What did you do on your 70 series today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Importing humor ……. 😁
A9D533E7-8803-4A5F-A13F-0589130C95A0.jpeg

Hey everyone, did something different for a front winch bumper on the 77. I've gone through a few iterations, started with an ARB, didn't like the bulkyness and cattle guardness. Actually main issue was how hard it made it to work on the engine from the front, as we all know, there is lots of time spent working from that position.

Then I built my own version of a plate bumper, that was not winch compatible, mainly because I wanted the opposite from the ARB, tight and compact to the body. It achieved the sleek look objective but I found myself missing the capability of having a winch and ability to mount more lights on it.

So this time I was after a hybrid, something that could take a winch, but avoid the bulky effect that I think a plate bumper gives these trucks. Nothing against plate bumpers, they look the best on vehicles where the winch can be tucked underneath and everything can be kept close to the body. 5th gen 4runners and tacomas look great because of the real estates there is in the front. Older Toyota designs terminated the frames and cross members close to the front not allowing much to tuck behind the grill.

So here is my latest rendition, deciding to go with the tube look, I felt it allows for the amplitude needed to mount a winch while the voids between the tubes suggest a tighter look. Also wanted to avoid the "prerunner" look, so went a little artistic with the tube bends and placement, made the notching and fitment more challenging.

What do you guys think.

IMG_2413.JPEG

IMG_2414.JPEG

side.png

I think the bumper looks good, but I think tube looks too modern for the square lines of the 70 series.

I like your plate bumper, certainly it can stay as tight or even tighter than this tube bumper.

Looks good to me. I might redo my bumper at some point, now that I have a better welder. I want to do a stronger version of the factory winch bumper, but elevated about four or five inches higher up for better angle of attack. something you could stand on and climb on put a jack under or strap some extra gear onto.

D53B8861-3909-44FF-A81B-4B7985B45CE1.jpeg

C822DF13-5D4C-454A-B58A-ABC035B64CBE.jpeg

44283495-B286-4DE7-A798-CFCA00DBA650.jpeg

a little bissel work on the seats, and slapped in a continental blue tooth/usb/radio i picked up from a co worker.

i knew thebseats were dusty, but you never can tell until you do a little deep cleaning. the mud puddle in the dirty reservoir for your perusal.

the fabric in these seats is beautiful. the bias weave of the dark blue and a little dark red really shows up when you get up close. well, and its cleaner.

when i started to pin out the radio plugs to make sure i had 12v from the convertor, i happened to notice that the plugs on the adaptor harness in the truck looked very similar to the pigtail i got with the radio...

come to find out, the old radio, wherever it may be, used the same plugs and pinout as this little unit! happy coincidence. i'd planned a couple hours making the adaptor work with my pigtail. instead, radio install in 10 minutes.

now, to acquire a new antenna. might get to the front brakes this weekend as well. guess we'll see.

Did something shocking today. I'm almost ashamed to admit it. First I washed the 77. Okay. But... then... I actually worked in some spray on wax. 😚 I almost feel like I should apologize to someone. 😂 So fellas...

Sorry?

Bahahah. No pics. What's seen cannot be unseen. And honestly it's not that great anyways but my parents are coming across the country to see us for the first time in two years and my dad hasn't seen the truck and... I got a little crazy. Pick em up in a few hours. Pretty sure it'll fit in airport parking? I'll be damned if we're taking the 100. 😎

Is that considered Toyota’s standard radio for the year model and does it have a single fuel tank?
Yes thats the standard radio equipment for the VDJ7*. Mid 2016 on have a single 130L tank positioned where the 90L sub tank would be on the earlier models. Toyota did this because they added a crossmember to the chassis in the place of the older model main tank to stiffen the chassis in order to obtain a 5 star saftey rating for the single cab models. Pre mid 2016 have 2x 90L tanks.

Yes thats the standard radio equipment for the VDJ7*. Mid 2016 on have a single 130L tank positioned where the 90L sub tank would be on the earlier models. Toyota did this because they added a crossmember to the chassis in the place of the older model main tank to stiffen the chassis in order to obtain a 5 star saftey rating for the single cab models. Pre mid 2016 have 2x 90L tanks.
Do you plan to add a console between the seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom