What did you do on your 70 series today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a public holiday here, and, after days with lots of rain, it was dry today.
So I headed for some muddy tracks in The Netherlands 🇳🇱. Jehh, the rain really had softened up things. Almost got trapped on a 1/4 mile stretch with a bottomless field on the left and a 5ft deep ditch on the right. One of those places where there is no turn around and nothing to hook a winch to, you know... Momentum is all: Gave it the berries and 🤞 I won't fly off. Made it. But it was quite a roller-coaster ride.
20231101_140530.jpg

Saw this guy, or gal? in a parking lot.
Unfortunately no space to take a pic side by side. The owner wasn't around either.
20231101_132754.jpg

Gave my rig a thorough wash afterwards.
Nice day !

Nice! What exact size did u get? I tried Specter seats on my hzj 73 zx trim and because of some additional nobs and size of the drivers side seat I tore the seat cover. Also, the headrest covers don't even come close to fitting. I know others have fit these on LX trim, but for ZX, it's a no go.

Nice! What exact size did u get? I tried Specter seats on my hzj 73 zx trim and because of some additional nobs and size of the drivers side seat I tore the seat cover. Also, the headrest covers don't even come close to fitting. I know others have fit these on LX trim, but for ZX, it's a no go.
They are the Carhardtt Universal model. They sent the first set with only one headrest cover (each seat is sold separately), so I sent back one box. Second (well I guess third at that point) had a headrest cover, only it was black (covers are "gravel"). At this point I was ready to give up but 4th time's the charm, and I got a second gray headrest cover. LOL. Thank goodness it was via Amazon, who were more than happy to fix it. (An email to Carhardtt first got me nothing but: "Currently, the information provided is not from Carhartt is not associated with Carhartt.com." Not even a complete sentence. )

The proper gray headrest covers aren't on yet in this pic but are (finally) gray, and do fit, although tight. The back has a stretchy material that resists the savagery of getting them on there. They do stand off from the seat back where the ZX boltsters are proud, but a day or two of sitting in them seemed to conform the driver's side nicely to the seat contours. Just need a volunteer to conform the other side for me.

They are the Carhardtt Universal model. They sent the first set with only one headrest cover (each seat is sold separately), so I sent back one box. Second (well I guess third at that point) had a headrest cover, only it was black (covers are "gravel"). At this point I was ready to give up but 4th time's the charm, and I got a second gray headrest cover. LOL. Thank goodness it was via Amazon, who were more than happy to fix it. (An email to Carhardtt first got me nothing but: "Currently, the information provided is not from Carhartt is not associated with Carhartt.com." Not even a complete sentence. )

The proper gray headrest covers aren't on yet in this pic but are (finally) gray, and do fit, although tight. The back has a stretchy material that resists the savagery of getting them on there. They do stand off from the seat back where the ZX boltsters are proud, but a day or two of sitting in them seemed to conform the driver's side nicely to the seat contours. Just need a volunteer to conform the other side for me.

some time with the a decent heat gun can make all the difference. it will relax the fabric in those places to allow for conformation.

I got the Escape Gear spare tire cover and their dash protector. It's nice stuff but not amazing. I wouldn't pay their price plus the shipping for the seat covers - Carhartt is equivalent if not better I'll bet. But Carhartt is transitioning to Asian manufacture so all bets are off.

some time with the a decent heat gun can make all the difference. it will relax the fabric in those places to allow for conformation.
That's a good idea. I guess this week I was a heat gun? But a bit more concentrated in certain areas will settle things even better methinks. 👍

My attempt at a @FJBen photo this morning. A little rainbow action.
20231103_085100.jpg

I got the Escape Gear spare tire cover and their dash protector. It's nice stuff but not amazing. I wouldn't pay their price plus the shipping for the seat covers - Carhartt is equivalent if not better I'll bet. But Carhartt is transitioning to Asian manufacture so all bets are off.

I have no experience with carhartt covers but I beg to differ on the Escape Gear covers. Of all covers I used, I found them to be the best covers ever. My rear seat cover is escape gear.

I have no experience with carhartt covers but I beg to differ on the Escape Gear covers. Of all covers I used, I found them to be the best covers ever. My rear seat cover is escape gear.
Well that's good to know. I'm trying to find another front 79 series bucket seat and if I do I'll get their seat covers.

Whaaat?? I never got a sticker with my last last order from partsouq... 😕
🤣
Darren I only got my first one on my last order in October. Before that it was rockauto magnets only...

I opened a box from amayama today and I have to admit I checked the box thoroughly just in case. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom