fuel mileage on this trip...14.76 mpg driving at posted speed limits. I did the math 3 times because I couldn't believe it! It seems that this motor likes to stretch its legs... I average 13.5 mpg running around the valley. Props to CBT on the engine rebuild:clap:

Did some travelling in my 80, taking a week off to see family. Mostly asphalt, totaling 1100 miles looping from Peoria to Prescott, Flagstaff, Holbrook, St Johns, Springerville, Socorro, Las Cruces, Tucson then back home.

My point...I am really pleased with how the new motor is doing. About 8000 miles since putting it back on the road in early February 18. I've done a couple of long trips with the CSC crew (Mojave Road & North Rim) and a few other trips on my own. So far I've done three oil and filter changes and have no leaks, no issues, and no oil consumption at all. Average fuel mileage on this trip...14.76 mpg driving at posted speed limits. I did the math 3 times because I couldn't believe it! It seems that this motor likes to stretch its legs... I average 13.5 mpg running around the valley. Props to CBT on the engine rebuild:clap:
MattMan was this a new to you motor, or just rebuilt your own original motor?

Summing up recent mods: new 40G fuel tank, removed rust-dripping con-ferr rack until I can get it powder coated, installed White Knuckle Offroad sliders, and threw my old Packasport fiberglass cargo box up top with some Thule mounts and bars.

Tank new stuff 5.jpg

tank new stuff3.jpg

Oh, and new 265s Toyo Open Country ATs.

Summing up recent mods: new 40G fuel tank, removed rust-dripping con-ferr rack until I can get it powder coated, installed White Knuckle Offroad sliders, and threw my old Packasport fiberglass cargo box up top with some Thule mounts and bars.

View attachment 1820254

View attachment 1820255

Where you attached D rings to the front bumper are designed for using a jack not a anchor point. My plan is to use the downs from 80 series front and back. Need to source another to have four. On the front will require a spacer with the bull bar. For now using two of the front hooks front original bumper. Mine has hole that match the bolt pattern in the vertical pieces.
IMG_20180830_120306890.jpg

Where you attached D rings to the front bumper are designed for using a jack not a anchor point. My plan is to use the downs from 80 series front and back. Need to source another to have four. On the front will require a spacer with the bull bar. For now using two of the front hooks front original bumper. Mine has hole that match the bolt pattern in the vertical pieces.
View attachment 1820397
I can't see the front hooks in your picture to see where you located them. I have one off of my stock bumper I could use.

I can't see the front hooks in your picture to see where you located them. I have one off of my stock bumper I could use.

Look outside the main vertical beams at the level of the bottom of the license plate. Holes were already there. When I bought my bumper used one of the hooks was already mounted. Used the one off my cruiser for the outer side.

got it! thanks Living in the Past!

I know this is a proably a repeat post but I purchased an 80 over the summer and I been trying to catch up on the maintenance. Being a 4runner owner I usually just replace the starter contacts. So my usual cheaper fix i just clean the starter and replaced plunger and contacts.

20181031_155818.jpg

20181031_155852.jpg

20181031_163025.jpg

Should of hi jacked it

Bolted a skid plate to my Slee sliders to protect the cats after I banged one up in Moab last May. Also removed the OEM luggage rack as I'm replacing my Inti rack with a Bowfin for lower profile. Using the bolts with washers and rubber O-rings method learned on Mud to plug the 8 holes in the roof.

skid1.jpg

skid2.jpg

roof.jpg

That is not your garage, or your lift . . . :flipoff2:
I thought this was "what did you do to your Land Cruiser".
Bolted a skid plate to my Slee sliders to protect the cats after I banged one up in Moab last May. Also removed the OEM luggage rack as I'm replacing my Inti rack with a Bowfin for lower profile. Using the bolts with washers and rubber O-rings method learned on Mud to plug the 8 holes in the roof.

View attachment 1822389

View attachment 1822390

View attachment 1822393

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom