What did you do on your 70 series today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Low flying plane, at sunset, with 2 cruisers. What else could you want?

View attachment 2650162

Great sunset right there ! @theglobb you have a base nearby?

C-130 Hercules correct?

Looks and sounds like a H model rather than a J.
FYI The C-130Js are built in Marietta GA, so there are frequently new 130s overhead on acceptance/test flights, but they are usually flying higher and they don't have the cargo ramp partially deployed like the one in video.
Nice video and experience that won't be forgotten.

Yes, but that is a C130 with extended fuselage, Longer version.

Similar to commercial transports, C-130s have been built with different fuselage lengths. [i.e., barrel sections are added to make the fuselage longer per operational needs of customer]
If maximizing cargo volume/weight is your operational need, the longer fuselage could be the preferred option.
If maximizing range and/or minimizing nominal fuel burn rate, the shorter fuselage could be the preferred option.
The following image is simplistic but it illustrates the concept.

fuselage.gif

Similar to commercial transports, C-130s have been built with different fuselage lengths. [i.e., barrel sections are added to make the fuselage longer per operational needs of customer]
If maximizing cargo volume/weight is your operational need, the longer fuselage could be the preferred option.
If maximizing range and/or minimizing nominal fuel burn rate, the shorter fuselage could be the preferred option.
The following image is simplistic but it illustrates the concept.

View attachment 2650760
That whole “stretching thingy” didn’t work so well for Boeing and their latest 737. 😊

We've been using the Troopy as a pickup for a LOT of yard work. Nothing like almost a ton of bricks to give you that "Cadillac feel".
I keep thinking I should do a permanent storage build out in the back but then I need the cargo room again and again.
I suppose this is just a sign my mid life crisis will be a single cab 40 or 70 series ute...
IMG_6971.jpg

We've been using the Troopy as a pickup for a LOT of yard work. Nothing like almost a ton of bricks to give you that "Cadillac feel".
I keep thinking I should do a permanent storage build out in the back but then I need the cargo room again and again.
I suppose this is just a sign my mid life crisis will be a single cab 40 or 70 series ute...
View attachment 2651252

:oops: You need a utility trailer!!

Cruiser plus this trailer has been incredibly handy for me. Better than any pickup.

IMG_20200319_121809440_HDR.jpg

Hello,

I am not sure I said this before.

You do have a good eye for photography.

Keep up the good work.

Juan
Really appreciate it! From what I remember @Bogan & @FJBen are 2 others (at least in 70 series forums) that have great photography as well. Can't wait to get a good pic or 2... or 50, of everyone's rigs that go to the Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet 😄👍

Really appreciate it! From what I remember @Bogan & @FJBen are 2 others (at least in 70 series forums) that have great photography as well. Can't wait to get a good pic or 2... or 50, of everyone's rigs that go to the Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet 😄👍

Cheers man! Just keep at it. :)

Haven't touched the Troopy in weeks since I'm waiting to send it off for a rebuild. While they're in there, I'm getting an aux tank, lockers, and a cabin heater put in.

Chaco-59.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom