What did you do on your 70 series today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an extra dishwasher in my garage because my wife just had to have a stainless kitchen aid to match the fridge.... I think it may stay in my garage/workshop and be "repurposed". Good job!

Smart man. Stainless and all. Didn’t peg you as a boujee husband. But I guess everyone has a ball and chain of some sort for stability and sanity.

I’m happy to just have the ability to live my life the way I want it to be now. IE: I can put parts in my oven or my dishwasher. **** all.

Once upon a time I baked a wrinkle- finish air cleaner assembly in my oven and I cleaned up door panels in my bathtub.

Ah, the good old days.

I had my front bumper kit sitting in my dining room for almost 3 months 😆
In times past that would not fly

1977?

:flipoff2:

Man, I really miss living .5 miles away from you. How the years pass.
You are aging somewhat less than gracefully. 1987 actually. You decade-shifter :flipoff2:

no way cant waste a tide pod! :rofl:

New hitch mounted dual gas can holder, probably do a chainsaw holder of some sort on it too

Had to find a spot for my road tires (geolandars), so built my tire work bench too, just need to NOT drill through them now😆
Moved the 2x72 belt grinder I built into the shop too for fab prep, makes life much nicer

IMG_20230401_103505[1].jpg

IMG_20230401_103434[1].jpg

IMG_20230401_103458[1].jpg

IMG_20230401_103444[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_104253[1].jpg
    IMG_20230401_104253[1].jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 32
New hitch mounted dual gas can holder, probably do a chainsaw holder of some sort on it too

Had to find a spot for my road tires (geolandars), so built my tire work bench too, just need to NOT drill through them now😆
Moved the 2x72 belt grinder I built into the shop too for fab prep, makes life much nicer

View attachment 3288032

View attachment 3288034

View attachment 3288035

View attachment 3288037
You are onto something here that we haven't seen yet! Imagine you had 1-3 female "receiver hitch sockets" of whatever size was appropriate and necessary attached to your front and rear bumpers. Whatever activity you were going to engage in with your vehicle you could attach or remove the needed equipment carrier. Be at fuel/water cans, cooler racks, surf fishing gear(front basket), recovery equipment, spare tire carriers, chainsaw wood cutting /getting equipment, tool mounts, deer basket, game hoist, etc.. You don't have to mount it all at once or permanently........People are doing something like this with sides and roof racks mounting shovels, fuel cans etc. Haven't seen it on front and rear bumpers yet..........Could be a new trend.

Smash and grab last month. @ofer bruhis to the rescue! I asked where to order new glass, and he said he had one 7 miles away, but he didn't know which side, and told me to come by the next day after work. Fortunately he had the correct side, and I installed it the following day. Less than 3 days start to finish, and it didn't rain. This greatly reduced the sting of losing $700 of snap-on wrenches my uncle gave me 30 years ago.
Thanks again Ofer, I owe you big.

View attachment 3287417
One reason I wish boobie traps were legal. Thieves have no souls.

You are onto something here that we haven't seen yet! Imagine you had 1-3 female "receiver hitch sockets" of whatever size was appropriate and necessary attached to your front and rear bumpers. Whatever activity you were going to engage in with your vehicle you could attach or remove the needed equipment carrier. Be at fuel/water cans, cooler racks, surf fishing gear(front basket), recovery equipment, spare tire carriers, chainsaw wood cutting /getting equipment, tool mounts, deer basket, game hoist, etc.. You don't have to mount it all at once or permanently........People are doing something like this with sides and roof racks mounting shovels, fuel cans etc. Haven't seen it on front and rear bumpers yet..........Could be a new trend.
Thats the plan, cooler on the front, but more importantly for firewood gathering at camp

Where have you been? You have successfully listed everything that you can readily buy now, plus toilet, hammock, chair, grill, you name it its already been done and available for your hard earned coin.

But, making it is waaaaay better. Looks good 70bc

When you do tje firewood hauler, make it a v shaped rack to put the wood in, I haven't had to tie my firewood down, it kinda lodges in under its own weight

Where have you been? You have successfully listed everything that you can readily buy now, plus toilet, hammock, chair, grill, you name it its already been done and available for your hard earned coin.

But, making it is waaaaay better. Looks good 70bc

When you do tje firewood hauler, make it a v shaped rack to put the wood in, I haven't had to tie my firewood down, it kinda lodges in under its own weight
I haven't been looking, but I have not seen front and rear bumpers with female receiver points for male carrier mounts for a variety of gear.

I was being a little silly, shoulda used a smiley, but, yeah man, they have all kinds of stuff for recievers, some of them are kinda crazy actually.

Installed a dual battery today. I went for a Bluetti EB55, with 450Wh consumable power out if LiFePO4s and 700W inverter. Got a good deal on it, which makes it cheaper than individual components.
It has all connectors on the front, a flat top and nicely fits the Eurobox-layout, my interior storage is based on.
It charges on 12V and 24V at 8A (regardless of actual voltage), so in my 24V BJ73 it charges at almost 200W. From empty to full in just an average wheeling day.
At 8A it would flatten my starter battery in no time, so I run the charge line trough a battery guard and a relais switched by the ignition.
The box supports simultaneous charging and discharging. The 12V outlet connects via XT60 connectors to my vehicle's power distribution (fusebox, USB, DC sockets, lights and fridge). All my devices are dual 12V/24V. When I take the power box out of the vehicle, I can connect the XT60 24V charging line to the distribution inlet, to power my devices from the starting battery.
Cheers Ralf

20230401_155127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom