What did you do on your 70 series today? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the fancy seat! At age 50 I finally know how a car seat should feel. Not due to the adjustable lumbar and upper bolsters and seat, which are great, but the fact that this was just plain sized for tall people. My god what a difference. No more being hunched into a C-shape by the top of the backrest hitting my shoulder blades.

View attachment 2730258

This is the Vario F XXL with no heating or armrest or electrical toys, just the basic seat, which helped keep the price down. Still expensive as hell, but worth it for me and my two back surgeries. Also feel super connected now with the handling. Finally understand why racers are so finicky about their seats.
Hard to get the seat right. I put a excavator suspension seat in my BJ73. Firm pads, durable firm upholstery. Adjustable arm rests. I had to lengthen the back to make it tall enough. It's not as cushy or comfortable sitting in as alot of other seats, but back is less sore after a long drive(more/better support?). My tundra seat is more comfortable and softer, but my back is more sore after a long trip.

Installed a fancy new car alarm w/ remote start, proximity sensors, etc… Also installed JL Audio C2-400 4” dash speakers. Also put new wheels on: Raceline Gauge 950B 15x8 -24 6x139 on 32x11 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s.

This weekend install: Fridge and fridge slide.

Sunday: Camping.

F72D1DE0-2710-40D3-8162-9ADEF3293C96.jpeg

Burro my 1986 BJ73 said goodby to my 4bt 80 series but still has Knuckles 1985 FJ60 as a friend!
D07D53BE-84FC-455E-AAE7-2FE2CC95C631.jpeg

Life has thrown me a lot of curveballs lately so my time here has been sparse and will continue to be.

Anyways, I did manage to install the roof top tent on the HZJ77 last weekend. I ordered the tent last year but got it a few months ago. A friend from work stopped by to help me lift it onto the bars. It fit like a glove for the 77 series.

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

Hard to get the seat right. I put a excavator suspension seat in my BJ73. Firm pads, durable firm upholstery. Adjustable arm rests. I had to lengthen the back to make it tall enough. It's not as cushy or comfortable sitting in as alot of other seats, but back is less sore after a long drive(more/better support?). My tundra seat is more comfortable and softer, but my back is more sore after a long trip.
completely agree on the firm vs soft seat. the original seats in my troopy had far more cushion and felt fine short term, but the firmer seat that is actually made to fit my size is way better for longer stints behind the wheel.

Fabricated some new front door cards for the troopy using 1/8" ABS. Pretty easy since i had the original cards for tracing the shape and lining up screw holes. Threw in some sound deadener on the sheet metal and reset my speakers in surface mount pods. The pods angle the speakers up a bit, towards the driver and passenger, really improving clarity and eliminated vibration.

C2B86C61-96D5-4812-BA70-126DEE708247_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks good. I hope you have better luck than me with the EGT probe. I think my 3rd one just started crapping out. :mad: I'm not sure what is going one, but I may have to try a different brand of EGT probe.
You aren't the only one with this problem. Both of mine started to go after working around/near the probe wiring on the manifold. That may be the weak point and I'm not sure how to tell you to fix that other than to install the probe in a position out of the way that isn't disturbed when you wrench on the engine.

Ever seen zero shims under a trunion cap from the factory?

I'm debating whether or not to just put a shim on each end from the cruiser outfitters kit. Doesn't feel right putting 2 shims on one side and zero on the other. But maybe I'm trying to mistakenly out think the Toyota engineers.

If you use the SST to figure shim stacks you will find that usually the top only gets the shims. The calculation process has you remove 3mm from the bottom and that always ends up at zero or less for me.

Cheers

Shibas 😆

View attachment 2737540View attachment 2737541View attachment 2737542

My little guy went with me to Panama by land twice with a few trips to Baja tossed in. Best dog I ever had, sadly he has been gone awhile.

Cheers
Well look at that handsome fellow! Love those black and tans too!

My OG Shiba (in my profile pic) went to Moab with me many times, as well as all over western Canada and the US. He passed away last year at 15. My little girl Shiba is 12 now, and is fully blind, but she still goes on camping trips, as pictured.

They're great dogs! But you know that.

Mine made it to 18!

He was pretty blind by 15 though too and couldn't hear well after about 12 or 13. Really want to get another but it’s hard to take the time for a puppy.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom